Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Olander suspended for violating team rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Not good for him or UConn.

Having been involved in a couple incidents since the end of the last season, doesn't make it likely
in seeing him play in his senior season. We could have used him in any role, with our frontcourt depth situation.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't know what he did, sounds like this might be the last of Tyler. I'm sorry I didn't think he should be kicked off the team for rapping and getting arrested for going to the wrong hotel at Spring Break.
Agreed. He should have gotten the kicked out of him for the rapping, but not kicked off the team.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
If this were weed ......it would be bad, but not horrible......DUI is a serious offense. He should be kicked off the team.

NO one gets kicked off a team for DUI. Look up Trey Ziegler and many others. Usually a one game suspension for Misdemeanor DWI. Likely stiffer as a second code violation as its accompanied by other charges.

C

Chief00

Wolfe was the better option both on and off the court. Nolan is now the man.

Reaction Score
So, let me get this straight: 6 months after Tyler gets arrested on spring break (and, even worse, makes his rap debut), he's getting pulled over in Storrs for a DUI?

I pretty much always give guys the benefit of the doubt, but he's just not a smart dude. Hopefully we've seen him play his last game in a UConn uni.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The big question, for me, is the "...operating a vehicle in violation of license classification."

What was he doing? Driving a snow plow?

Motorcycle perhaps?

Reaction Score
The big question, for me, is the "...operating a vehicle in violation of license classification."

What was he doing? Driving a snow plow?
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/09/tyler-olander-suspended-by-uconn.html

According to the state police in Tolland, Olander was pulled over on Rte. 195 on Saturday at 10:49 p.m. He failed a field sobriety test and was charged with operating under the influence, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operation of a motor vehicle in violation of license classification.

The latter charge, according to a source, stems from Olander not having a driver's license at all. Not a suspended license or a misplaced license -- no license at all. Olander was driving a friend's car.

What 20 year old kid in Connecticut knows how to drive but never gets his license? Strange.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Kid's an idiot...but I don't think he get booted (I believe we've had past players with DUI's - I'm thinking Antric Klaiber but not 100% -- sorry Tric if it wasn't you). Since it's his second brush with the law, I say the harshest penalty is 1st semester suspension.

Thoughts?

U

UCONNfan1

Dumb decision on his part. I agree with the posters who said not only should he know better, but he SHOULD be aware that Ollie has a close to zero tolerance policy and while he's young and wants to "play", he's at school on a free ride for his basketball skills.

If he's booted from the team, he will lose his scholly and pay for college on his own. It's not like he was going to get a NBA contract, or even play over seas, so a college degree is a must have for him.

Just a really bad decision and very disappointing for his teammates as well as the fans. I have no doubt his team was relying on his as well this season. He let them down big time.

Reaction Score
Take his scholly and give it back the the Wolf! We played musical scholarships once before i.e. Drummond & Bradley...

Reaction Score
Very disappointing. I thought he was going to surprise people this year. If the DUI is true, I wouldn't be opposed to him losing his scholarship or being kicked off the team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very disappointing. I thought he was going to surprise people this year. If the DUI is true, I wouldn't be opposed to him losing his scholarship or being kicked off the team.
I agree. Whatever was done here in the past or is/was done at other schools is not the issue here now. The Ft. Lauderdale stuff was stupid but understandable (well, except the rap, which was inexcusable). For him to even sniff this kind of serious trouble again so soon means KO has got to send an unequivocal message to the team and the world imo. We have enough perception problems without creating more.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Heres what he did:
@NeillOstrout: UConn F Tyler Olander was arrested Saturday night and faces 3 charges, most serious being DUI.
@NeillOstrout: Olander also charged with operating an unregistered vehicle and operating a vehicle in violation of license classification.
I don't see this as a career ender but I wonder if Ollie pulls his scholly. It's instate tuition so it's not as bad as Wolfe.

Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/09/tyler-olander-suspended-by-uconn.html

According to the state police in Tolland, Olander was pulled over on Rte. 195 on Saturday at 10:49 p.m. He failed a field sobriety test and was charged with operating under the influence, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and operation of a motor vehicle in violation of license classification.

The latter charge, according to a source, stems from Olander not having a driver's license at all. Not a suspended license or a misplaced license -- no license at all. Olander was driving a friend's car.

What 20 year old kid in Connecticut knows how to drive but never gets his license? Strange.

A pretty big number of them

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Now there bringIng up murder charges on TO!

HE KILLED THE RAP GAME!

Reaction Score
Wow.....just wow!!

I hope the kid figures it out in life more than I hope he plays. The pattern just isn't good but if he can be saved and make it work out his last year I hope he does for his sake!! This wouldn't even be reported at Syracuse.......and many other schools!! Let it play out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom