Twitter Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Twitter Post Game Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

Reaction Score
At the under-12 TO, I caught myself silently rooting for Xavier to make a basket.
In a Big East game!
Yeah, I know, mea culpa.
But…

Who are these guys?

Reaction Score
Really huge to see Solo playing well again. He’s been in a funk since Castle took his spot. We need this version of Solo and a solid Stewart, because our depth can just Destroy teams.
Yes. Solo was impressive and we need that from our bench to be better than elite. If our bench can come in and play with some confidence, it makes a big difference.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Definitely.
Well, it was a supposedly guy eating edibles. It was in reference to Temery‘s comment, so it made sense at the time.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I didn't see Ben Gordon but was wondering if he was there. Glad he was!
They showed Ben sitting with Emeka. He’s got a little grey in his beard. Happy he was there. On another note they showed JC with I think Ted Taigen. I was invited to UConn to do a career day back in the early 2000s. Ted gave me a tour of Gampel great guy!

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the game at XL today. A lot to like about this dominant performance. Clingan looked really good on offensive end-light on his feet. On defense he just wreaks havoc in the paint. The shots he alters and/or affects is really impressive.

Was great to see the second unit getting some run and having Solo get his confidence back on his outside shot.

Don't know if it was captured on TV or not but as the halftime celebration broke up and guys were returning to their seats. I noticed JC and Ben G with their arms around each other's shoulders having a private conversation. Could tell it was meaningful to both of them and they were both pretty emotional. JC always had Ben's back. Ben has been through a lot of stuff lately and it was good to see him back in town with his BB Family

Xavier is a decent team that's well-coached. Ran into a buzz saw today.
Yes, struck me as well, "LIGHT ON HIS FEET"

Reaction Score
Interesting that in a game they scored 99 points only 2 guys went to the line. And 1 of those 2 was 1-1.

Miller's teams aren't the type to give us issues. In games where it's a rock fight with 20+ fouls, we're going to struggle more.

Castle is just so strong and brilliant at change of pace that he'll get to the line regardless. It seems like some big hits him at full speed and he doesn't move an inch.

Reaction Score
I Love CBB (and UConn of course) but am basically unschooled about the nuts and bolts of offensive play aside from the pick and roll. So a question:
Would it be disruptive of the overall offensive scheme (or just plain dumb) if they started running two or three plays per game designed to get Clingan an open three? I’m asking, not only because he looks like he can knock them down, but, if he started hitting them with some consistency it would boost his draft value significantly. Just wondering…

Reaction Score
Basketball may not have a statistical perfect game like baseball, but I’ll be damned if that wasn’t about a perfect game.
It's more like a perfect passer rating. You don't have to throw every pass for a touchdown, but once you're completing/gaining/scoring at a high enough clip, it might as well be perfect.

Reaction Score
One of the best games we've ever played. If healthy these guys have a chance to be our best team ever.

NBA scouts at the game drooling over Clingan, Castle too.
It is insane that we lose 3 NBA players (a little generous with Sanogo, but go with it) and come back a better team. Just an incredible piece of program (re-)building by Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom