Transfer thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The stats are a mistake but I have mentioned Cheridene Green before as someone UCONN should be looking at.
The report on VolNation is that Green has an ACL injury and has to sit out this season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The report on VolNation is that Green has an ACL injury and has to sit out this season.
I did not see this injury reported anywhere else besides VolNation. If injury is true I suspect that she will not play further NCAA basketball and would instead play professionally in Europe.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It sounds like White had an offer from ND:

The 6-foot-3 post player who played her last two seasons at Illinois chose the Seminoles over Louisville and Notre Dame.
“It was a very difficult decision,” her father Bob Smith told the Omaha World-Herald. “All three are quality programs. It came down to where she felt the most comfortable.”
Her father added that playing for a school who can contend for a postseason championship was a major part of her decision.
The rising junior will have to sit out next season due to transfer rules.

http://floridastate. /Bolt/Florida-State-womens-basketball-lands-major-transfer-45281610
If this is true (White had ND offer) I would highly question the wisdom of the decision to choose FSU over ND-and you all know how I feel about ND.

Reaction Score
It sounds like White had an offer from ND:

The 6-foot-3 post player who played her last two seasons at Illinois chose the Seminoles over Louisville and Notre Dame.
“It was a very difficult decision,” her father Bob Smith told the Omaha World-Herald. “All three are quality programs. It came down to where she felt the most comfortable.”
Her father added that playing for a school who can contend for a postseason championship was a major part of her decision.
The rising junior will have to sit out next season due to transfer rules.

http://floridastate. /Bolt/Florida-State-womens-basketball-lands-major-transfer-45281610

Well it certainly looks like she made the right choice..............everybody knows that Notre Dame is just not ready to challenge for any post season play in the next few years. :)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Pure speculation on this - White shot a lot of 3s for Illinois. ND doesn't really need a big that wants to shoot 3s. They have shooters. They need someone to defend the post and rebound. Florida State just had Bulgak, who also liked to shoot 3s and play on the perimeter offensively sometimes. FSU may have promised her more freedom offensively, which could have made her more comfortable.

Wanting championships rings hollow for me as an explanation - Louisville and ND seem like better bets for that.

I was hoping she would choose ND - I liked what I saw from her at the McDonald's game a couple years back -- but I always thought it was a longshot and would only happen if the fit was perfect both ways. Happy to see her join FSU. I like Semrau and getting her will help keep FSU strong, which is good for the ACC with UNC and Duke on major downswings.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pure speculation on this - White shot a lot of 3s for Illinois. ND doesn't really need a big that wants to shoot 3s. They have shooters. They need someone to defend the post and rebound. Florida State just had Bulgak, who also liked to shoot 3s and play on the perimeter offensively sometimes. FSU may have promised her more freedom offensively, which could have made her more comfortable.

Wanting championships rings hollow for me as an explanation - Louisville and ND seem like better bets for that.

I was hoping she would choose ND - I liked what I saw from her at the McDonald's game a couple years back -- but I always thought it was a longshot and would only happen if the fit was perfect both ways. Happy to see her join FSU. I like Semrau and getting her will help keep FSU strong, which is good for the ACC with UNC and Duke on major downswings.
Not speculation at all, I believe it was @UConnCat who first pointed out how much for a big that White loves the 3 ball and how poorly she shot it. My take away (like yours) was that she would have been a bad fit for ND.
Not that I would publicly discourage something that was a bad fit for ND.

Reaction Score
Not speculation at all, I believe it was @UConnCat who first pointed out how much for a big that White loves the 3 ball and how poorly she shot it. My take away (like yours) was that she would have been a bad fit for ND. Not that I would publicly discourage something that was a bad fit for ND.
But I would at least hope that Muffet would explain to her that that's not in her best interest for playing at the highest levels, including a future pro career, and that, with a year to sit, she could have her game transformed into something more "marketable." But hoping that a player takes good advice is maybe a bit idealistic, huh?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not speculation at all, I believe it was @UConnCat who first pointed out how much for a big that White loves the 3 ball and how poorly she shot it. My take away (like yours) was that she would have been a bad fit for ND.
Not that I would publicly discourage something that was a bad fit for ND.

Actually, I pointed out how much White likes to shoot generally (93 more shots taken than Stewie in 7 fewer games) and how poorly she shot the ball for a big: 39%. But since you brought it up, White was not shy about taking 3s (125) despite not shooting them very well (25%). She was a pretty good rebounder at Illinois (9.3/game).

BTW, Azura Stevens took more than 200 fewer shots than White and 72 fewer 3-pointers. Stevens made 53% of her shots, 36% of her 3-pointers and averaged 9.6 rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
White probably wants playing time (plus the opportunity to play deep into the NCAA tournament). Barring injury, she won't start over Turner in 2017-2018. And, seeing Boley play, I think she will be a starter (over Westbeld) by her Sophomore year, when White would be eligible. Turner has the "5" on locked that year, and Boley/Westbeld will likely split time at the 4. Also consider that ND likes to often go small, especially since they have great guards/wings. I could see ND playing something like Patberg, Ogunbowale, Mabrey, Young and Turner for an extended amount of playing time (and if they land Walker....)

White would likely start in 2018-2019 though, but thats only 1 season. Not many people transfer to another school for reduced playing time.

Reaction Score
I did not see this injury reported anywhere else besides VolNation. If injury is true I suspect that she will not play further NCAA basketball and would instead play professionally in Europe.

Green is Tennessee bound signed (?) She is the third post added in the spring - probably will red-shirt

Reaction Score
Green is Tennessee bound signed (?) She is the third post added in the spring - probably will red-shirt

By my count, TN will now have 0 frosh, 2 soph, 2 seniors, and 8 juniors.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
By my count, TN will now have 0 frosh, 2 soph, 2 seniors, and 8 juniors.

It's not certain that Carter will be back next year. If she is, likely a small role. Her knees, from what I've been told, are basically being held together by duct tape.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Taja Cole announced today that she's transferring to Georgia. She played her freshman year at Louisville where she averaged 2.9 ppg.

She made her announcement at a local gym in Richmond, flanked by her parents and with TV cameras rolling. She revealed her decision by putting a Georgia visor on her head.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Taja Cole announced today that she's transferring to Georgia. She played her freshman year at Louisville where she averaged 2.9 ppg.

She made her announcement at a local gym in Richmond, flanked by her parents and with TV cameras rolling. She revealed her decision by putting a Georgia visor on her head.

Must have been a slow news day in Richmond :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If this is true (White had ND offer) I would highly question the wisdom of the decision to choose FSU over ND-and you all know how I feel about ND.
Almost as foolish as choosing nd over UCONN!

Reaction Score
LaTech transfer Lindsay Davenport to SMU
LaTech assistant Micki DeMoss to LSU

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
LaTech transfer Lindsay Davenport to SMU
LaTech assistant Micki DeMoss to LSU
Nice pickup for SMU! And LSU is lucky. Farhas has been average at best at LSU. The first 3 years, with other coaches' players, she won just over 20 games and made it to the sweet 16 twice in the NCAA's.

The past 2 years she's gone 17-14, and then 10-20 this past year. Her lone recruit this coming year is a 4-star kid ranked in the low 60's. The future isn't too bright unless she has some JUCO's or transfers I'm not aware of (or if her team was injured last year). Demoss is a known recruiter and can only help in bringing in talent. Problem is, coming from the Pat Summitt school of offense, LSU isn't exactly bringing in someone with new ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom