U17 USA vs Czech Rep 8:15 AM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U17 USA vs Czech Rep 8:15 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get to see DeCosta play a lot. She will have games like this every now and then, but most of the time she can finish with contact. She was just plain off in this game ( probably as off as I have ever seen her). Yet she can still positively impact a game even if she is shooting poorly via hustle, defense and her rebounding.-----------As far as I know she has not committed yet to anyone. It was one team mate of hers that recently committed to Cal.

Reaction Score
Brunelle got 11 few seconds and Prince didn't get off the pine. Just a reminder, DeCosta, like most of her teammates, just finished her sophomore year of high school. I know when we watch the games, it's inevitable that we compare it with our memories of watching the UConn women play.
Remember, last year's UConn seniors had the benefit of 6 more years of playing than the U17 team has and 4 of those years's were under Geno's guidance. There's a lot of room for improvement given that much time.

Reaction Score
What5 is up with Sedona Prince?

Prince and Brunelle both seem to be out of the rotation for the time being..........not sure if it's a quickness/mobility matchup issue.............Prohaska is getting more minutes then I would have anticipated but she looks pretty solid for a younger player

Reaction Score
Brunelle got 11 few seconds and Prince didn't get off the pine. Just a reminder, DeCosta, like most of her teammates, just finished her sophomore year of high school. I know when we watch the games, it's inevitable that we compare it with our memories of watching the UConn women play.
Remember, last year's UConn seniors had the benefit of 6 more years of playing than the U17 team has and 4 of those years's were under Geno's guidance. There's a lot of room for improvement given that much time.

You are so right about that................I'll will attempt to keep my criticism to a dull roar............

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's so hard to watch anything other than UConn basketball. it just looks so sloppy. I'm trying to figure out what the plan is on offense and I don't believe there is one lol. Did DeCosta verbal somewhere?

The opponents clearly have a better more sophisticated offense. USA defense is decent at the guard spot, not to good with the forwards and centers. They look a bit slow afoot.
After watching UCONN's efficiency it is hard to watch even the WNBA and I rarely watch the NBA. UCONN has spoiled me. It is basketball the way it is supposed to be played, imo.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After watching UCONN's efficiency it is hard to watch even the WNBA and I rarely watch the NBA. UCONN has spoiled me. It is basketball the way it is supposed to be played, imo.
I agree with you guys. When UConn is on their A games, which was most of the past few years, they are the best basketball show around, more efficient than the WNBA teams, though the talent gap is a factor. In terms of watching the WNBA, the teams with the best coaches and most UConn players are the most fun to watch, irrespective of my UConn bias. I think that Reeve, Agler, Thibault, and White are good coaches. I watched some of the Atlanta game a couple of days ago--Angel is amazing, but forces 4-5 shots per game. I'd like to see her play smarter. Effort, passing, and shot selection are the hallmark of Geno's former players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nelson-Ododa may be a poor FT shooter at the moment but she has major upside.

Apparently, her Twitter feed is being "followed" by Chris Dailey. Can anyone with an account confirm this?

Reaction Score
Must be a hoot for some to critique high school sophomores/juniors.

This isn't a rec league.....these are the best basketball players in the world in their age group.........they are constantly being judged by college recruiters and observers alike.........gotta have thick skin to play at this level........that doesn't mean that there is room for personal attacks.......just pointing out areas that need to be improved upon to reach the next level of development

Reaction Score
Nelson-Ododa may be a poor FT shooter at the moment but she has major upside.

Apparently, her Twitter feed is being "followed" by Chris Dailey. Can anyone with an account confirm this?

Yes that is true...............so are coaches from Louisville, Maryland, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Florida State, TCU and Harvard among others.......................

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I was comparing them to the team they were playing. It would be just plain dumb to compare them to college players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yes that is true.....so are coaches from Louisville, Maryland, Kentucky, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Florida State, TCU and Harvard among others........

Thanks. No doubt she'll be in demand, but perhaps this signals UConn interest.

Reaction Score
Thanks. No doubt she'll be in demand, but perhaps this signals UConn interest.

Absolutely.........interestingly N-O isn't doing too much college following of her own right now.....when the player and the coach start following each other then we know there is at least some mutual interest, in this case it hasn't happened but I think N-O is a little preoccupied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom