UCF vs. UConn — Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UCF vs. UConn — Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dreadful 4th Q. I wonder what Geno's comments will be - if he's unhappy with the team, or is more "meh" about the whole 2nd half.

You can see how tired Kia and Lou were at the end. The physical play may have then affected them mentally a bit towards the end.

Geno said it, he felt sorry for starters since he felt he could not leverage bench.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Physical game and no one appears to have been injured. Road wins are good even when they are not pretty. Hope Crystal Dangerfield is ready to go next time. She makes it go much more smoothly. Go Huskies!:D

Reaction Score
So if we are held, slapped and pushed around by a good team we lose? Surely there is a well tried remedy for this situation.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How about you play 40 minutes of basketball against a team that’s determined to hold, slap, and push you around. See how peppy you’d be at the end of the game.

Some of you posters are unbelievable.
Gee, I thought most of them/us are all knowing :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How about you play 40 minutes of basketball against a team that’s determined to hold, slap, and push you around. See how peppy you’d be at the end of the game.

Some of you posters are unbelievable.

That's the excuse for getting outscored by 7 in a half by UCF?

It's a blueprint for throwing UConn off its game, that's for sure.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So if we are held, slapped and pushed around by a good team we lose? Surely there is a well tried remedy for this situation.

Louisville will no doubt try it. It worked for them once against Baylor. Refs have to show up.

Reaction Score
UCF had the perfect game plan against UConn. You want to be really really physical against UConn. I have no problem with the way UCF played.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's the excuse for getting outscored by 7 in a half by UCF?

It's a blueprint for throwing UConn off its game, that's for sure.
Excuse? No, it’s the reason. Gabby, Kia, and Lou are playing long minutes with nagging injuries yet people seem to feel that they should just ignore the pain and soldier on so the fans aren’t upset the win is less than 40points.

By the way these are KIDS playing a GAME. Some of you people are acting like they’re on the wall at Guantanamo and should be prepared to sacrifice their all for the greater good. Find some perspective, wouldja?

Reaction Score
The Huskies lost tonight?
No, but they have to learn to win and look good in the process against different defenses, if that's how you want to qualify what UCF threw at the tonight. Anyone hear of bounce passes or ball fakes? Nothing like a clean hip into an opponent to send a message that you're not going to take it and often times that team will start to heed the message and back off.

Reaction Score
Excuse? No, it’s the reason. Gabby, Kia, and Lou are playing long minutes with nagging injuries yet people seem to feel that they should just ignore that.

By the way these are KIDS playing a GAME. Some of you people are acting like they’re on the wall at Guantanamo and should be prepared to sacrifice their all for the greater good. Find some perspective, wouldja?
Don't know if I'd call them kids since all of the starters are 21 except for Lou who won't turn 21 for a few more months, and Kia is 22 in a couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
We are a really spoiled fan base,lol We did win by 18!
Our starters played an outstanding defensive game , but were really thrown off by UCFs defense. Kia wont go 0-4, that often.
Hard to expect the bench based, on erratic playing time to do much better, and they didnt.
Those of us who cry for more playing time for his bench in the 60 point blow outs, scratch out heads when Geno states that his starters get tired.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Our starters played an outstanding defensive game , but were really thrown off by UCFs defense. Kia wont go 0-4, that often.
Hard to expect the bench based, on erratic playing time to do much better, and they didnt.
Those of us who cry for more playing time for his bench in the 60 point blow outs, scratch out heads when Geno states that his starters get tired.
I think he was talking about just this game, both Kia and Lou played 37+ minutes and they were the ball handlers due to Crystal Dangerfield being out.

Reaction Score
Geno: without Crystal we’re not the same team. Too many people playing a lot of minutes, felt bad for the starters. We get tired because we don’t have enough bodies.

hmmmmmmm.........I think I've heard that somewhere before............

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Don't know if I'd call them kids since all of the starters are 21 except for Lou who won't turn 21 for a few more months, and Kia is 22 in a couple of weeks.
Are you kidding me? Of course they are kids and IMO will remain kids until they graduate. I was in the US Navy when I was 21, 22 and was still considered a kid cause I acted like one.

Reaction Score

My opinion is that many folks that have an issue with the game is that they feel there is a weakness that can be exploited by a more talented team that plays as aggressive.... i.e. MSST

I see this as another training exercise. Some good and some bad. More importantly this is a growing opportunity that we as fans want this team to experience but then over react to it.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Aside from Megan and Z the bench doesn't play much because they're not very good, especially against teams that play decent defense. They've proven that.

People here like to overreact. It's a game. UCF plays crazed and UConn has allowed it to get inside their heads a little bit. Oh well. They need to respond better next time. Fretting here doesn't accomplish much.

Reaction Score
UCF had the perfect game plan against UConn. You want to be really really physical against UConn. I have no problem with the way UCF played.
Perfect game plan? By watching someone dribble around for 26 seconds then hoist up a desperation shot just keeps you losing by 20 instead of 40. What are you teaching your team to dribble around to limit your opponent's possessions, tough to watch

Reaction Score
Louisville will no doubt try it. It worked for them once against Baylor. Refs have to show up.

You are so right. So Louisville was destroyed by UConn in the 2013 final, and we were deprived of a UConn vs. Baylor final, which might have been the game of the century.

Reaction Score
really disappointed that Gabby and Lou had to log so many minutes.............glad that MW got court time but ironically she took minutes from Napheesa and Z, not Gabby and Lou...........Geno feels badly for playing the starters too much.............as far as I know Kyla was available for a few minutes and I assume her practices were acceptable, they have been so far this year............yes you can call me an arm chair quarterback but you have to admit I've been consistent in my criticism..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom