Transfer thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Reaction Score
Some very interesting rumors going around involving tampering. And she had her profile in the portal marked "do not contact" from the jump so I would say it's at least safe to say she knows where she is going already.
How would one know this? The portal is a confidential system only available to certain athletic department staff.

Reaction Score
How would one know this? The portal is a confidential system only available to certain athletic department staff.
Idk how they would know. That's why I said the info was rumor-based.

Reaction Score
My guess is that people see "do not contact" on her transfer page and think that her mind is already made up, because TAMPERING.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If memory serves, she had UNC, Duke, NC State, UNCW (which would really be going home), and NC A&T in her top however many.

I'd love it if she went to A&T.

You wouldn't be the only one (My Aggies)

NCATFans_original.gif

Reaction Score
My guess is that people see "do not contact" on her transfer page and think that her mind is already made up, because TAMPERING.
I understand that part, but the system itself where you would see it is confidential and few have access to it. So to find out that someone is in the portal and what restrictions are on their entry would have to be leaked by the player themselves or by a coach which seems like something that would be against the rules since it's supposed to be confidential. To be clear, the "portal" is an NCAA app and not a website that anyone can just go browse which is why I'm always surprised to see twitter get the jump on putting out info about who is in the portal before the players can even put out their own statement to break the news.

Reaction Score
I understand that part, but the system itself where you would see it is confidential and few have access to it. So to find out that someone is in the portal and what restrictions are on their entry would have to be leaked by the player themselves or by a coach which seems like something that would be against the rules since it's supposed to be confidential. To be clear, the "portal" is an NCAA app and not a website that anyone can just go browse which is why I'm always surprised to see twitter get the jump on putting out info about who is in the portal before the players can even put out their own statement to break the news.
There were whispers late in the season that there could be some attrition from SC and with Rivers' suspension, it wasn't a big leap to assume she might be leaving. There are always back channels to work (AAU coach, parents).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
You wouldn't be the only one (My Aggies)

View attachment 75607

Here's Raoul's blog page on Rivers' HS recruitment. Lot of teams there: she went from 12 finalists to South Carolina. Heck, no wonder she said "don't contact": She's got 11 other places she can check out!

Reaction Score

The schools have 1 or 2 days to enter the player into the portal so the player requests it but they don't know when they will go in but the colleges who sit on the portal all day surely find out when someone enters.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The schools have 1 or 2 days to enter the player into the portal so the player requests it but they don't know when they will go in but the colleges who sit on the portal all day surely find out when someone enters.
The schools are required to enter the player in the portal within 2 business days.

Reaction Score
Pretty soon there will be more transfer threads than players in the transfer portal.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This doesn't imply tampering! numerous players select that option because they don't want Southwestern Tennessee State or another random school calling them. This makes it so they can handle who they want to speak with
:eek:I agree. What coach in their right mind is not going to pick up Saniya Rivers if she wants to come to your school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don’t want to be that guy, but someone is now following Saniya on ig as of today. If the “do not contact” in the portal is confirmed….
Season 2 Thumbs Up GIF by The Good Place
I'm pretty sure a social media "following" is not considered "contact" by this NCAA definition.

A contact occurs any time a college coach says more than hello during a face-to-face contact with a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents off the college’s campus.

Who is that someone?

Reaction Score
Help me out. It’s been noted here that if players put “do not contact” on their portal data, it’s because they already know where they are headed. I’m not sure that’s always true. The player may have narrowed things down to a few schools and wants no more contact.

My question is ….if a player and a school have agreed that she will join their program before she even enters her name in the Portal, the talks probably occurred prior to the end of the season. Are there rules about contacting and timing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Help me out. It’s been noted here that if players put “do not contact” on their portal data, it’s because they already know where they are headed. I’m not sure that’s always true. The player may have narrowed things down to a few schools and wants no more contact.

My question is ….if a player and a school have agreed that she will join their program before she even enters her name in the Portal, the talks probably occurred prior to the end of the season. Are there rules about contacting and timing?
Yes. The rules is pretty simple: An institution CANNOT contact an enrolled SA until that student's name is placed in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
Yes. The rules is pretty simple: An institution CANNOT contact an enrolled SA until that student's name is placed in the transfer portal.
Thanks. In some of these cases, there seems to be very little time between the portal entry and the new school announcement. Someone was talking to someone.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Are current players considered boosters and also off limits in talking with a portal enrollee?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks. In some of these cases, there seems to be very little time between the portal entry and the new school announcement. Someone was talking to someone.
I was simply stating what the rule is. Someone is always talking to someone. There will always be people not committed to abiding by the rules.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are current players considered boosters and also off limits in talking with a portal enrollee?
Current and former players and parents "can" be considered boosters. Boosters are not prohibited from talking to a portal employee. The restriction on boosters is they are not allowed to be involved in recruiting of a prospective SA. If you are a booster and you have a hotshot prospect in your area you can refer then to the UCONN staff but that is about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom