Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tyler was never going to start this year but we need him for frontcourt depth. Message to Tyler, quit acting stupid.

There have been ZERO games between his spring break arrest and this. His response to embarrassing the program and losing his captaincy was to keep acting like a knucklehead? It's not THAT hard to stay out of trouble, especially if you're coming off an embarrassing arrest/freestyle video. Just rehab your foot, go to class, and stay out of trouble.

If that's too hard for this kid, maybe what I've heard about him being an entitled brat is true. In any event, my take is who care about front court depth, peace out Tyler.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
There have been ZERO games between his spring break arrest and this. His response to embarrassing the program and losing his captaincy was to keep acting like a knucklehead? It's not THAT hard to stay out of trouble, especially if you're coming off an embarrassing arrest/freestyle video. Just rehab your foot, go to class, and stay out of trouble.

If that's too hard for this kid, maybe what I've heard about him being an entitled brat is true. In any event, my take is who care about front court depth, peace out Tyler.

Agreed! How hard is it to stay out of trouble? Honestly?! Even if it's some minor issue, there's no excuse.

I never had any issues with the UConn police in my 4 years there and I did plenty of things I shouldn't have. This kid is an athlete and has much more to lose than I did.

Ok, he messed up once. Lose your captaincy, get banned from team activities for a month. Then you see a teammate lose his scholarship after a dumb @ss act and more police involvement.

So in the SAME OFFSEASON, while rehabbing an injury, he messes up AGAIN!? I don't care if its driving a car without buckling his seatbelt... DON'T GET IN TROUBLE! How hard can it be!? The kid has to be an idiot to let something like this happen after the past few months.

Reaction Score
Agreed! How hard is it to stay out of trouble? Honestly?! Even if it's some minor issue, there's no excuse.

I never had any issues with the UConn police in my 4 years there and I did plenty of things I shouldn't have. This kid is an athlete and has much more to lose than I did.

Ok, he messed up once. Lose your captaincy, get banned from team activities for a month. Then you see a teammate lose his scholarship after a dumb @ss act and more police involvement.

So in the SAME OFFSEASON, while rehabbing an injury, he messes up AGAIN!? I don't care if its driving a car without buckling his seatbelt... DON'T GET IN TROUBLE! How hard can it be!? The kid has to be an idiot to let something like this happen after the past few months.

Perfectly put. KO doesn't deserve this BS.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately for some people (actually a lot of people) its not that easy. While there is no excuse it still happens all to often. We all know someone who can't stay out of trouble.

Not justifying but happens, and wanted people who say its easy to know that it ain't easy for some. Weird how many smart people do stupid all too often.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That rap video should have had his scholly revoked. He is a championship ring wearer so I have a little empathy for him but I won't miss the big galoot. He wasn't going to play much if his production curve kept going in the same direction.

Reaction Score
Heres what he did:
@NeillOstrout: UConn F Tyler Olander was arrested Saturday night and faces 3 charges, most serious being DUI.
@NeillOstrout: Olander also charged with operating an unregistered vehicle and operating a vehicle in violation of license classification.

Reaction Score
Heres what he did:
@NeillOstrout: UConn F Tyler Olander was arrested Saturday night and faces 3 charges, most serious being DUI.
@NeillOstrout: Olander also charged with operating an unregistered vehicle and operating a vehicle in violation of license classification.

Superjohn says it's all a misunderstanding. The car was drunk, not Tyler.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Heres what he did:
Red_Forman_you_dumb_ass.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Depending on the matchup, I like this a lot. Slide DeAndre to the 5 and go to battle with Shabazz, Boat, Omar, and Giffey.

We need him like it or not. Our starting center is in Detroit, dating a Nickelodian startlet. DeAndre struggles to stay upright in a stiff breeze, we need bulk up front.

Can't believe the kid was so stupid. Just drink at Ted's damnit, so you can stumble home.

Reaction Score
Obviously the kid has a drinking problem. Hope he gets help before something more serious happens. If the spring break issues didn't send up a red flag (to him) hopefully this will.

Reaction Score
Basketball player driving drunk on 195...

Doesn't get much dumber than that.

Reaction Score
Superjohn says it's all a misunderstanding. The car was drunk, not Tyler.
Didn't know what he did, sounds like this might be the last of Tyler. I'm sorry I didn't think he should be kicked off the team for rapping and getting arrested for going to the wrong hotel at Spring Break.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this was North Carolina then the NCAA would say TO was acting like the normal North Carolina student.

Kid needs counseling. Driving drunk is dangerous.

This forum lines up with the world regarding moral behavior. From cutting off an arm on the first offense to offering help to change their ways. Funny thing is someone throws chemical weapons and kills hundreds in a matter of hours and we should mind our own business, but some kid acts irresponsibly and he should be thrown off the team because he's an embarrassment. Kind of reminds me of Hermione in Harry Potter who said we could have gotten killed or worse suspended.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Even if he hadn't gotten himself in trouble before, a DUI alone is serious enough to warrant a lengthy suspension. More seriously, he burned his get-out-of-jail-free card on Spring Break.

Doofus.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your contributions to the 2011 title, Tyler. See ya never.

Reaction Score
If this were weed or some vague "disorderly conduct", as a second offense it would be bad, but not horrible, maybe sit out until second semester, whatever.

DUI is a serious offense. He should be kicked off the team.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
The big question, for me, is the "...operating a vehicle in violation of license classification."

What was he doing? Driving a snow plow?

lol. I'm going with golf cart.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Heres what he did:

I've seen that combination of charges before. Sounds like he was riding a dirtbike down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom