Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Traci Carter (Committed to Marquette)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We beat out Kansas and Louisville for Adams. We beat out Arizona and UCLA for Hamilton. Enoch got immediate high-level interest after killing Zimmerman (who everybody's recruiting) this summer, but most of them backed off as soon as we showed interest. We beat out Louisville and Florida for Facey.

We also beat out Marquette for a point guard - Cassell - last year.

It seems like we're probably doomed.

That's a cool, glib comment but are you seriously saying that there's no cause for alarm with respect to recruiting? That's really what you're saying?

A+ for your Enoch comment. I remember when Kentucky took a look at him and backed off as soon as they saw UConn involved.

Reaction Score
Nope, sorry for ya...
Bummer, that would have been a nice benefit of a poor season. Don't rule it out completely just yet. Put some more thought into it and maybe you'll reconsider.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If you guys want to make me the "bad guy" so be it, I'm ok with that. My self esteem isn't based off of how many "likes" I get.
But to turn a blind eye to our recruiting problems, and continue acting like nothing is wrong . That's the real travesty.....we just finished the regular season of the American (not the B1G, ACC, etc) in sixth place! If you're not embarrassed by that, and terrified by what next year may look like... Than there's nothing I can say to help you take your blinders off.

A whole season with TSam as our primary ballhandler does sound promising.....

Reaction Score
That's a cool, glib comment but are you seriously saying that there's no cause for alarm with respect to recruiting? That's really what you're saying?

A+ for your Enoch comment. I remember when Kentucky took a look at him and backed off as soon as they saw UConn involved.
I think most everyone would like to get a high level recruiter on staff if possible. Doesnt change the fact that people's chicken little routines are comical.

His comments may have been cool and glib. They were also factually accurate. We did beat out those schools for those players.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Bummer, that would have been a nice benefit of a poor season. Don't rule it out completely just yet. Put some more thought into it and maybe you'll reconsider.
Awwwwww, is cupcake sad?
kid-sad-face-new-york-1r6di21.jpg

Sorry to disappoint .....

Reaction Score
If you guys want to make me the "bad guy" so be it, I'm ok with that. My self esteem isn't based off of how many "likes" I get.
But to turn a blind eye to our recruiting problems, and continue acting like nothing is wrong . That's the real travesty.....we just finished the regular season of the American (not the B1G, ACC, etc) in sixth place! If you're not embarrassed by that, and terrified by what next year may look like... Than there's nothing I can say to help you take your blinders off.

So if we're good next year will you stop posting? Since, you know, there is no way we're going to be good.

Reaction Score
Awwwwww, is cupcake sad?
kid-sad-face-new-york-1r6di21.jpg

Sorry to disappoint .....
I'm not sad. We were National Champions 4 years ago. We're defending National Champions right now. We've had a disappointing year, but I think we will be good next year. Plus you just brought up cupcakes, and they are delicious.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
So if we're good next year will you stop posting? Since, you know, there is no way we're going to be good.
Nope sorry again.....your just gonna have to endure me precious :)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

This is a bit hyperbolic. Our recruiting may need to improve, but it isn't THAT bad. I want an assistant coach to aid in recruitment as much as you.

Also, other big schools would have jumped in on Enoch if it wasn't painfully obvious he would choose UConn. We should just hope the same type of thing happens with Tremont Waters and Hamidou Diallo.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think most everyone would like to get a high level recruiter on staff if possible. Doesnt change the fact that people's chicken little routines are comical.
Especially when they're regarding a player ranked lower than Terrence Samuel was as a senior.

Carter has said he wants to come into a situation where he can play right away. Coming into UConn, he's behind one of the best PG recruits in the nation, a guy who played meaningful minutes for an NCAA title team, and an upperclassman with NBA bloodlines.

I am like 7% concerned about recruiting, 15% about game-planning, 24% about free throws, and the rest about season-to-season improvement of the guys who are already here.

I would be happier if we'd landed him. But on the list of things I think will impact this program next season and in the years to come, where Traci Carter decides to spend the next 4 years of his life is pretty ****ing low.

Last edited:

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Yeah I know. It's always the know it alls that won't put their money where their mouth is.
No speeky english?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Also, other big schools would have jumped in on Enoch if it wasn't painfully obvious he would choose UConn.
I believe it was Rankin who tweeted that KU, Louisville and Arizona all went after him hard, then immediately backed off because KO A) got there first, B) made the right impression, and C) the kid was smitten.

We should just hope the same type of thing happens with Tremont Waters and Hamidou Diallo.
My belief is we won't have to hope for that. We're coming off of several years of recruiting sanctions and scholarship reductions, and ended up having to scramble late for guys like Amida & Lubin, while being unable to get to guys like Perkins (losing him still hurts) and a few others as early and often as we wanted.

That is not the case with the 2016 and especially 2017 classes. If we whiff on Kegler, King, Jackson or whoever else next season, then I will start to worry. If we sign a bunch of 3-stars in 2017, then I will full-on ****ing panic.

The only thing that could make me lose sleep now, however, is if Adams and/or Enoch ask out of their LOIs.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

I was personally being sarcastic with my last comment about nothing being wrong, poking fun at the subset on this board who equate being worried about the programs future to somehow being a bad fan. As if someone saying something not 100% about the Huskies means they should go root for Kentucky, thats BS reasoning and if it were universally accepted things would never improve. Recruiting is down and is currently below the level we as a program have become accustomed to, and need to play. I disagree with points made by guys like Matrim that because we won two recruiting battles (Adams, Hamilton) that we dont have any problems, the two events are not mutually exclusive. We can win a tough battle and then proceed to lose 4 guys who based on their offer lists would think UConn is a no brainer. For this program to compete at the level of play we have EARNED over the last twenty years, we need to recruit at the level of the programs we stand with, namely UK, Duke, Kansas, UNC etc, yet we are losing recruits to programs three or four levels beneath us, consistently. This is a problem no matter how you cut it.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Especially when they're regarding a player ranked lower than Terrence Samuel was as a senior.

Carter has said he wants to come into a situation where he can play right away. Coming into UConn, he's behind one of the best PG recruits in the nation, a guy who played meaningful minutes for an NCAA title team, and an upperclassman with NBA bloodlines.

I am like 7% concerned about recruiting, 15% about game-planning, 24% about free throws, and the rest about season-to-season improvement of the guys who are already here.

I would be happier if we'd landed him. But on the list of things I think will impact this program next season and in the years to come, where Traci Carter decides to spend the next 4 years of his life is pretty ****ing low.

If he is worried about playing behind TSam and Sam Jr., we can't use him.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I was personally being sarcastic with my last comment about nothing being wrong, poking fun at the subset on this board who equate being worried about the programs future to somehow being a bad fan. As if someone saying something not 100% about the Huskies means they should go root for Kentucky, thats BS reasoning and if it were universally accepted things would never improve. Recruiting is down and is currently below the level we as a program have become accustomed to, and need to play. I disagree with points made by guys like Matrim that because we won two recruiting battles (Adams, Hamilton) that we dont have any problems, the two events are not mutually exclusive. We can win a tough battle and then proceed to lose 4 guys who based on their offer lists would think UConn is a no brainer. For this program to compete at the level of play we have EARNED over the last twenty years, we need to recruit at the level of the programs we stand with, namely UK, Duke, Kansas, UNC etc, yet we are losing recruits to programs three or four levels beneath us, consistently. This is a problem no matter how you cut it.
A voice of reason, thank you BUHusky....for a second there, I thought I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone

Reaction Score
His comments may have been cool and glib. They were also factually accurate. We did beat out those schools for those players.

They're only factually accurate to the extent the players you mentioned had offers from those schools. But when that goes the other way you guys are the ones who say "Well, UConn made him plan B and Providence was all in on him." I could say that about at least one of the guys on your list but it kills the fantasy. By all means, continue to tell yourself that everything's rosy while we chase Marquette. Throw in a "doomed" every once in a while.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Absolutely. However, to say the program has seen a "significant drop off" and then support it using a list that shows 2 national championship does seem a bit odd doesn't it?

It is totally weird. No other way to explain it.

All those high seeds from the 90s to mid 2000s and go figure we win 2 titles as a 3 and 7.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There is reason for concern.
There is not reason to give up.
Just like the posters who never see a blemish on our program, those who always see the sky falling are predictable and annoying.

Between the everything is perfect and the everything sucks people and the resulting pi**ing matches, it is hard to have a conversation about the team.

Reaction Score
Marquette started recruiting the kid when we did - everyone currently on his list got in at about the same time.

No matter where he goes, he's going to face being recruited over.

I know UConn's in a fix at this point, but he's the best available point guard out there and we need another ball handler.

If they can't get him, it might be time to call it a day.
Totally agree with this. We can't keep on missing on must need players to help fill out these classes. When we start reaching for TSAM's, and Phil Nolan as main contributors we know are recruiting is at a low point. These type of players might have been on JC's team but they weren't getting major minutes like they are with KO.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I believe Omar & Phil were JC's recruits. Which, I guess, proves your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom