UConn’s plan to sell pieces of Gampel Pavilion court

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

Paying Make It Rain GIF by Travis

Reaction Score
It seems like they are somewhat random on whether or not they sell off chunks of the National Championship Game Floors. I have a piece from 1999 (on a plaque) and square from 2011 but never saw the other 3.

Reaction Score

-> “When you find someone who has a lot of resources and has an emotional connection to something, that’s when you use the word priceless. We’re going to have people who look at this stuff saying, ‘That’s priceless to me.’ This can be what we refer to as a win-win situation. We’re going to try to generate as much money as we can to help pay for the new floor, and provide opportunities to our fans to have a piece of UConn basketball history. Which is great for both.” <-

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It seems like they are somewhat random on whether or not they sell off chunks of the National Championship Game Floors. I have a piece from 1999 (on a plaque) and square from 2011 but never saw the other 3.

The winner has the option of buying the floor. I have a feeling they did not this year because they knew they were going to be replacing and selling pieces of Gampel’s current floor.

Some company in Michigan makes all of the tournament floors - if UConn doesn’t buy 2023’s Final Four floor, it’ll be sold as a used floor. I think there’s a high school somewhere with a court that’s full-on Final Four livery.

Reaction Score
The winner has the option of buying the floor. I have a feeling they did not this year because they knew they were going to be replacing and selling pieces of Gampel’s current floor.

Some company in Michigan makes all of the tournament floors - if UConn doesn’t buy 2023’s Final Four floor, it’ll be sold as a used floor. I think there’s a high school somewhere with a court that’s full-on Final Four livery.
I thought I read somewhere that the winner is given the floor by the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I think the winner is given first right of refusal to purchase the floor.
Ahhh. Would love to see them do what Nova did.
I guess they bought the 2016 court and used it for one of their entrances to the on campus arena.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Buy the floor and use it in the practice facility. Seems like a wasted opportunity.
Was just thinking about how cool it would be for regular students if they installed the floor in the rec center. Getting runs in on the team’s championship floor would give them a different feel, and serve as a reminder to the students how successful the program is.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Was just thinking about how cool it would be for regular students if they installed the floor in the rec center. Getting runs in on the team’s championship floor would give them a different feel, and serve as a reminder to the students how successful the program is.
Nah. It would just be another thing to burn next natty

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Thanks, news I can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing