Two Years Ago Tomorrow... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two Years Ago Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OK. So you are on record for saying that the board was right and Edsall should have been fired on Oct 24, 2010?

Who else has the balls to admit they thought that?

PS: Being a diehard fan means you don't make conditions. Unless you are a girl. A nine year old girl. Are you?

That opinion was not even close to being shared by as many as today.

Reaction Score
Remember in that L-Ville game we had started Box(his first start) who then got knocked out and Frazer came in late and looked like he was throwing with more confidence. I think our specials sucked that game but the D didn't give up. We were pissed but I didn't think that the end was near that's why I went to the WVU game hoping for an upset. In beating WVU as it turned out we beat the co-champ that night. I don't have that view about any remaining game this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So if I get the jist, because UConn rebounded a few years ago they have a chance to do so this year? If only.

The fact is UConn doesn't fire coaches. Coaches last a long time at UConn. There hasn't been a unanimity of negative opinion towards a coach at UConn since Perno. We were right then, we're right now.

Reaction Score
So, do we fire a coach after every bad loss?

Thats just ridiculous. This has never been about A loss.

Its about 2 losing seasons (out of 2), and a trajectory leading directly into the toilet. Its about ineptitude that i never expected to see here at Connecticut. Not using timeouts when thats pretty much the only decision, an OC/OL coach who has killed all hope of a positive offensive output week-to-week. And, most recently, a team who quit on its coaches against one of our biggest conference rivals.

Ridiculous

Reaction Score
Can I channel my inner Rick Pitino and say Randy Edsall isn't walking through that door. Hell Bill Parcells couldn't even turn this team around

Reaction Score
Hell Bill Parcells couldn't even turn this team around

I disagree. I think we have a fair amount of good- very good players here. I think ANY coach worth anything could win with this group.

Unfortunately, we don't have a coach worth anything

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Bill Parcells would get this team playing well in four days. Give him a month and we could be something very good.

Reaction Score
For what its worth, I think almost all of the rational posters on here want to keep PP until the final game...so he WILL have his chance to try to match Edsall's feat. I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that he pulls it off, but he'll have his chance.

Pretty sure most of us screaming to fire PP still mean to do it after the season. It's just logical.

Agree 100% on the diehard comment...The diehards are the ones who get it the worst in this crap, because we still have to watch every minute of every game and read every bit of coverage...

Reaction Score
Blue Whale - So, if you are quitting on the team and aren't a "diehard", why are you still here?

When a die hard fan is witnessing the leader (Head Coach) hurting the production of his favorite team, then that die hard fan will react... if he/she does not react to the coaches destroying his team then he isn't a die hard fan. So again no one is quitting on the team "sdhusky" quitting on the coaches, yes!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
When a die hard fan is witnessing the leader (Head Coach) hurting the production of his favorite team, then that die hard fan will react... if he/she does not react to the coaches destroying his team then he isn't a die hard fan. So again no one is quitting on the team "sdhusky" quitting on the coaches, yes!

Ok. Are you really this dumb?

You are getting in my face and being all confrontational to what?

Agree with me???

Reaction Score

Agree with me???

I'm dumb? Lol First you state: "Who said anything about quitting on the coaches or the players. Seriously, try reading what I wrote. Really."

Then I call you out on it when you clearly said this: "Blue Whale - So, if you are quitting on the team and aren't a "diehard", why are you still here?" Again, you clearly did, and I'm dumb??? Lol Wow! My reason for being confrontational sdhusky is the simple fact that you call die hard fans (like me and other's) non die hard fans for quitting on a team, which are false statements (if you would like for me to call that out to I will). He's clearly said coach, and again, there's a difference! Calling BY's 9 year old girls for stating facts about the program is not cool...

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
OK. So you are on record for saying that the board was right and Edsall should have been fired on Oct 24, 2010?

Who else has the balls to admit they thought that?

PS: Being a diehard fan means you don't make conditions. Unless you are a girl. A nine year old girl. Are you?

Edsall or not makes no difference to me. Watching games, win or lose, that are exciting would continue to grow the fan base. As good a defense as the team has (or started the season with) - The offense is what will capture the casual fan. Win or lose.
I don't need UConn football. UConn football needs me and the other thousands just like me who are currently on the wrong side of the fence for the past two seasons. Whatever my age or gender; conditions or not.
1- Run a clean program
2- Have players that are fun to root for and are good citizens and students
3- Play exciting games
4- Win more than you lose

Reaction Score

Agree with me???

That's great that you of all people are pointing out that someone else is getting in your face and being confrontational.

So, anyways. I thought about what you are trying to say here, and I have decided that it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I really had no love for Edsall, but when we went on tear in 2010, it was really Edsallesque. He had developed a track record of winning. So your little assertion holds no water.

As UConn's coach, Pasqualoni doesn't have much of a record. What exists isn't pretty and doesn't inspire confidence. This year's team is supposed to be better than last year's but they are just as bad and probably performing worse.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah. Losing to Temple, Rutgers and last years worst BE team is MUCH DIFFERENT than losing to Temple, Rutgers and last years worst BE team.

Cute. Notice how you skip losing to Michigan over losing to directional Michigan, and ignore my point about coming off of a bowl appearance/win. You also ignore that 2008 BE <<<<<<< 2012 BE, but it's the same conference, right?

Answer honestly - Would P be feeling any of this if we happened to win a bowl game last year? Again, the 2 seasons are not that equivalent.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
in a vacuum, maybe... But his whole line is about comparing 2010 to 2012, and the reaction.

Reaction Score
Oct 23, 2010

After losing its first BE to Rutgers and having already lost OOC to Temple, we went to UofL and got blown out 26-0.

0-2 in the BE.

I remember feeling helpless.

This board was on fire. Calling for Edsall head. Saying he sucked, wouldn't win another game. etc.

Alot like this board.

Of course, 2 and half months later, the board got its wish wish, some of us enjoyed watching the Fiesta Bowl and others were happy that Edsall was gone (because he couldn't win the BE, if I remember).

You do realize they are now 0-3 in Big East??? Completely different situation with 50% more losses.

Reaction Score
The question is moot. He got a pass for last year. This year he showed that last year was not a fluke.

Unfortunately, I disagree. He is showing that last year was indeed a fluke. He just hadn't had enough time yet to detrain all of the players from having learned the right way to do things under Edsall so that they'd go from 5-7 (3-4) to something worse.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
You do realize they are now 0-3 in Big East??? Completely different situation with 50% more losses.

To be clear, I'm not predicting a turn around.

Just suggesting that this board's bipolar nature isn't always right.

Its funny, I haven't seen one poster admit they wanted Edsall gone after than loss.

Somebody must have hacked into all their boneyard accounts and posted for them that day.

Reaction Score

Its funny, I haven't seen one poster admit they wanted Edsall gone after than loss.

Somebody must have hacked into all their boneyard accounts and posted for them that day.

Would it make you happy if I lied and said I wanted Edsall gone after that loss? Because if it would make you happy ....

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Would it make you happy if I lied and said I wanted Edsall gone after that loss? Because if it would make you happy ....

Are you suggesting nobody wanted Edsall gone after the loss to UofL? And if anybody admitted to it, it would be lying?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Then what is your point? Because the board's "bipolar nature" isn't wrong on this one.

Reaction Score

I wanted Edsall gone after the Rutgers game that year when he refused to blitz their Freshmen QB and he lit us up for 300 yards, plus it had become apparent that he would leave as soon as a better offer came his way which didn't help recruiting.

Edsall has made it clear since he has been at Maryland that he never thought he could win big here because of recruiting limitations so I remain convinced we are better off without him, we just need to find the right guy, it obviously isn't P.

Adazzio has stated that his goal is to turn Temple into Boise East. I want a coach who brings that mission statement to the UCONN football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom