Two Years Ago Tomorrow... | The Boneyard

Two Years Ago Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Oct 23, 2010

After losing its first BE to Rutgers and having already lost OOC to Temple, we went to UofL and got blown out 26-0.

0-2 in the BE.

I remember feeling helpless.

This board was on fire. Calling for Edsall head. Saying he sucked, wouldn't win another game. etc.

Alot like this board.

Of course, 2 and half months later, the board got its wish wish, some of us enjoyed watching the Fiesta Bowl and others were happy that Edsall was gone (because he couldn't win the BE, if I remember).

Reaction Score
We saw what happened with Grob at cuse (still not fully recovered), and Krag at Lville (5 wasted years), among many others (florida, michigan, tennessee, miami, etc...
Im not willing to just wait and see.
With almost every coach, you can see within this amount of time (nearly 2 seasons), what direction things are going. Its pretty obvious where things are going for us with PP and GDL.

I understand that you disagree, but would you really take the chance that we could go through our own "Grob years" ???

I just can't.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
We saw what happened with Grob at cuse (still not fully recovered), and Krag at Lville (5 wasted years), among many others (florida, michigan, tennessee, miami, etc...
Im not willing to just wait and see.
With almost every coach, you can see within this amount of time (nearly 2 seasons), what direction things are going. Its pretty obvious where things are going for us with PP and GDL.

I understand that you disagree, but would you really take the chance that we could go through our own "Grob years" ???

I just can't.

So, do we fire a coach after every bad loss?

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
So, do we fire a coach after every bad loss?

No! You fire a coach who is sucking the lifeblood of a program out week by week. - I'm on the record as a fan that wants to become a die hard. Really wants to. The way this team plays is horrid. The way that they lose is more horrid. The way that they are coached is most horrid. Give me an exciting loss, give me a team that is outmatched but dropping every trick in the book. Give me 50 or guys who are leaving it all on the field.
What I see is 2 yards and a cloud of dust followed by 2 yards, followed by a crappy third down followed by a punt. What I see form the coaching staff is the same old crap that has yet to work and then hear them mumble about execution or learning curves or what have you. Have we seen any "in game" adjustments? How about clock management? What about the ability to utilize a time out or two?
Fire 'em after a bad game - Hell no! - Fire them after 20 or so bad games - Yes.....

Reaction Score
We also had a workhorse RB and what should have been an NFL kicker, take those 2 now with the rest of this team and we have 2 more wins right now at least.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
We also had a workhorse RB and what should have been an NFL kicker, take those 2 now with the rest of this team and we have 2 more wins right now at least.
But if any coach can negate their talents, it's GD. And we would have run out of time due to TO preservation by PP against Pitt/WVU/USF, so we are actually worse off by far. F em.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
But if any coach can negate their talents, it's GD. And we would have run out of time due to TO preservation by PP against Pitt/WVU/USF, so we are actually worse off by far. F em.

Did you just quote yourself?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
No! You fire a coach who is sucking the lifeblood of a program out week by week. - I'm on the record as a fan that wants to become a die hard. Really wants to.

OK. So you are on record for saying that the board was right and Edsall should have been fired on Oct 24, 2010?

Who else has the balls to admit they thought that?

PS: Being a diehard fan means you don't make conditions. Unless you are a girl. A nine year old girl. Are you?

Reaction Score
OK. So you are on record for saying that the board was right and Edsall should have been fired on Oct 24, 2010?

Who else has the balls to admit they thought that?

PS: Being a diehard fan means you don't make conditions. Unless you are a girl. A nine year old girl. Are you?
Ok Sandusky, call me a nine year old girl because it is blatantly obvious to everyone except you and Dez that these two geriatrics are not the answer. At least Edsall knew how to use a timeout and make adjustments. What's that second half stat with these guys?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Apples and oranges. That team was borderline top-25 to start the year, and was an underachiever to start the year. We were also coming off essentially an SEC home bowl win as an underdog.

There really hasn't been much hope, barring maybe the Maryland win, for all of P's tenure.

Are you on the record as saying we're going to win out? That's a more ballsy call...

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Ok Sandusky, call me a nine year old girl because it is blatantly obvious to everyone except you and Dez that these two geriatrics are not the answer. At least Edsall knew how to use a timeout and make adjustments. What's that second half stat with these guys?

Blue Whale - So, if you are quitting on the team and aren't a "diehard", why are you still here?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Coach P has an odd resemblence to Sandusky. Separated at birth, perhaps.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Apples and oranges. That team was borderline top-25 to start the year, and was an underachiever to start the year. We were also coming off essentially an SEC home bowl win as an underdog.

There really hasn't been much hope, barring maybe the Maryland win, for all of P's tenure.

Are you on the record as saying we're going to win out? That's a more ballsy call...

Yeah. Losing to Temple, Rutgers and last years worst BE team is MUCH DIFFERENT than losing to Temple, Rutgers and last years worst BE team.

Reaction Score
BL was being a , he was just joking.

Right, BL?

No need to take it further. One, I am a . Duh. Second, anyone who participate on the internet needs to accept that subtle humor will often not come over and be lost.

Reaction Score
Blue Whale - So, if you are quitting on the team and aren't a "diehard", why are you still here?
I am not quitting on the team. I am quitting on listening to anyone like yourself or Dez who thinks these two coaches have any chance of turning this program around. How much longer do you consider giving these guys?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I am not quitting on the team. I am quitting on listening to anyone like yourself or Dez who thinks these two coaches have any chance of turning this program around. How much longer do you consider giving these guys?

Then try reading what I wrote. "Being a diehard fan means you don't make conditions. Unless you are a girl. A nine year old girl."

If someone wants to stop being a UCONN fan over PP coaching, that's up to them. But if they do, they lose the right to call themselves a "diehard" fan.

Unless they are a nine year old girl.

Reaction Score

There is a difference between quiting on a team and quiting on the coaches! And what's obvious here is that the coaches hasn't shown much of an improvement since they started. Last season we went 5-7 and this year we're looking at a 3-9 record. Do u see any improvement? Or do u see something most BY's are not? Do you see this team heading in the right direction? Do u see this team having an identity? Maybe ur enjoying the team losing like PP. to me it sounds like ur crying like a little 9 year old girl complaing about us speaking the obvious. I feel 1.6 years is enough..

PS- if u don't like the fact that us fans of the team not the coaches are discussing the obvious then why are u still here? I believe we can discuss what we please in these discussion boards.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
There is a difference between quiting on a team and quiting on the coaches! And what's obvious here is that the coaches hasn't shown much of an improvement since they started. Last season we went 5-7 and this year we're looking at a 3-9 record. Do u see any improvement? Or do u see something most BY's are not? Do you see this team heading in the right direction? Do u see this team having an identity? Maybe ur enjoying the team losing like PP. to me it sounds like ur crying like a little 9 year old girl complaing about us speaking the obvious. I feel 1.6 years is enough..

PS- if u don't like the fact that us fans of the team not the coaches are discussing the obvious then why are u still here? I believe we can discuss what we please in these discussion boards.

Who said anything about quitting on the coaches or the players. Seriously, try reading what I wrote. Really.

I'll break it down for you. Make it simple so you can understand it.

It was about the phrase "diehard fan".

A "diehard fan" is a fan no matter what. If he think the coaches suck. If he has given up on the coaches. The players. He stays a fan. Most of the people on here complaining the loudest are "die hard" fans. I know they will be here even if we lose every game the rest of this season or next. Even if they think Edsall was GOD and PP worst than GROB. They can't help it. They are "diehard fans"

A "casual fan" has conditions. If the team isn't winning, they aren't fans. If the team isn't "exciting" enough, they aren't fans. If someone STOPS BEING A UCONN FAN because of they despise PP, think he sucks, they aren't "diehard fans".

Most "diehard fans" hate their coach at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom