Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I hope this "culture" fix works. I know we have to give Hurley time...I'm trying to be patient....it's just hard to not at least be in the top 4 teams in the conference....I'm just asking to be a Bubble Team right now...

With what players do you see a bubble team?

Reaction Score
They were playing zone and he couldn't get anything against it, and then their zone got soft late and he took advantage and scored

He scored 11 of his point in the final 1:15 in garbage time.

But he will continue to be touted as the best player on the team and one of the best in the conference. I feel he is overrated.

Reaction Score
But one wonders. In the last ten minutes of the first half (when we lost the game) Whaley would have helped our defense. The D is so awful, why isn't he considered for minutes?

In the first seven minutes of the second half, when they scored at will. Well, you get the idea.

His D is EVEN WORSE than those other guys.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
you think Uconn at this rate will still be relevant (if we arent already) in 20 years? Our football team is a laughing stock.

We definitely won't be relevant if we are consigned to the NBE long-term.

Reaction Score
What bothers me is this was a team that UConn SHOULD have won, enough talent to handle this team.

Reaction Score
Literally what on earth makes people think this was a bubble team heading into this year?

You guys are either only watching UConn games or just that drunk on your own fandom.

I'm gonna be thrilled with 20 wins and an NIT appearance. Expecting anything else out of this group is just mind bending.

Reaction Score
Jalen would be a second team all American with a “standard “UConn team of physical stature. There were many issues with ko but this is MY biggest personal gripe. What we wouldn’t give for a selvie. Or Haynes. Or okwandu. Or Justin brown. Or Curtis Kelly. Or dan cyrulik. ..... any 6’9” or bigger 240 plus human.
lol.

Reaction Score
Literally what on earth makes people think this was a bubble team heading into this year?

You guys are either only watching UConn games or just that drunk on your own fandom.

I'm gonna be thrilled with 20 wins and an NIT appearance. Expecting anything else out of this group is just mind bending.
Most people on the board only really watch UConn games.

There is no way in hell we are getting 20 wins.

Reaction Score
I think this is the 3rd time Tarin Smith has made a terrible mental mistake during crunch time. Second time he fouled a 3 point shooter with the clock running out, and the blown lay up last game.

So much for senior experience. Play Brendon Adams...no need for Smith at all anymore.

Reaction Score

20 wins? Yeah, if we win the Conference tournament...which would get us into the Big Dance...to lose in the first round against Florida State or North Carolina State.

Reaction Score
Most people on the board only really watch UConn games.

There is no way in hell we are getting 20 wins.
I'll admit college wise I only watch UConn games. Other than UConn games I prefer watching the NBA.

Reaction Score
Ok so after revwatching the interaction of the coaches being tossed, here’s my take:

The referee who initially warned both coaches was pushed aside from the head official after 30 seconds. The head official issued the first techs, with the original ref nodding his head in agreement (ps he never took his whistle out of his mouth). Once Hurley made a move to shake hands, the original ref stepped in and T’d both coaches again.

It seems that the original ref was dead set on getting this thing handled his way. Not sure what was said that got him so pissed off, but he was ready to toss them from the get go

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stair I’m your age this crusade your on is confusing to me.

Don't you want UConn basketball to be playing college basketball at the highest level during the period of time in your life when your ability to afford good season tickets/traveling for the tourney be at its highest?

Even if the decision is made to sacrifice the next 20 years for the long-term future, the NBE is a mediocre league that people still look at as the same league UConn came of age in. Spoiler alert: it's not.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I hope this "culture" fix works. I know we have to give Hurley time...I'm trying to be patient....it's just hard to not at least be in the top 4 teams in the conference....I'm just asking to be a Bubble Team right now...

A bubble team? That's hilarious. We'd practically have to run the table and make it to at least the AAC title game, and even that might not be enough. With this Jekyll and Hyde team, you never know which team is showing up on any given night. A few more Hyde performances and we'll be lucky to squeak into the NIT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Imagine if the internet was a prevalent Calhoun's first year. Wouldn't it be fun to read the 1986-87 version of the boneyard to see what fans were saying about Calhoun during his 9-19 season?

I was enrolled at UConn. We went to games, cheered on the teams and packed the Field House. This kind of negativity didn’t exist. It was our team and our guys.

Modern “fans” are pathetic whiners. It’s embarrassing. The team played hard, if not smart tonight. They didn’t quit.

Reaction Score
Don't you want UConn basketball to be playing college basketball at the highest level during the period of time in your life when your ability to afford good season tickets/traveling for the tourney be at its highest?

Even if the decision is made to sacrifice the next 20 years for the long-term future, the NBE is a mediocre league that people still look at as the same league UConn came of age in. Spoiler alert: it's not.
UConn doesn't have another year to sacrifice let alone 20 years.

Reaction Score
Can we please just win the next two with a little bit of hope going into the UCF game? I want to at least have a little more excitement this year. Enough suffering.

Reaction Score
His D is EVEN WORSE than those other guys.
Could not be more wrong. Small sample size but the eye test backs the blurb below up (from The UConn Blog). He’s got a long wingspan and is quick off the floor.

In fact, he leads the team in Defensive Box Plus-Minus, a metric that measures a player’s defensive impact on the scoring margin. If that’s too mathematical for your tastes, there’s also Defensive Rating, which is simply a measure of how many points the opponent scores when a certain player is on the floor. Whaley also has the best number on the team in the latter stat. And if you’re suggesting that this is a result of small sample size and/or that Whaley has been primarily on the floor against bench units this season, it’s worth noting that his advanced stats were just as good last season.

Reaction Score
I was enrolled at UConn. We went to games, cheered on the teams and packed the Field House. This kind of negativity didn’t exist. It was our team and our guys.

Modern “fans” are pathetic whiners. It’s embarrassing. The team played hard, if not smart tonight. They didn’t quit.

Welcome to the interweb...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32