Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
Michigan State has done a good job of building RB depth this offseason. They bring back their rushing leader from last year, adding Nate Carter, just added USF's leading rusher from 2021 who is a 6'2" 230 lbs power back, and added a fast HS running back. Seems like it will be a crowded RB run and it will be interesting to see how Carter does.

Reaction Score
Who knows what happens if he stays healthy.
Prolly have to compete to solidify his spot. When Brewton and Houston came back, Burns carries were limited. Nate didn’t start the spring game, it was Will Knight and Brewton. So I wonder if he felt coaches weren’t committed to him.

Reaction Score
At the risk of speculating, now that season is over I imagine some guys will be looking for new opps elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Carter could have played again this year like Houston but chose to sit out the rest of the year and save his body for better options. It's not a coincidence that Mora boasted about Devonte, especially his toughness and being a team player.
He probably wanted to preserve his injury redshirt. Can't say I blame him. High level college sports is all business.

Reaction Score
Michigan State has done a good job of building RB depth this offseason. They bring back their rushing leader from last year, adding Nate Carter, just added USF's leading rusher from 2021 who is a 6'2" 230 lbs power back, and added a fast HS running back. Seems like it will be a crowded RB run and it will be interesting to see how Carter does.
That's the way a real RB depth chart at a FBS program is supposed to be. That's how the QB room should be....all positions (for the most part) in fact...shouldn't see a huge drop off if somebody gets hurt.

We are/should be striving to get there...Uron sharpens iron... honestly speaking...

Reaction Score
Can you blame him/them?

It’s hard to blame Mason Donaldson for having some bitterness. Not only did he play through some poor seasons, but he got his chance, performed at a top level and then didn’t seem to get another chance.

Not necessarily right to be bitter, and it’s fine to take what he says with a grain of salt, but I would be bitter in his shoes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s hard to blame Mason Donaldson for having some bitterness. Not only did he play through some poor seasons, but he got his chance, performed at a top level and then didn’t seem to get another chance.

Not necessarily right to be bitter, and it’s fine to take what I says with a grain of salt, but I would be bitter in his shoes.
A lot of them are bitter, but weren’t most of them recruited by Diaco???

Reaction Score
Nope. You get a 4 to 6 year window and in that window you want to believe that merit decided your career, not mind games.
My point is simple. If on this board, posters started trashing the team saying these players suck, the older posters would quickly check them. That's essentially what a certain coach did every time he took the podium. And no one ever checked him. I think anyone in their shoes would be bitter.

Reaction Score
We were his only non-military D1 offer and he used us to immediately bounce up to a bigger brand name. Everyone can do what they want but I gave my honest opinion and I’m not going to root for him. He’s not a Husky anymore.
Please define “immediately.” It does not mean what you think it does.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My point is simple. If on this board, posters started trashing the team saying these players suck, the older posters would quickly check them. That's essentially what a certain coach did every time he took the podium. And no one ever checked him. I think anyone in their shoes would be bitter.
Well - the flip side of that is the fact that it was Diaco kids and few wanted to defend his collection of 6'4'' FCS hybrid TE/WR/LBs that couldn't find a place on the field.

As time marches on we get more information...we get more perspective.

Reaction Score
The other part of this...Mora isn't running off kids who he doesn't think fit in the program. The portal isn't just kids who want to leave...it's kids who were encouraged to leave.

You have to assume that he feels good about the players he has...culture wise and talent wise.
I think last year was the big year for discussion of roles hence the large number of exits last year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think last year was the big year for discussion of roles hence the large number of exits last year.
I agree...but...after a year of seeing players first hand, it's good to see more house cleaning wasn't needed.

Reaction Score
I agree...but...after a year of seeing players first hand, it's good to see more house cleaning wasn't needed.
I think what it shows is the players enjoyed the first year. Also, 50% of players in portal don’t get placed.

If you are a little used backup at UConn, where do you go? You can downshift to fcs, or walk-on somewhere else, but why not keep the scholarship?

Anyhow. I think UConn will get more from the portal than lose.

Nate Carter a loss, but they added a p5 TE and a MLB already. That is likely 2 starters.

Reaction Score
I think what it shows is the players enjoyed the first year. Also, 50% of players in portal don’t get placed.

If you are a little used backup at UConn, where do you go? You can downshift to fcs, or walk-on somewhere else, but why not keep the scholarship?

Anyhow. I think UConn will get more from the portal than lose.

Nate Carter a loss, but they added a p5 TE and a MLB already. That is likely 2 starters.

And Carter’s decision may ultimately not be that helpful for him. Wishing him the best of luck, but he was a star here and is now joining a crowded backfield at MSU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom