Transfers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Transfer deadline day tomorrow. Should be interesting to see who goes where. All sorts of rumors flying about. Man U loaning out several "regulars", Arsenal looking for a striker, Spurs looking for everything and may be both buying and selling. I am slightly concerned that neither Paulinho or Holtby played v Liverpool today. Paulinho wasn't even on the bench.

Reaction Score
Supposedly when you buy season tickets to the Red Bulls it comes with some away tickets to see them play at the Revs. The are trying to build that rivalry. It's funny to see how the Red Bulls aren't quite filling their stadium and yet places like Dallas, KC, Houston, Vancouver, Portland and Seattle seem to be setting records every week.

I probably watch three MLS games a week now, and the only places that don't seem to fill up are DC, Red Bulls and NE, and to some degree Chicago. Chivas doesn't even draw flies, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sacramento Kings buy that club and move them.

I was the Toronto - Revs game on Saturday.

I took a video (ignore my zany daughter) and they announced a crowd of 26,500. Lucky to be half that.

Here's a pic, after the first Revs goal: https://flic.kr/p/p1VoDu

Revs also blew them out. From what I can tell, the Revs will be dangerous these playoffs.

Reaction Score
I was the Toronto - Revs game on Saturday.

I took a video (ignore my zany daughter) and they announced a crowd of 26,500. Lucky to be half that.

Here's a pic, after the first Revs goal: https://flic.kr/p/p1VoDu

Revs also blew them out. From what I can tell, the Revs will be dangerous these playoffs.

Toronto is awful right now. They fired their manager after the game and they are looking at selling Defoe to QPR.

Reaction Score
Toronto is awful right now. They fired their manager after the game and they are looking at selling Defoe to QPR.

I can see why they fired their manager. The players looked like they didn't care. All three goals were due to lazy passing. Fans were extremely upset. My daughter got enough F-bombs for a lifetime. She contracted tourette's syndrome at the game, got so bad I had to let he swear back in the hotel room for 20 seconds.

Reaction Score
I can see why they fired their manager. The players looked like they didn't care. All three goals were due to lazy passing. Fans were extremely upset. My daughter got enough F-bombs for a lifetime. She contracted tourette's syndrome at the game, got so bad I had to let he swear back in the hotel room for 20 seconds.

Toronto looked imbalanced to me when I saw them play in KC a few weeks ago. They were shredded 4-1. Granted two goals were penalties. Their attacking was dangerous but on defense they had real issues.

No way is Bradley worth 6.5 mil a year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Toronto looked imbalanced to me when I saw them play in KC a few weeks ago. They were shredded 4-1. Granted two goals were penalties. Their attacking was dangerous but on defense they had real issues.

No way is Bradley worth 6.5 mil a year.

Bradley made some brutal gaffes in that game. I wasn't expecting him to be fantastic in MLS, but I was certainly expecting him to be better.

On the flip side, things are looking up for my Revs, and Jones had a decent 30 minutes or so in the game. His style of play will fit right in with the team, although you know my feelings about giving him 5 million. I still think the Revs are at least 2 pieces away from the real thing, but they have a nice nucleus to build around...

Reaction Score
Bradley made some brutal gaffes in that game. I wasn't expecting him to be fantastic in MLS, but I was certainly expecting him to be better.

On the flip side, things are looking up for my Revs, and Jones had a decent 30 minutes or so in the game. His style of play will fit right in with the team, although you know my feelings about giving him 5 million. I still think the Revs are at least 2 pieces away from the real thing, but they have a nice nucleus to build around...

I caught the second half of that game. Jones looked physically to be cut above nearly everyone else on the field. If the Revs can get some chemistry going then look out.

Reaction Score
Once again Levy's greater commitment is to "the company" rather than the team, leaving Spurs without the signing what they most desperately needed, a Striker. Not sure why they picked up another midfielder,when they are strugglinh to get minutes for the talent they already have. Bummed to see Holtby go, even if on loan (and I think it will become permanant eventually). Disappointing transfer window all in as they missed out on their top targets.

United went all in on revamping their team, will be interesting to see the impact Falcao (sp?) has, and how he compliments RVP and Rooney. RVG spent a boatload on the transfer market this go-round.

Arsenal with a clutch signing in Welbeck to try and fill in for their injuries.

QPR is bringing in some talent, as is Southampton and even West Ham.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Once again Levy's greater commitment is to "the company" rather than the team, leaving Spurs without the signing what they most desperately needed, a Striker. Not sure why they picked up another midfielder,when they are strugglinh to get minutes for the talent they already have. Bummed to see Holtby go, even if on loan (and I think it will become permanant eventually). Disappointing transfer window all in as they missed out on their top targets.

United went all in on revamping their team, will be interesting to see the impact Falcao (sp?) has, and how he compliments RVP and Rooney. RVG spent a boatload on the transfer market this go-round.

QPR is bringing in some talent, as is Southampton and even West Ham.

HUGE Disappointment, but we should have expected it. Apparently we will be going with an 8 midfielder line-up this season. :confused:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Still missing another CB and we needed an upgrade at DM/CM (Arteta/Flamini just doesn't cut it at the elite level). Hopefully Wellbeck will be a nice fill in while Giroud is out and give us some depth (one way or the other) when he gets back. Sanogo is not ready for prime time (maybe in a couple of years).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
HUGE Disappointment, but we should have expected it. Apparently we will be going with an 8 midfielder line-up this season. :confused:
You guys are trying to copy us. Õzil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ox, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby (ha ha).

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You guys are trying to copy us. Õzil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ox, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby (ha ha).

And failed miserably in getting our hands on Welbeck. Congrats on that signing, that should secure your spot above Tots again this year.

I really hope this new stadium gets off the ground soon so we can get some extra $ and actually try to compete for the T4.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And failed miserably in getting our hands on Welbeck. Congrats on that signing, that should secure your spot above Tots again this year.

I really hope this new stadium gets off the ground soon so we can get some extra $ and actually try to compete for the T4.
Believe me, building a new stadium isn't pretty in the transfer market. Only the last couple of years we've been able to go out and spend some.

Reaction Score
Believe me, building a new stadium isn't pretty in the transfer market. Only the last couple of years we've been able to go out and spend some.

Wenger is a tightwad. Arsenal needs to grow a pair and spend some money:)

Reaction Score
Looks like Man U did some panic buying. What they needed was another central defender that would fit in a 3-5-2, so they went and spent money on attackers.

Reaction Score
Still missing another CB and we needed an upgrade at DM/CM (Arteta/Flamini just doesn't cut it at the elite level). Hopefully Wellbeck will be a nice fill in while Giroud is out and give us some depth (one way or the other) when he gets back. Sanogo is not ready for prime time (maybe in a couple of years).

The loss of Giroud has some eerily similar parallels to the us US's loss of Jozy in the World Cup and that is clearly not a good thing for Arsenal. Going to be hard to get head of Liverpool and Man City without that key slot and I am still worried about Man U as I hope they do not get their act together until next year as they have an insane amount of talent, just not in the right slots.

Reaction Score
The Krafts are hoping Boston lands the 2024 Summer Olympics so that someone else builds him a soccer stadium (downsized main stadium) at limited or no cost to them because right now, Revere and Somerville, both of whom want the Revs, don't have enough money to build a stadium for him. After all, his net worth dropped from $2.9 billion in 2013 to $2.3 billion in 2014. He's almost in the poor house now and clearly can't afford to build it himself.

Yep, the 'big' meeting between Kraft and the new mayor of Boston was nothing put a PR move. There has been no talk with Boston since that meeting of putting a Rev soccer stadium in the city and Kraft has not spoke to Somerville nor Revere, who are both begging for the stadium, in over a year. If NYC FC gets a stadium in place before the Revs, I feel bad for that team.

http://www.boston.com/business/news...cer-stadium/X6H8pK9JXZDtB893ApJ5zK/story.html

Reaction Score
Brek Shea on his way to Birmingham City according to Alexi Lalas. Must be a free transfer.

Reaction Score
Looks like Man U did some panic buying. What they needed was another central defender that would fit in a 3-5-2, so they went and spent money on attackers.
No panic spending, just couldn't get the right central defender. They are in a tough spot, no Europe this year and all top players want to be a part of CL. It's not like they won't have money to spend over the winter or next summer.

Reaction Score
No panic spending, just couldn't get the right central defender. They are in a tough spot, no Europe this year and all top players want to be a part of CL. It's not like they won't have money to spend over the winter or next summer.

There are a lot of rumblings that Ronaldo wants to come back. Supposedly he hasn't appreciated Real Madrid's transfer policy.

Reaction Score
Clint Dempsey looking for a loan move to the EPL this winter. Current likely landing spots are Aston Villa, QPR and Stoke.

I wish the USMNT had five more dudes with his mentality. No four month sabbaticals for Clint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom