UCF vs. UConn — Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UCF vs. UConn — Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perfect game plan? By watching someone dribble around for 26 seconds then hoist up a desperation shot just keeps you losing by 20 instead of 40. What are you teaching your team to dribble around to limit your opponent's possessions, tough to watch
All a matter of where one sits as to whether what UCF did was a good game plan or would make Naismith roll over in his grave... For me, UCF did what they had to do to keep it competitive. (their point of view) For me, there are proven ways to combat this to then have the opponent change their game plan and UCONN needs to think about methods to make that change, in game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
really disappointed that Gabby and Lou had to log so many minutes...glad that MW got court time but ironically she took minutes from Napheesa and Z, not Gabby and Lou......Geno feels badly for playing the starters too much...as far as I know Kyla was available for a few minutes and I assume her practices were acceptable, they have been so far this year..yes you can call me an arm chair quarterback but you have to admit I've been consistent in my criticism.....
I am guessing that Geno didn't use Kyla earlier because of the full court pressure UCF was using. I don't think that she would have been very helpful in dealing with that. But it's just an opinion and I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Perfect game plan? By watching someone dribble around for 26 seconds then hoist up a desperation shot just keeps you losing by 20 instead of 40. What are you teaching your team to dribble around to limit your opponent's possessions, tough to watch

UCF knew that the only chance they had to beat UConn was to drag the game down into the mud and turn it into a rock fight. Kind of like the vintage Philly Flyers of the 70’s.

Reaction Score
Excuse? No, it’s the reason. Gabby, Kia, and Lou are playing long minutes with nagging injuries yet people seem to feel that they should just ignore the pain and soldier on so the fans aren’t upset the win is less than 40points.

By the way these are KIDS playing a GAME. Some of you people are acting like they’re on the wall at Guantanamo and should be prepared to sacrifice their all for the greater good. Find some perspective, wouldja?
It's somewhat demeaning to call them kids. They are young adults, women not girls.

Reaction Score
I am guessing that Geno didn't use Kyla earlier because of the full court pressure UCF was using. I don't think that she would have been very helpful in dealing with that. But it's just an opinion and I could be wrong.
You are 100% correct. Just a really bad match up for her.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's somewhat demeaning to call them kids. They are young adults, women not girls.
Demeaning??? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so knock yourself out. Kids will be kids. Or maybe we should call them guys because that's what Geno calls them, unless that would be considered sexist. Head bang

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

54F8281F-3D2D-4EEC-ADEF-1AB14453D45B.jpeg

Reaction Score

You could be right but if there isn't one player that he can bring in off the bench to deal with that pressure from UCF what's going to happen in the big tournament if there are injuries or foul trouble?

Reaction Score
Demeaning??? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so knock yourself out. Kids will be kids.
Just admit you are wrong and move on. It happens. They are considered adults every where on the planet except on this board. If they commit a crime, they are tried as adults - just the same as you.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You could be right but if there isn't one player that he can bring in off the bench to deal with that pressure from UCF what's going to happen in the big tournament if there are injuries or foul trouble?
That's why they practice?

Reaction Score
Kind of, but nowhere near as dirty. The Flyers and the Oakland Raiders were masters at that kind of game. UCF are amateurs. They were physical, but not over the top.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Just admit you are wrong and move on. It happens. They are considered adults every where on the planet except on this board. If they commit a crime, they are tried as adults - just the same as you.
Wrong in your opinion, not mine. So move along, nothing to see here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kids is a colloquialism.

“We had stretches where we played really, really well and we had stretches where we didn’t play well at all,” UConn head coach Geno Auriemma said. “Some kids from Cincinnati made a lot of shots that they don’t normally make.”

Women’s Basketball: UConn defeats Cincinnati in Part II of rivalry weekend

“Our players thrive in this environment, it is why they come to Connecticut,” Auriemma said. “I don’t think anybody can come into the game expecting in the second quarter we are going to shoot 61 percent and hold them to eight (points), I don’t think anybody expects that, but that is what happens, you get on a roll, our kids are pretty good at making plays. They have grown up a lot. I wasn’t sure we had this in us. We have grown up a lot, we have matured a little bit since a month ago.”

UConn women continue to thrive away from home

Reaction Score
That's why they practice?

one would think but the Coach isn't impressed enough to play them so the starters pay the price............and though it may not always be noticeable they are feeling it every day.................

Centerstream

Reaction Score
one would think but the Coach isn't impressed enough to play them so the starters pay the price..and though it may not always be noticeable they are feeling it every day.......
I agree but I am of the opinion that Kyla would not have performed well in this game situation, that's all.

Reaction Score
Demeaning??? Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so knock yourself out. Kids will be kids. Or maybe we should call them guys because that's what Geno calls them, unless that would be considered sexist. Head bang
Yeah, well, that is pretty close to the definition of demeaning, calling adults kids. Got that, Sonny.

Reaction Score
one would think but the Coach isn't impressed enough to play them so the starters pay the price..and though it may not always be noticeable they are feeling it every day.......
Seems like the assistant coaches need to do a better job recruiting and get players who can develope and be used in the games. Hopefully the freshmen stay on campus over the summer and work on their games, get stronger, and get in better shape. Chrystal saw the light during the off season between her freshmen and sophomore season. They have to be willing to put in the work.

Reaction Score
You did not use it as a colloquialism. You said, these are kids. You made a definitive statement. If we are using kids as a colloquialism, your original complaint makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Seems like the assistant coaches need to do a better job recruiting and get players who can develope and be used in the games. Hopefully the freshmen stay on campus over the summer and work on their games, get stronger, and get in better shape. Chrystal saw the light during the off season between her freshmen and sophomore season. They have to be willing to put in the work.
Yeah they do stay on campus for the summer sessions. Hopefully we get a bunch of sophomore leaps because we're going to really need this class next year with Kia and Gabby moving on.

Reaction Score
As mentioned earlier, pressure would likely not been as effective if Crystal is in the game; game would have "looked better" if we had shot better. Not a pretty game but that's the style UCF wants to play; they want the score to be in the 50's. The UCF style reminds me of the old UConn-Rutgers match-ups. All things observed over the course of the season thus far, I'm more surprised with the number of layups that are missed; I don't know if we miss more than the other teams, but it seems like it.....

Reaction Score

He is not wrong. People who feel like they have to even bring it up on a sports forum is wrong. There are more serious things in life and I would bet you that the players can give 2 hoots....

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You did not use it as a colloquialism. You said, these are kids. You made a definitive statement. If we are using kids as a colloquialism, your original complaint makes no sense.
Did you get my point in that post? Or were you too busy looking for a way to harp on some trivial detail.

These game threads are getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom