U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 24 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
I'm not 100% sure whether Texas being left out was inadvertent or factual.............if CW is no longer considering Texas, I really doubt that the reason was MW's future signing with TX...............Texas would never tell Williams that MW was coming and frankly they would be stupid to not want CW too, even if that was the case.................I remain convinced that Williams is still a UConn lean but she's not leaning like the "Tower" the way she was a year ago..................I'm sure that Lexi Gordon, CW's Texas United AAU team mate will do all she can to point CW in the right direction............way up North.............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm not 100% sure whether Texas being left out was inadvertent or factual..

It specifically says she's down to 7 schools and names them. I find it hard to believe she forgot to tell the writer about Texas if she were still considering them.

Reaction Score
It specifically says she's down to 7 schools and names them. I find it hard to believe she forgot to tell the writer about Texas if she were still considering them.

You're most likely right but some of these sports "writers" are not always the most accurate at reporting the whole story............is he just listing the schools that she had listed originally or did she repeat the list minus Texas to him?.................you would think that Texas might come up, being the "hot" recruiting school the days...............do you really think CW was given a heads up about MW signing with Texas? Anything is possible these days I suppose..................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You're most likely right but some of these sports "writers" are not always the most accurate at reporting the whole story..is he just listing the schools that she had listed originally or did she repeat the list minus Texas to him?.......you would think that Texas might come up, being the "hot" recruiting school the days.....do you really think CW was given a heads up about MW signing with Texas? Anything is possible these days I suppose...

He put the article out on twitter and she responded with a thanks which leads me to believe she read it. He thanked her in return for sitting down with him. I think the info is new and likely accurate.

As for Texas, no idea. Just thought it was interesting. Perhaps just coincidental.

Reaction Score
He put the article out on twitter and she responded with a thanks which leads me to believe she read it. He thanked her in return for sitting down with him. I think the info is new and likely accurate.

As for Texas, no idea. Just thought it was interesting. Perhaps just coincidental.

We will likely never know the true story.................as with most stories, probably better that way

Reaction Score
I guess no room at the Inn for "local kid" JC and UConn

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 4h4 hours ago
WBB: Janai Crooms, 5-9 PG, St. Andrew’s School (RI-2018), ranked #32 by espnW, counted 4 Big Ten schools among her home visits in September.

CtyqbCVXgAAYfUI.jpg

0 retweets2 likes

Reaction Score
I've been on an my own "unofficial" college recruiting trip with my daughter for the past 36 hours.......
if Raul prints it I have to assume it is correct

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 12h12 hours ago
WBB: Christyn Williams (AR-2018) down to 7 schools (dropping Texas): Ark, Baylor, UConn, ND, S. Car., Tenn, UCLA

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I've been on an my own "unofficial" college recruiting trip with my daughter for the past 36 hours..
if Raul prints it I have to assume it is correct

Raoul cited the same article I linked. It's from an Arkansas recruiting reporter.

Reaction Score
You're most likely right but some of these sports "writers" are not always the most accurate at reporting the whole story..is he just listing the schools that she had listed originally or did she repeat the list minus Texas to him?.......you would think that Texas might come up, being the "hot" recruiting school the days.....do you really think CW was given a heads up about MW signing with Texas? Anything is possible these days I suppose...

Are you saying:; Journalists writing in American media don't fact check?? They check, recheck then have those facts review by the editors and then and only then are they printed. I SAW THAT IN A MOVIE, THAT'S HOW THEY DID IT==and you know everything in the movies, like the internet, must be the truth!!

Reaction Score
Williams has eliminated Texas from her list. Hmmmm.

Down to 7 now.

Central Arkansas Christian junior guard Christyn Williams, the most heralded girls basketball recruit the state has ever produced, is down to seven schools, including Arkansas.

Williams, 5-11, also lists UCLA, Connecticut, Notre Dame, Baylor, South Carolina and Tennessee among her top schools.

"I've made relationships with the coaching staffs and they all have the same qualities, like family atmosphere and easy to talk to," said Williams, who has 27 scholarship offers. "The head coaches, they all treat me with respect. They all have good qualities and I'm going to have a really hard decision from the seven schools because it's going to come down to the little things."

Longtime Arkansas Democrat-Gazette high school basketball editor Tim Cooper said he believes Williams is the best player the state has produced.

"Williams plays basketball on a different level," said Cooper, who has covered high school basketball since 1993. "Her decision making is what impresses me the most. You can't relax on defense for even a second because she's that quick to take advantage of any mistake. If there's a weakness in her game, I don't see it."

Williams talked about some of "the little things" that could make a difference in her decision.

"Like the freshmen, do they stay in dorms or apartments and how far away is the school?" Williams said. "Is is too close to home. Stuff like that."

Top programs circling CAC's Williams

Does she live in/near Conway or Toad Suck, Ark?? (yes a real town). Central seems to say that area. The reason I ask is ;
U ark is not close by (not too close to home?). How far from home does she feel comfortable with??

Reaction Score
Toad Suck is an area, not an incorporated town. There used to be a ferry there. It ran across the Arkansas River between Faulkner and Perry Counties. I used to live in the Perry County side. So my mailing address was Bigelow. If I'd lived in the Faulkner County area of Toad Suck my mailing address would have been Conway. Do you or have you lived there or near? As you wrote, Fayetteville, AR is three hours away from there. I think Chrystin lives in Little Rock or a suburb of Little Rock.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I guess no room at the Inn for "local kid" JC and UConn

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 4h4 hours ago
WBB: Janai Crooms, 5-9 PG, St. Andrew’s School (RI-2018), ranked #32 by espnW, counted 4 Big Ten schools among her home visits in September.

CtyqbCVXgAAYfUI.jpg

0 retweets2 likes

These are just her fall visits, UCONN could still be visiting in the spring... some schools visit in the spring. South Carolina visited a few prospects in the fall but we typically hit the home visit circuit heavy during the spring recruiting period.

Reaction Score
These are just her fall visits, UCONN could still be visiting in the spring... some schools visit in the spring. South Carolina visited a few prospects in the fall but we typically hit the home visit circuit heavy during the spring recruiting period.

I have no idea what level of interest there is between the two but highly ranked players from New England are such a rarity that she needs to be shown some LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I have no idea what level of interest there is between the two but highly ranked players from New England are such a rarity that she needs to be shown some LOVE!!!!!!!!!
Agree. I hope she's invited to first night. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Updated finalists for 2017 WBB prospects (w/espnW rankings) —dropped 2 commits —added Carter, Wells, Wilson —changed Westbrook, J. Williams

Ct7r8yaUEAAHFEy.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Raoul‏@Raoul_000
Updated finalists for 2017 WBB prospects (w/espnW rankings) —dropped 2 commits —added Carter, Wells, Wilson —changed Westbrook, J. Williams

Ct7r8yaUEAAHFEy.jpg
Thanks Charlie (& Raoul):

In the case of Ms. Westbrook, one of the schools no longer on this list is South Carolina. Does this mean -- one might presume -- that EW's planned trip to South Carolina is not on anymore? Any of our friends/contributors from SC hear anything on this?

If so, pretty sure that's it with her official visits (OV). ND might -- or might not, given the way things are no going -- get news on both W's at some point. Time for a pressure-reducing form of exercise Head bang

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks Charlie (& Raoul):

In the case of Ms. Westbrook, one of the schools no longer on this list is South Carolina. Does this mean -- one might presume -- that EW's planned trip to South Carolina is not on anymore? Any of our friends/contributors from SC hear anything on this?

If so, pretty sure that's it with her official visits (OV). ND might -- or might not, given the way things are no going -- get news on both W's at some point. Time for a pressure-reducing form of exercise Head bang

I haven't heard anything. I talked to her a mom a week ago via twitter and she said that Evina will be taking all of her visits, including to SC.

The planned visit for Evina was supposed to be this weekend but there's currently a category 4 hurricane bearing down towards the Southeastern U.S. coast that's expected to be hanging out off the coast of anywhere between Georgia and North Carolina by Saturday.. there are talks of cancelling the football game in Columbia, which is about 100 miles inland. Pretty serious weather situation going on.

If she cancelled her visit to SC then that could have something to do with it.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything. I talked to her a mom a week ago via twitter and she said that Evina will be taking all of her visits, including to SC.

The planned visit for Evina was supposed to be this weekend but there's currently a category 4 hurricane bearing down towards the Southeastern U.S. coast that's expected to be hanging out off the coast of anywhere between Georgia and North Carolina by Saturday.. there are talks of cancelling the football game in Columbia, which is about 100 miles inland. Pretty serious weather situation going on.

If she cancelled her visit to SC then that could have something to do with it.

Geeeeez........you guys have your priorities all wrong...................BASKETBALL - hurricane :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom