Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
In prior Husky news…Jack Zergiotis is back in the portal after 1 season with Merrimack.
He was the starter at Merrimack to begin the season, and played well. Earned NEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week after their game against Harvard. Then he suffered a hand injury that kept him out for 2 months. Played a few minutes in Merrimack's last 2 games of the season. Wonder what he's looking for?

Reaction Score
This is probably a controversial take....and I will probably get scolded by BL...but do we think there was a little tension between Mora and Carter regarding how Carter treated his injury?

As I recall...Carter had an option to play through it...similar to Houston. I remember Mora saying it was Carter's choice. Mora's openness about it being Carter's decision...and the way he praised Houston...makes me wonder if he wasn't disappointed that Carter didn't play through it. And maybe Carter was not happy with the pressure to play and decided to move on.

I am not saying anyone is wrong here...but part of the reason Carter could be leaving could be he didn't feel like he fit with Mora or the other coaches.
I was wondering about that also. It also looks like he didn’t come back because playing in a 5th game would’ve cost him a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
He was the starter at Merrimack to begin the season, and played well. Earned NEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week after their game against Harvard. Then he suffered a hand injury that kept him out for 2 months. Played a few minutes in Merrimack's last 2 games of the season. Wonder what he's looking for?
Wonder if he thinks he lost the starting job? Always liked jack…good kid. Wish him the best

Reaction Score
With Tucker declaring for the NFL draft, I would think Syracuse will go after Carter.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Congrats to the young man. That's a heck of a step up. What does their depth chart look like, anyone know? Does he have a shot to start?

Reaction Score
Congrats to the young man. That's a heck of a step up. What does their depth chart look like, anyone know? Does he have a shot to start?
Looks like they have Jalen Berger coming back who was their starting RB and will be a RS JR. Backup RB was a 5th year senior Elijah Collins who has a Covid year left but was honored on senior day and said he was undecided on coming back. So seems like there could be playing time available, Berger had pretty similar numbers to Carter this season

Reaction Score
Looks like they need RB depth, but the R-Soph starter returns. It seems Michigan State has preferred bigger backs although Kenny Walker was about 210 lbs.

Reaction Score
Haterade. Be happy for the kid. We got quality backs here and will get more.
We were his only non-military D1 offer and he used us to immediately bounce up to a bigger brand name. Everyone can do what they want but I gave my honest opinion and I’m not going to root for him. He’s not a Husky anymore.

Reaction Score
We were his only non-military D1 offer and he used us to immediately bounce up to a bigger brand name. Everyone can do what they want but I gave my honest opinion and I’m not going to root for him. He’s not a Husky anymore.
Obviously you're allowed to do what you want. I would say, however, that it seems a lot to ask for more loyalty from a 20 or 21 year old player than we demand from either his university or his coaches. All the ease of transferring has done has made clear that no one needs to have or should expect any loyalty from anyone else in this thing called college football. I don't like it either, and over the long term it will make it much harder to care a lot about college sports, but personally I'm not going to hold that against players. It's the schools and coaches who decided there wouldn't be loyalty coming from their side and opened it up for the kids to want the same.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom