Twitter Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Twitter Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
One word describes what caused this destruction: intimidation.

And we can fill in the rest of the story and who the main culprit was.

Reaction Score
Perdue had a 50 pt win at home early in the season. It'll just take one team to play their best game of the season to beat UConn on a bad day.
Exactly, which is why I wish we could put this performance in a bottle to use for other games. Hurley and staff will have to humble these guys the next 2 days before their game against Providence.

Reaction Score
Perdue had a 50 pt win at home early in the season. It'll just take one team to play their best game of the season to beat UConn on a bad day.
Against who?

And the statement wasn’t regarding whether we can lose or whether Purdue is good. It was are they as good as we are. And they eye test say’s unequivocally that they aren’t. Especially when we may have the one answer there is for Edey in the country.

Out of the top 5 players on both teams they probably have #1 in Edey. Buy 2-5 are all UConn. And the gap between 1-2 isn’t large. Give me Hurley over Painter as well

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Spencer with 5 points
Karaban with 8 points
Twelve shots between them. And still a blow out.

Hurley said they were working on getting plays for Donovan. And they certainly were working on developing Stephon. Plus getting depth development. Definitely a game that displayed this effort. Just WOW!

Reaction Score
This is the first game all season we had a fully healthy and fully conditioned roster. Not that they'll be this dominant against everyone else but it is a sign of what could happen in long spurts the rest of the season...

Today showed the extra time to prepare this week was like giving Brady and Belichek extra time to prepare for an opponent - Xavier had no chance today.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are. Clingan can slow down Edey and we're better everywhere else.
Agree. Purdue looked real good in a game I watched. Edey was alright but
I don't think they are. Clingan can slow down Edey and we're better everywhere else.
agreed. I’ve seen 3 or 4 Purdue games and only in one of them did I think they looked unbeatable on that day. Loyer and one other guy couldn’t miss 3s and Edey was good but not dominate. They don’t have a quarter of our athleticism or defensive ability. If we stay healthy like the past couple games, we are better than anyone. I’ve watched NC, Kentucky and Duke struggle of late and Kansas lost again yesterday.

Reaction Score
And I didn't see one second of it... Stupid life. Is there typically a replay somewhere?

Reaction Score
Against who?

And the statement wasn’t regarding whether we can lose or whether Purdue is good. It was are they as good as we are. And they eye test say’s unequivocally that they aren’t. Especially when we may have the one answer there is for Edey in the country
It was actually against a decent team in Samford (89 KenPom, Xavier is 34). But I have no idea why he feels the need to throw cold water on anyone who says UConn is good

Reaction Score
Statement game. We get a week off before the Seton Hall game and I want more Xavier treatment.

Reaction Score
That doesn't mean they're on the same level as UConn. Of course they can beat us as can several other teams but on a neutral court it will take them playing their A game and UConn playing nowhere close to their A game.

This is all if both teams are healthy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If anyone is still confused why Clingan will be a lottery pick this year, you’re beyond help. Absolutely DOMINATED the paint defensively with his drop coverage. Showed his athleticism and pretty nice footwork on offense and even showed off a nice looking outside stroke.

He doesn't have a very flashy game, and has fewer 'play of the game' moments. He just does everything really well.

I used to be a tennis verifier. Drove me crazy meeting with other verifier and hear, "did you see that overhead?" Or "Did you see that serve?"

No. I just ask them for the score.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have a very flashy game, and has fewer 'play of the game' moments. He just does everything really well.

I used to be a tennis verifier. Drove me crazy meeting with other verifier and hear, "did you see that overhead?" Or "Did you see that serve?"

No. I just ask them for the score.
This. Nothing flashy about a guy settling for a contested mid range jumper instead of taking even a step into the paint.

Reaction Score
But our best is better than anyone else's best. Even at 17-2 and #1 in the country most here felt we hadn't clicked on all cylinders yet until today. The games highlight video will be almost as long the game itself

Reaction Score
And I didn't see one second of it... Stupid life. Is there typically a replay somewhere?
Go to YouTube and type UConn vs Xavier tonight. Usually the YouTube poster "The Draftmatic" posts replays of games without commercials. For example, I will watch the Villanova-Butler game from yesterday that went into 2OTs-I missed the game yesterday.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Against who?

And the statement wasn’t regarding whether we can lose or whether Purdue is good. It was are they as good as we are. And they eye test say’s unequivocally that they aren’t. Especially when we may have the one answer there is for Edey in the country.

Out of the top 5 players on both teams they probably have #1 in Edey. Buy 2-5 are all UConn. And the gap between 1-2 isn’t large. Give me Hurley over Painter as well

Trends matter. individual games are a treat to enjoy.

Reaction Score
We were +22 on assists. Only 2 players on Xavier had an assist. I’m not sure I’ve seen either of those things before.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Rewatching the game and I missed that one of the announcers said "Danny Hurley is not just a great coach, he's the best coach in the Big East".

I get that comment may seem to be a no brainer, but when you consider the top notch coaches in the BE including Pitino and SJU, that's a high compliment.

Reaction Score
You can’t play better basketball for 15 minutes than we did to start the game. There are really only two things that can stop us from winning the Big East. One is injuries and the other is being unable to sustain the level at which we started for most of the game when the need is there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom