Twitter and Big East Films

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Who won that this year?
How do you look in orange?

Happy Reno 911 GIF by Comedy Central

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
How do you look in orange?
Oh that's right, it was X, wasn't it.

Lol, apparently it still stings beaten by a "church league" school, am I right? Probably why the big 12 would only give you a 10% share, or whatever it is you got.

Reaction Score
I fast forwarded though most of it. The story could have easily be told in less than 30 minutes. Stretching it out just made less impactful. Truth be told, it's an old story, repeated many times, nothing all that unusual or earth shaking. The story is a cliche. Big ado about nothing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think if he hadn't used the Big East Films name, he would probably be ok here.

You can't just use the leagues name and accuse a member school of tampering with another member schools coach and then go on to have people talk rather definitively the coach cheated on his wife.

Even if all that is true - the Big East certainly doesn't want to be affiliated with the doc.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
sorry fellas. i simply could not allow that church league propaganda account to talk about the crosstown shootout.

sent my goons to take him out. see you in court blue demon degenerate!
This may be the first accurate thing that you've posted on this board, pointing out that Cincinnati basketball has goons.....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You mean the F68 wassss carrying Cooleys water back then? I thought they insisted that was ridiculous? Anyone willingly continuing to associate with Goodman is a clown.

CL82

Reaction Score
I think if he hadn't used the Big East Films name, he would probably be ok here.

You can't just use the leagues name and accuse a member school of tampering with another member schools coach and then go on to have people talk rather definitively the coach cheated on his wife.

Even if all that is true - the Big East certainly doesn't want to be affiliated with the doc.
I view it all as an intellectual property issue. The guy threw something together and it had a high enough profile that people noticed it and responded to it.

That said, Jeff Goodman never disappoints, does he?
IMG_1548.jpeg

angry liam neeson GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman and Dauster look like such losers coming out of this. Fanta should really distance himself from them.
What did Rob do?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I view it all as an intellectual property issue. The guy threw something together and it had a high enough profile that people noticed it and responded to it.

That said, Jeff Goodman never disappoints, does he?
View attachment 95790
angry liam neeson GIF

Totally bizarre behavior by Goodman.

CL82

Reaction Score
Totally bizarre behavior by Goodman.
He actually made some weird comment about tracking people down on field of 68 this weekend, I think. At the time I just thought "that's weird" but didn't think anything of it.

I'm not a huge fan of people playing Internet tough guy, but Jeff Goodman playing Internet tough guy?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman and Dauster look like such losers coming out of this. Fanta should really distance himself from them.
I sympathize with Fanta trying to grow his brand in a space where the old heads latch onto relevance for as long as possible.

But honestly, I critiqued Dauster for his association with Goodman awhile back, and I feel hypocritical not giving Fanta the same flack. They both know what he is, but they latched on anyways. Hopefully Fanta doesn’t double down, like Rob just did.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It appears the the Big East has, through threatened or actual legal action, had Big East Films shutdown. Obviously there was a bunch of issues with the production usage of the name and clips which they did not own, but it is still disappointing.

The next episode was on the Xavier/Cincy rivalry.

A DePaul fan was behind the thing, here is a link to his thread on it. Also, Jeff Goodman shows once again what a loser he is. Also, I know Dauster reads the Boneyard, religiously, not sure he is so upset it.

I'm genuinely happy to see that we are equally disappointed that there will be no more BEF documentaries.

I mean it as no victory lap to say that I'm unsurprised by this news, and refer you to any of several comments & actions by Cooley pre- and post-game last Saturday for far better examples of "narcissistic douchery."

Ftr, I don't relish annoying fellow Boneyarders, but accept it as a relatively predictable price I pay for having too much time on my hands within the 'past one's best by' portion of "my one wild & precious life*;" not favoring when some (not all, not you) self-certain types overreach or 'punch down' within the MBB Forum; and having self-compassion that my default mode in a semi-anonymous forum seems to be garrulous rough drafts that are unlikely to benefit from the revisits & revisions that would enable me to consistently offer shinier polished turds. Without bottom-line self-mockery, I'd be as insufferable as those who Ignore me must feel, however much I regard myself as someone who is merely 'matching their questionable energy' and not hitting first but just walking through doors they keep opening.

At foundation, I'm a hopeless 6-decade Husky homer, seeking synergistic harmony & aligned interest toward highest actions & outcomes in right relationship between & among fans, players, coaches, and beyond. What a crock, eh? And sincerely true at the same time.

At its best, it looks & feels like yesterday's game.

Regarding "Divine Providence," all I really wanted to do was stanch my fellow Husky fans' 'leap before you look' hysteria borne of misbelief that the production was officially associated with the Big East, and not conceived & executed in nose-thumbing fun. I even softened to allow for myself being wrong about it being a one-off. I, like you, would have welcomed the full Big East Babylon 11-pack, even if it meant I'd have to endure however Blue Demon Degenerate would have chosen to portray the Huskies. Yikes.

This thread/your post tipped me to the point of actually logging into XFKATwitter so that I could read the full thread, savor the comments, and follow TheBDD.

Previously, I had refused or declined to log in to X ever since my first-ever Pixel phone failed a year ago, for the first of now two, "I've got a dead phone that needs contractually-warranted replacement" semi-nightmares. I'm glad I did so; the guy makes me laugh.

I liked last night watching Goodman & Dauster singing UConn's praises, and it saddens me that they seem to have weighed in as though they have a dog in the controversy. BDD called it by saying that Big East put the biggest foot down, and a DMCA-premised takedown request could like result in YouTube removing the video.

Wherever I might seem smug in my posture is grounded in my reading of BEF presentation as to the, "This is not serious"-ness of the enterprise, and the, "Yeah, well, WE take our IP rights seriously"-ness of the response by a variety of moneyed parties with perceived & real interests to protect.

* Credit to the estate of Mary Oliver

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best part of the fallout is Goodman’s threats clearly designed to get the movie taken down have ended up raising its profile exponentially. Barstool’s Dave Portnoy just tweeted the link to it after slamming Goodman for being a hack in going after this kid. Goodman is trending on X and half the comments are people asking where the movie is that started the whole thing.

His inability to shut his mouth and not be a clown has backfired in the most unbelievable way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom