Tremont Waters (again) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can someone confirm if we're actually involved or if it was just speculation on the reports part?

C

Chief00

I had at 55% a few weeks ago and never reduced.
Current Rating:

CONFIR_ _ _

Or 67% - getting close to the seventh letter.

Agree, makes too much sense; especially given the style we want to play. Next season we will need to be so good at small ball - we need to force the other team to play that way. We will get crushed at big ball.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Current Rating:

CONFIR_ _ _

Agree, makes too much sense; especially given the style we want to play. Next season we will need to be so good at small ball - we need to force the other team to play that way. We will get crushed at big ball.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Reaction Score
He never got the Duke offer he was looking for. I'm asking around heard Western Kentucky is probably where he'll end up. But who knows things changed

We've discussed in the past how we thought it was a bit odd he wasn't getting more interest in this late "frenzy period". Duke just signed a 3* 300+ ranked nobody from Georgia who almost committed to Eastern Kentucky. And we think this kid is dying to go to Duke. Something about all this just does not add up at ALL.

Put me down on the record as being skeptical of this and leaning towards this being clickbait speculation.

C

Chief00

At some point, now that we struck out on some mini Bigs, we need to give an ultimatum. Give him 2 days or rescind the offer.
I think Earl Kelley waited to May too - it's the New Haven way.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Considering we were thought to be all but out on the guy a few weeks ago, I'd say so.
I meant the source you're referring to, not the topic.

Reaction Score
He never got the Duke offer he was looking for. I'm asking around heard Western Kentucky is probably where he'll end up. But who knows things changed

I don't buy the wku talk. Academics are important to the Waters family and wku doesn't check that box

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
My reaction when seeing another Tremont Waters Post pop up...the BY is just a glutton for punishment

k0Q9l.gif

Reaction Score
Can't believed others are getting sucked in. He'd be at UConn already if he wanted to come to UConn.
We're diehards. Where there is hope, however small, some of us are going to get sucked back in. We're desperate and clinging to any sign of something positive. Like being down by 15 with three minutes in a game, and we just hit back-to-back threes. We're still probably gonna lose the game, but I'm not changing the channel. If we land him, it would erase MAL and create some + momentum and hope going forward.

Reaction Score
Yes, we all would like some good news at this point. And on the surface, for our currently short-handed team getting Waters to come here seems like a no-brainer great thing.

But that leads me to this question: why did Mike Krzyzewski just commit to a low 3-star guard named Jordan Goldwire when it is common knowledge he could have had Tremont Waters any time he wanted? This situation has always smelled of some combination of father and son making some sort of unrealistic demands.

After everything we just went through with Vance Jackson and his overbearing father; and seeing that Krzyzewski would never even feign interest in this kid?

Something caused him to steer totally clear of Tremont (and his father). And then for the Waters team to even bring Western Kentucky into the mix... At the very least they come off as disingenuous when they have said academics are an important part of their choice but then give even one second of interest in a school like Western Kentucky after he de-committed from Georgetown. Say what you want about the basketball team and their current turmoil at Georgetown, but academically it is considered one of the 20 to 25 best universities in America.

With all the time these coaches spend at the gyms watching these kids at these AAU tournaments over several years, they also talk with one another. A lot. Word gets around when a kid and/or his dad are demanding unrealistic things.

Obviously we would love to have the talent, but the downside here is large and could rear its ugly head very quickly.

Reaction Score
But that leads me to this question: why did Mike Krzyzewski just commit to a low 3-star guard named Jordan Goldwire when it is common knowledge he could have had Tremont Waters any time he wanted? This situation has always smelled of some combination of father and son making some sort of unrealistic demands.
Trevon Duval.

Reaction Score
Current Rating:

CONFIR_ _ _

So you're guessing? Or you're hearing this?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Western Kentucky, in classic fashion, has a pretty good recruiting class coming in...so maybe the academics have always been 2nd to bball, and they represented the best late option?

I don't know the scenario, but I agree that it seems a bit weird, the entire recruitment.

If he buys in, he's obviously talented enough to want here, I just can't figure out the recruitment and what parts are true/legit, etc.

Reaction Score
One of the reasons why Jim Calhoun was so successful was because he was able to recruit players with the right mindset.

Based off the Courant article, Ollie appears to be realizing this as well. Waters seems talented but I would be lying if I said there doesn't appear to any red flags. That whole situation just gives me a bad vibe.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
They just signed that scrub PG though. You think they think that Duval would be scared off by Tremont? I guess it's possible.

I'm guessing they don't even care if the backup PG in this situation is as good because he'll never play.

So in that case, K would rather have a good student and practice player that doesn't care if he ever plays.

For that spot, a talented headache isn't worth as much as a less talented, no maintenance kid.

Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
They just signed that scrub PG though. You think they think that Duval would be scared off by Tremont? I guess it's possible.

I don't think that's what he's saying.

Maybe Duke knows they will get Duval and therefore have no interest in Waters. They signed the "scrub" as an emergency option knowing there's no way Waters would accept that role.

That's how I interpreted it at least. I have zero clue on any of it though, so take this with a barrel of grains of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom