Twitter and Big East Films | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Twitter and Big East Films

Reaction Score
I'm genuinely happy to see that we are equally disappointed that there will be no more BEF documentaries.

I mean it as no victory lap to say that I'm unsurprised by this news, and refer you to any of several comments & actions by Cooley pre- and post-game last Saturday for far better examples of "narcissistic douchery."

Ftr, I don't relish annoying fellow Boneyarders, but accept it as a relatively predictable price I pay for having too much time on my hands within the 'past one's best by' portion of "my one wild & precious life*;" not favoring when some (not all, not you) self-certain types overreach or 'punch down' within the MBB Forum; and having self-compassion that my default mode in a semi-anonymous forum seems to be garrulous rough drafts that are unlikely to benefit from the revisits & revisions that would enable me to consistently offer shinier polished turds. Without bottom-line self-mockery, I'd be as insufferable as those who Ignore me must feel, however much I regard myself as someone who is merely 'matching their questionable energy' and not hitting first but just walking through doors they keep opening.

At foundation, I'm a hopeless 6-decade Husky homer, seeking synergistic harmony & aligned interest toward highest actions & outcomes in right relationship between & among fans, players, coaches, and beyond. What a crock, eh? And sincerely true at the same time.

At its best, it looks & feels like yesterday's game.

Regarding "Divine Providence," all I really wanted to do was stanch my fellow Husky fans' 'leap before you look' hysteria borne of misbelief that the production was officially associated with the Big East, and not conceived & executed in nose-thumbing fun. I even softened to allow for myself being wrong about it being a one-off. I, like you, would have welcomed the full Big East Babylon 11-pack, even if it meant I'd have to endure however Blue Demon Degenerate would have chosen to portray the Huskies. Yikes.

This thread/your post tipped me to the point of actually logging into XFKATwitter so that I could read the full thread, savor the comments, and follow TheBDD.

Previously, I had refused or declined to log in to X ever since my first-ever Pixel phone failed a year ago, for the first of now two, "I've got a dead phone that needs contractually-warranted replacement" semi-nightmares. I'm glad I did so; the guy makes me laugh.

I liked last night watching Goodman & Dauster singing UConn's praises, and it saddens me that they seem to have weighed in as though they have a dog in the controversy. BDD called it by saying that Big East put the biggest foot down, and a DMCA-premised takedown request could like result in YouTube removing the video.

Wherever I might seem smug in my posture is grounded in my reading of BEF presentation as to the, "This is not serious"-ness of the enterprise, and the, "Yeah, well, WE take our IP rights seriously"-ness of the response by a variety of moneyed parties with perceived & real interests to protect.

* Credit to the estate of Mary Oliver
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Reaction Score
Just watched the video. Didn't really seem that bad? The kids implied some stuff and said some stuff pretty…sternly… but I don’t think Fanta did or said anything that is compromising or puts him in a bad light

I get the BE coming for copyright, blah blah blah annoying business stuff

I’m assuming there’s a reason there’s Field of 68 pushback. Maybe they see it as a potential threat to their sources trusting them (again I don’t think Fanta said anything wrong or bad but I also don’t know how the media industry works)

Goodman can say some silly things but Rob seems like a pretty reasonable guy and he’s not happy about it either. But obviously the Goodman DMs were not a good decision

All that said - the video was definitely long but it was good. Pretty interesting and high quality considering it came from a random fan and not an official studio. It was documentary style, not releasing any information that hasn’t already been in the world for nearly a year. I don’t understand the hysteria behind it

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Just watched the video. Didn't really seem that bad? The kids implied some stuff and said some stuff pretty…sternly… but I don’t think Fanta did or said anything that is compromising or puts him in a bad light

I get the BE coming for copyright, blah blah blah annoying business stuff

I’m assuming there’s a reason there’s Field of 68 pushback. Maybe they see it as a potential threat to their sources trusting them (again I don’t think Fanta said anything wrong or bad but I also don’t know how the media industry works)

Goodman can say some silly things but Rob seems like a pretty reasonable guy and he’s not happy about it either. But obviously the Goodman DMs were not a good decision

All that said - the video was definitely long but it was good. Pretty interesting and high quality considering it came from a random fan and not an official studio. It was documentary style, not releasing any information that hasn’t already been in the world for nearly a year. I don’t understand the hysteria behind it
I think the most damning thing was attaching Cooley’s affair, which has never been confirmed by a credible journalist, next to John Fanta who is that. I’m also not sure if he wanted that.

If they want to have access to Georgetown after that, good luck. Not sure how much that would mean currently but still.

Reaction Score
The best part of the fallout is Goodman’s threats clearly designed to get the movie taken down have ended up raising its profile exponentially. Barstool’s Dave Portnoy just tweeted the link to it after slamming Goodman for being a hack in going after this kid. Goodman is trending on X and half the comments are people asking where the movie is that started the whole thing.

His inability to shut his mouth and not be a clown has backfired in the most unbelievable way.

The Streisand Effect is real.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I stumbled upon this poop storm on X. My mind went to that Retirement thread, because this nonsense is everything that's wrong with working in front of a computer all day. Everybody seems to be over the top about everything. Nobody even stole these guys' rugs.
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Reaction Score
My guess is Fanta approached this like any normal person and was supportive of a popular BE Twitter account making a film. Also like most people, he probably didn't have time to watch it and gave his OK based on the assumption it wouldn't compare Cooley to Hitler and recklessly speculate about his marriage.

Now, as an employee of a Big East broadcasting partner, he's trying to figure out how to disassociate himself with the thing. And assuming there's evidence of him OKing the film, there really aren't a lot of good options for him right now. Sucks but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he loses his job.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t really see the threat at all. Just idiots messaging each other.

Reaction Score
My guess is Fanta approached this like any normal person and was supportive of a popular BE Twitter account making a film. Also like most people, he probably didn't have time to watch it and gave his OK based on the assumption it wouldn't compare Cooley to Hitler and recklessly speculate about his marriage.

Now, as an employee of a Big East broadcasting partner, he's trying to figure out how to disassociate himself with the thing. And assuming there's evidence of him OKing the film, there really aren't a lot of good options for him right now. Sucks but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he loses his job.
Good God, I hope Fanta doesn't lose his job over this. When you say lose his job are you talking about his play-by-play announcing for Fox Sports and/or Field of 68? In any case, I hope he doesn't lose either of those jobs. I always liked Fanta and you can see his enthusiasm for Big East basketball just bleeds through.

Reaction Score
Sucks but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he loses his job.
No way I see that happening, everyone loves Fanta. He didn't say anything remotely bad and even if he was sent a copy he can claim he didn't take it seriously because it was some fun internet thing made by a Big East fan and he didn't watch it all the way through.

If the Big East, Fox, the guys at Field of 68, Cooley or anyone else sues over this they'll look ridiculous. Everyone should just drop it and pretend it didn't happen.

Reaction Score
Jeff is a schmuck & a hack. He’s done enough clown stuff to where I wonder why anyone associates with him. Rob seems like a relatively decent guy. I think he’s on here somewhere, but he’s getting pulled into the “you are the company you keep” realm.

Film was good though. Still & always will love Fanta

Reaction Score
No way I see that happening, everyone loves Fanta. He didn't say anything remotely bad and even if he was sent a copy he can claim he didn't take it seriously because it was some fun internet thing made by a Big East fan and he didn't watch it all the way through.

If the Big East, Fox, the guys at Field of 68, Cooley or anyone else sues over this they'll look ridiculous. Everyone should just drop it and pretend it didn't happen.
This is true. Fanta was not in the last 20 minutes, or whatever it was, where the infidelity and personal talk was going on.

Reaction Score

It started as a fun internet thing. Then Portnoy called it to the attention of his 3 million followers and now all bets are off.

The Big East should probably swipe the video now before many more people watch.

Reaction Score
When you say lose his job are you talking about his play-by-play announcing for Fox Sports and/or Field of 68? In any case, I hope he doesn't lose either of those jobs.
I'm not too familiar with the Field of 68, but if Cooley is upset enough about it, Fanta is really the only person Fox or the Big East would have the power to punish.

Again, I don't think it's likely, especially seeing as Fanta seems to have a good relationship with Cooley. He doesn't say anything controversial himself, but the way it's presented makes it seem like he's anti-Cooley. The thing could get messy.

Reaction Score
I'm not too familiar with the Field of 68, but if Cooley is upset enough about it, Fanta is really the only person Fox or the Big East would have the power to punish.

Again, I don't think it's likely, especially seeing as Fanta seems to have a good relationship with Cooley. He doesn't say anything controversial himself, but the way it's presented makes it seem like he's anti-Cooley. The thing could get messy.
Cooley did a postgame 3-4 minute interview with Fanta so he couldn't have been that mad at him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom