Transfers | The Boneyard

Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard this, and I think it's good news (especially since I like Roma and I'll get to see him a lot on BeIN). I just hope he doesn't end up riding the pine, like Bradley, because that ends up wasting a player in the long run...

Reaction Score
Liverpool just signed Lovran from Southampton. Croatian Center Back, £20 Million.
LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We (Arsenal) have signed David Ospina, GK. He was Colombia's GK for the WC. He is expected to compete with Szczesny for the starting role.

Also it looks like we got another defender, Calum Chambers from Southampton (where Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain are from). Supposedly a versatile defender RB/CB/DM. Nothing finalized here yet though.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Arsenal-pay-16m-for-Southampton-teenager.html

Reaction Score
Southampton seems to be selling everybody. First they lose their Manager to Tottenham, and now they've off-loaded (or are in the process of selling) nearly half of their starting 11 from last season. Too bad as they had a nice transition from League Championship to EPL.

Reaction Score
I hadn't heard this, and I think it's good news (especially since I like Roma and I'll get to see him a lot on BeIN). I just hope he doesn't end up riding the pine, like Bradley, because that ends up wasting a player in the long run...

Still no deal yet. It wouldn't surprise me if this announcement is made during the All Star weekend. It also wouldn't surprise me if it fails. Seattle might be the wealthiest club in the league. They don't need 5 mil from Roma.

Even still he might be a season and a half from actually suiting up for Roma unless he gets a Latvian passport.

Reaction Score
Southampton seems to be selling everybody. First they lose their Manager to Tottenham, and now they've off-loaded (or are in the process of selling) nearly half of their starting 11 from last season. Too bad as they had a nice transition from League Championship to EPL.

The English press has been all over Southampton. I wonder if they are trying to follow in the footsteps of Portsmouth from 2009. Ouch. The same press is also saying that the Gunners have taken a huge gamble with Chambers; but, I rather take a big gamble on a young player than an old player (as a Yankees fan, I have to take a deep breath and remember not to punch something every time I hear the name Alex Rodriguez).

Arsenal’s biggest concern right now is getting up to speed quickly as Sanchez’s visa issue with keep him away from their annual Austrian pre-season camp and their large, very important German contingent is on break recovering from Brazil.

Reaction Score
The English press has been all over Southampton. I wonder if they are trying to follow in the footsteps of Portsmouth from 2009. Ouch. The same press is also saying that the Gunners have taken a huge gamble with Chambers; but, I rather take a big gamble on a young player than an old player (as a Yankees fan, I have to take a deep breath and remember not to punch something every time I hear the name Alex Rodriguez).

Arsenal’s biggest concern right now is getting up to speed quickly as Sanchez’s visa issue with keep him away from their annual Austrian pre-season camp and their large, very important German contingent is on break recovering from Brazil.
Ya, the Saints are a head cratcher. They go from being promoted in consecutive years, then finishing top 10 in the EPL, to now selling their entire roster. Spurs are rumored to be close to signing Rodrgiuez and Schneiderlin as well. I really liked how Southampton competed last season, and even watching them in League Championship (which is why I'm glad Spurs hired Pochettino). I know Portsmouth had HUGE financial problems, and ended up being deducted 10 points (twice over a few years) to go from EPL down two or three divisions. I have no clue if Southampton are having similar financial sturggles.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Doesn't look like Vermaelen is making the Austria trip either. Leaves us with really 1 first team CB for this weekend's Emirates Cup. 2 games in 2 days. And Koscielny will only have had a week of training. I'm assuming Chambers will play CB some this weekend.

I think we are going to need to replace Vermaelen, I get the feeling he's on his way out. I'd rather do it before we have to play the Champion's League play-in games.

Sanchez is training back in England though, so maybe he will be able to get a little run out this weekend. He should be good to go by the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Chicago is pursuing Jermaine Jones, which is surprising because since his family lives in LA you would think he would be a natural fit. Early reports said that Jones rejected the first offer, but that may not be true. Either way, at some point before the end of the season, Jones will be playing in the US.

So since the World Cup, Beasley has returned to the MLS and Jones will probably be MLS bound too.

Reaction Score
Even still he might be a season and a half from actually suiting up for Roma unless he gets a Latvian passport.

Due to a parent's place of birth, doesn't Yedlin already have a Latvian (EU) passport?

Reaction Score
Due to a parent's place of birth, doesn't Yedlin already have a Latvian (EU) passport?

Not sure. All I know is that if he can be a Latvian Dual, then he can occupy an EU slot on a European side, which makes things less complicated in terms of signing.

Latest is that Spurs want Yedlin.

Reaction Score
The Transfer rumors for the Gunners is going crazy - Jack Wilshere going to Juventus, Douglas Costa from Shakhtar Donetsk because Wenger refusal to agree to Porto’s price for Juan Quintero, Daniel Agger from Liverpool to help with the likely loss of Vermaelen to Man U or Barcelona and if he goes to Man U then Arsenal may get Nani in exchange, Marco Reus from Borussia Dortmund, William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon after failing to land Sami Khedira, and, of course, the wild talk of a bid for Mario Balotelli from AC Milan. I need a drink.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Early reports said that Jones rejected the first offer, but that may not be true.

I believe it. I saw him in a Q&A of some sort and basically he was saying he needed to get paid. It's a matter of hitting his number.

Reaction Score
I believe it. I saw him in a Q&A of some sort and basically he was saying he needed to get paid. It's a matter of hitting his number.

Well now that Landycakes is retiring, LA should have a designated player spot and a boatload of money, probably like 5 million a year to spend. No way they aren't going to have some fun with that money.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well now that Landycakes is retiring, LA should have a designated player spot and a boatload of money, probably like 5 million a year to spend. No way they aren't going to have some fun with that money.

I wish my Revs would have fun with some money at some point in my life... :(

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
Tough club (ownership) to support, but rumors suggest NE may be in contact with Jermaine Jone's agent. However, Bos/Prov, like Chicago, doesn't seem an appropriate fit for his preferred lifestyle.

Reaction Score
Tough club (ownership) to support, but rumors suggest NE may be in contact with Jermaine Jone's agent. However, Bos/Prov, like Chicago, doesn't seem an appropriate fit for his preferred lifestyle.

The Revs were the "It" squad a while back. Too bad Kraft let that one rot away.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Philly would be a good spot for Jones. I think Chicago would be too. It's not SoCal, but there is plenty of German culture in both places. I'm surprised no one has signed him yet. European seasons are starting up and you would think he would've needed to act on any offers abroad by now.

Reaction Score
Philly would be a good spot for Jones. I think Chicago would be too. It's not SoCal, but there is plenty of German culture in both places. I'm surprised no one has signed him yet. European seasons are starting up and you would think he would've needed to act on any offers abroad by now.

Philly is so non descript right now. Jones would really help that franchise wih some character.

Reaction Score

The Krafts are hoping Boston lands the 2024 Summer Olympics so that someone else builds him a soccer stadium (downsized main stadium) at limited or no cost to them because right now, Revere and Somerville, both of whom want the Revs, don't have enough money to build a stadium for him. After all, his net worth dropped from $2.9 billion in 2013 to $2.3 billion in 2014. He's almost in the poor house now and clearly can't afford to build it himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69