Tyus Battle decommits from Michigan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyus Battle decommits from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really? They're a top 15 program with a hall of fame coach, they're in an elite conference, and they are up near the top of the attendance leaders every season. Not to mention the school is pretty good. I know we like to talk trash about them but they've been a really good program for awhile.

There's nothing wrong with irrationally hating Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Could potentially be huge for us in the Alterique Gilbert sweepstakes. If I remember correctly they had been recruiting him as a big point guard in the past.

Also, with the scholarship restrictions it's very hard to have a classes of 3 back to back or 4. They have 4 recruits in last years class and already have 1 in 2016.

Looking at the numbers they have 5 players who will likely be around from the current roster when the 2016's are freshman + 4 2015 recruits + 2 2016 recruits (counting Battle = 11. I believe they only have 10 scholarships available so they would already be over.

Likely means if Battle commits to Syracuse the Gilbert recruitment, as it stands now, will be UConn vs. Louisvile.

I think it pretty much is already UConn vs. Louisville.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The power of Laurie Fine compels him!!

Damn that Laurie Fine. She must be real good.

14604119-standard.jpg
Yikes. It's a good thing that Senor rode off into the sunset. After seeing that this might be all that was left of him:
th

Reaction Score
Syracuse's punishment did not hurt them much.

When you're not banned, kids aren't much afraid.

Do not report bad APR figures, ever. Fudge them if you have to.
Not comparing situations, but their punishment will hurt them. They did lose out on Thomas Bryant in 2015, and will impact them in other classes too, case in point:

Reaction Score
I've always been confused about how Cuse is able to snag so much top talent. They play zone exclusively, always choke in the tourney, rarely turn out good pros, and their winters are 100 times worse than Storrs.
If they fill that stadium (almost 50k) at all home games, that's impressive to any teenager. That is one check mark, ACC-two, HOF coach-three. Also its not like they are irrelavant each season, its just towards the end they disappear. The real question is why do recruits want to play primarily zone defense schemes.

Carrier%20Dome%20basketball.jpg

Reaction Score
Cuse recruiting elite talent, going on a tear to start the season, and then flaming out in the tourney has been a college basketball tradition for the three decades I have been watching. The predictability of this cycle to everyone who isn't busy digging out of blizzards in north bumblefwak NY is what makes it so darn special. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If they fill that stadium (almost 50k) at all home games, that's impressive to any teenager. That is one check mark, ACC-two, HOF coach-three. Also its not like they are irrelavant each season, its just towards the end they disappear. The real question is why do recruits want to play primarily zone defense schemes.

Carrier%20Dome%20basketball.jpg

The track record of producing NBA players sucks, but I remember being there in Spring 1990 for an Eric Clapton concert and the place was eclectic. It is easy to see how a teenager could be persuaded (especially those who are easily persuaded).

Reaction Score
They have had recent NBA success with Waiters , Carter-Williams and Grant. All not 4 yr players.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
How can you fully commit to something, then it all changes a month later? I just don't understand college basketball recruiting- just super sketchy. If I were a talented high school basketball player, I would thoroughly go through my options before committing. Especially if I have a year and half to do so.

Reaction Score
When I was 18 if I went on a recruiting trip and you threw a set a twins at me, told me I'd start and you'd send me to the NBA to make millions in a year or two, I would've jumped all over it. Then changed my mind after the next set of twins.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
The track record of producing NBA players sucks, but I remember being there in Spring 1990 for an Eric Clapton concert and the place was eclectic. It is easy to see how a teenager could be persuaded (especially those who are easily persuaded).

I was at that show too - my sophomore year of college (an hour away). Only guy in my group with four college women. It was downhill from there for me, male-female ratio-wise.

Also went to the dome to see Smitty's team lose to Lawrence Moten's something like 84-81, which was a frustrating L. It was the year after Cuse's 2-15 loss to Richmond, so on the walk/drive out, I started singing made up Richmond fight songs ("Hail To The Spiders - Only 15 To Ever Win" and other such drunken blather). Perhaps that wasn't the smartest thing I ever did.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Don't blame the kid. The father is running the show. He(father) has loved Syracuse for years and was very high on Michigan a year ago. Not sure what happened with Michigan, if he comes here great, if he goes to Cuse, good luck

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When I was 18 if I went on a recruiting trip and you threw a set a twins at me, told me I'd start and you'd send me to the NBA to make millions in a year or two, I would've jumped all over it. Then changed my mind after the next set of twins.

I'd take that deal now!

Reaction Score
There is a ton of baggage with him. Went to like 5 high schools. Family is extremely involved. (Talk of other boards)

Reaction Score
Unlikely in that UConn isn't really interested because they think his old man is a lot of heavy lifting? Or has there not been much interest from the other side?

Seems like the old man is running the show and Battle wants to play PG. Boeheim's retirement is near and he damn well is going to give a kid with Battle's talent whatever he wants.

Reaction Score
Unlikely in that UConn isn't really interested because they think his old man is a lot of heavy lifting? Or has there not been much interest from the other side?

Seems like the old man is running the show and Battle wants to play PG. Boeheim's retirement is near and he damn well is going to give a kid with Battle's talent whatever he wants.
smells like panic to me. that program is a hot mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom