Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I defend this kid over and over and over on here. I really can't anymore. Suspend him ....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Drunk driving, on 195, while unlicensed.....(while on double secret probation, no less)...

OK...

First off, the kid needs a drivers ed class, stat. Gotta be worth one or two credits, anyway.

Second off, how do you teach a college kid that it is time to smarten up?

Whatever department teaches that? Yeah, he needs that course, too.

Reaction Score
If he was on any other team and they let him slide, I'd be bashing them for it. So it's only right that I agree with the "Don't let the door hit you" contingent when it's one of our players.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't care who a person is or how much they may be important to a given organization. When you drive drunk, you're not just gambling on yourself, you're gambling on the lives of other people as well. I wish TO the best, but I also wish to see him take his lumps for this one. This one goes far beyond just BMOC high jinks. Yes, I know college kids get drunk but they don't get a pass to drive afterward. He's lucky he didn't hurt himself (physically) or anyone else.

Reaction Score
So you have no license and yet borrow car to drive. And you are lit up to boot. Kid has a problem that needs to be addressed, playing basketball is not a priority. To me, much more dangerous than grabbing your girlfriends hair. See what UConn response is.

Reaction Score
So you have no license and yet borrow car to drive. And you are lit up to boot. Kid has a problem that needs to be addressed, playing basketball is not a priority. To me, much more dangerous than grabbing your girlfriends hair. See what UConn response is.

It's much more dangerous, but that doesn't mean the punishment is more severe. When another student is the victim of a violent act, the university has a responsibility to act. Whereas driving drunk can kill someone, punishment for DUI at the university level is not the same. For this reason you see students with DUIs continue to play.

Reaction Score
Off the team. Kid needs to re-evaluate his life. He's a senior and you think he would have learned from his first screw up. Kids sense of self entitlement is off the charts. Obviously the team isn't important to him. We need the body inside but at this point he's not even worth it. Wish we could have Wolf back. Something tells me he wouldn't have screwed up again.

Reaction Score
Didn't know what he did, sounFlorida this might be the last of Tyler. I'm sorry I didn't think he should be kicked off the team for rapping and getting arrested for going to the wrong hotel at Spring Break.

Maybe you should have learned the facts before calling me stupid. And the Florida arrest wasn't for going to the wrong hotel, it was for being confrontational with police after being asked to leave. Big difference. Olander was the team Captain and should have led by example.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather get hit by Wolf than a 3,000 pound vehicle. Get rid of him and give his scholarship to a walk-on.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wow.....just wow!!

I hope the kid figures it out in life more than I hope he plays. The pattern just isn't good but if he can be saved and make it work out his last year I hope he does for his sake!! This wouldn't even be reported at Syracuse.......and many other schools!! Let it play out

That last line bothers me...this kid put other people in danger; this isn't him getting caught with a little bit of weed. A slap on the wrist will not suffice here. Hoping he gets at least the first semester on suspension, but I'd be willing to bet if Wolf got his scholly taken away, Tyler's punishment will be at least that harsh.

Reaction Score
KO will probably keep him out for 10 games but if we were deep at center I'm pretty sure he'd be gone. Should he get this 3rd chance? No.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather get hit by Wolf than a 3,000 pound vehicle. Get rid of him and give his scholarship to a walk-on.

Still, you don't hit a woman, just like you don't drink and drive. I think Wolfe was a better player, and would have liked to have him on this team, but nobody got hurt by Olander. Someone got hurt by Wolfe.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Steve Emt. Antric Klaiber. If you're reading this TO, I suggest you do a search for these 2 guys online.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kid needs help.

He has a proven track record of poor choices regarding alcohol.

Remove him from the team, get him counseling, follow up with a treatment plan, get him a degree, get him off campus and wipe the university's hands clean of him.

I'll go a step further and say he's devoted more to his drinking than he has to UConn basketball. There's a reason why his body shape, conditioning and on court performance has stagnated. And it's booze at a minimum.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should have learned the facts before calling me stupid. And the Florida arrest wasn't for going to the wrong hotel, it was for being confrontational with police after being asked to leave. Big difference. Olander was the team Captain and should have led by example.
I was calling you stupid for
For the third time I'll explain it to you. I asked if you are really that stupid in reference to you saying that this incident, the rap video and the arrest at spring break mean Olander has to be kicked off the team. At the time we both posted it wasn't known that this arrest was for a DUI. I think it's incredibly stupid that you think him doing a stupid little rap with his buddies is a strike against him and should be part of the reason he gets kicked off the team.

Reaction Score
Kid needs help.

He has a proven track record of poor choices regarding alcohol.

Remove him from the team, get him counseling, follow up with a treatment plan, get him a degree, get him off campus and wipe the university's hands clean of him.

I'll go a step further and say he's devoted more to his drinking than he has to UConn basketball. There's a reason why his body shape, conditioning and on court performance has stagnated. And it's booze at a minimum.
You are making a big leap there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He always looks hungover on the court...makes sense.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Its his first DUI. He will get a chance to clear his record under most circumstances. Its a misdemeanor. Doesn't merit a semester suspension if he cooperates with the courts.

Reaction Score
You are making a big leap there.

He's making a huge leap, as are most in this thread. The kid deserves a significant suspension for getting into this position after what happened last spring, no question. I think first semester is a solid bet.

But beyond that, TO hasn't been convicted of anything, we have very little information, and we need to let this play out.

The hanging judges wouldn't be nearly so prevalent around here if he'd averaged 15 PPG last year.

Reaction Score
A lot of holier than though in this thread. We all know drinking and driving is bad but I guarantee some of the people casting stones have driven under the influence at one point in their lives. Let's wait a bit until we hear more and hear from Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom