Tyus Battle decommits from Michigan | The Boneyard

Tyus Battle decommits from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

says he's reopening recruitment, visiting Syracuse for some god forsaken reason.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
We were in his final list, right? I'd love to land this kid, esp after losing on King.

Reaction Score
Why the Syracuse love? Aren't they being suspended?

Seems we should be able to get our strong message across to him about NBA wings, and history of player development and success.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Seriously, Cuse?? Why even pretend to punish them?! UConn got a WAY worse punishment for a rule change RETROACTIVELY and 'Cuse gets off and still gets top recruits. So dumb. NCAA is soo corrupt it makes me sick.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Interesting that he's also leaving his prep school? Maybe someone involved in the program benefited and steered him to UM, he got wind and didn't appreciate it?

Reaction Score
Interesting that he's also leaving his prep school? Maybe someone involved in the program benefited and steered him to UM, he got wind and didn't appreciate it?
or the opposite, more likely scenario:
someone with deep pockets and deep ties to Syracuse got to his old man and will steer him to the "appropriate" prep school and then Syracuse. nothing honest is going on here.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I know we all really want Syracuse to be dead and buried, and maybe by rights they should be, but Boeheim isn't sticking around an extra few years to go 18-14 every year. There will be no stops not pulled out. And I'm not implying anything sketchy here, just don't expect them to go quietly.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We shouldn't judge

But what a dumb____.

Reaction Score
I know we all really want Syracuse to be dead and buried, and maybe by rights they should be, but Boeheim isn't sticking around an extra few years to go 18-14 every year. There will be no stops not pulled out. And I'm not implying anything sketchy here, just don't expect them to go quietly.
Cuse and Boeheim wont go quietly your right. They might start 26-0 this time.

Reaction Score
Battle was their #1 target for the class. I wouldn't be surprised if they've continued to check in on him even after his sudden commitment.

Reaction Score
I've said the scholarship reduction is harsh but def not worse than being banned and all the experts on twitter disagreed. They just need to recruit top players and hopefully most stick around a few years and they will be fine. All Syracuse fans I know, including my brother who lives or dies Cuse, were so happy they didnt get banned from Post Season.

NCAA infractions committee is a joke.

Reaction Score
I've always been confused about how Cuse is able to snag so much top talent. They play zone exclusively, always choke in the tourney, rarely turn out good pros, and their winters are 100 times worse than Storrs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

says he's reopening recruitment, visiting Syracuse for some god forsaken reason.

Drugs, illegal payoffs and academic fraud, perhaps? Oh wait, they'd stopped doing that...supposedly.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The power of Laurie Fine compels him!!

Damn that Laurie Fine. She must be real good.

14604119-standard.jpg

Reaction Score
Could potentially be huge for us in the Alterique Gilbert sweepstakes. If I remember correctly they had been recruiting him as a big point guard in the past.

Also, with the scholarship restrictions it's very hard to have a classes of 3 back to back or 4. They have 4 recruits in last years class and already have 1 in 2016.

Looking at the numbers they have 5 players who will likely be around from the current roster when the 2016's are freshman + 4 2015 recruits + 2 2016 recruits (counting Battle = 11. I believe they only have 10 scholarships available so they would already be over.

Likely means if Battle commits to Syracuse the Gilbert recruitment, as it stands now, will be UConn vs. Louisvile.

Reaction Score
I've always been confused about how Cuse is able to snag so much top talent. They play zone exclusively, always choke in the tourney, rarely turn out good pros, and their winters are 100 times worse than Storrs.

Really? They're a top 15 program with a hall of fame coach, they're in an elite conference, and they are up near the top of the attendance leaders every season. Not to mention the school is pretty good. I know we like to talk trash about them but they've been a really good program for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom