Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Shead skyed for that rebound.

Reaction Score
Probably yes. Matchups matter, but probably not like 60 spots in kenpom matter.
For Hey Adrien’s next scouting report of UConn’s Sweet 16 opponent could add those column charts that u added when UConn played Seton Hall? I thought those were interesting

Reaction Score
Am I over thinking it by saying SDSU is a better matchup for us than Yale?

Are they? They have FF experience from last year and the revenge factor. I think we'd overwhelm Yale.....SDSU would be a tougher game.

Reaction Score
Still think SDSU will win fairly handily but their not a team that runs away with a game unless your a turnpver machine well if Yale can hang and show some of SDSU flaws.
This is like a redux of last year where they got Furman as a #13 seed after Furman upset #4 seed Virginia the round before

Reaction Score
Are they? They have FF experience from last year and the revenge factor. I think we'd overwhelm Yale - SDSU would be a rougher game.
Disagree.

They normally can’t shoot. LOL

We’ll do the same thing to ledee that we do to Dixon.

I think we’re a terrible matchup for a team that relies on scoring at the rim

Reaction Score
For Hey Adrien’s next scouting report of UConn’s Sweet 16 opponent could add those column charts that u added when UConn played Seton Hall? I thought those were interesting
I may have a link for you on that in a few days, my laptop's health tbd.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ken Pom has nailed it thus far my goodness

How's that? If you mean the second round has gone mostly chalk, that is a bit unusual, but not unprecedented. The first round was a mess, and a lot of the bubble and at-large teams have turned out to be broiled dog spit. These at-large teams were selected in a large part because of KenPom and NET efficiency metrics, which several teams and even entire conferences gamed to take at-large bids away from more deserving programs.

Reaction Score
These at-large teams were selected in a large part because of KenPom and NET efficiency metrics, which several teams and even entire conferences gamed to take at-large bids away from more deserving programs.
No, in large part due to resume metrics. Other than Michigan State, and they won a game.

Remember how St John's didn't get in despite having a KenPom and NET around 30? And Indiana State literally set a record for best NET not included (still alive in NIT).

Reaction Score
Probably yes. Matchups matter, but probably not like 60 spots in kenpom matter.
Seriously. If I had a choice, give me Yale. We'd beat them by 40.

I think we're going to beat San Diego State, probably by 15+, but they're a good team and can beat us.

Reaction Score
Seriously. If I had a choice, give me Yale. We'd beat them by 40.

I think we're going to beat San Diego State, probably by 15+, but they're a good team and can beat us.
Yale is not that good. Auburn did most of the work in defeating themselves (credit to Yale for doing enough to let Auburn choke away the game).

But as has been noted - this SDDU is not last year's SDSU by any stretch and it is quite likely this UConn is better. Plus a better shooting environment for our guys to enjoy.

(Edit: But see me on Thursday evening when I will be worried about continued shooting woes and DC getting into early foul trouble.)

Reaction Score
Can't remember a Sweet 16 that went almost exactly according to seeding 4/5s v. 1 with the exception of 6 seed Clemson and 11 seed NC State. A 6 seed is actually no surprise at all.

NC State is the only interloper of these 16 teams.

Reaction Score
compliments of the NU board

"To realize that all your season - all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream season that you had inside the Big Ten. A dream season about Boo Buie being THE person... And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it"

huskymonster.jpg

Reaction Score
You can do the same thing with Karaban. Unless the center foul are lopsided, Edey shouldn't be a major factor in the game even if he gets a double double on a lower shooting percentage. Our guards are way better. If Edey gets free reign against Johnson and Karaban with Clingan in foul trouble, that is where the problems would begin.
Did you see them today? They looked great at every position and they hit 3s.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How's that? If you mean the second round has gone mostly chalk, that is a bit unusual, but not unprecedented. The first round was a mess, and a lot of the bubble and at-large teams have turned out to be broiled dog spit. These at-large teams were selected in a large part because of KenPom and NET efficiency metrics, which several teams and even entire conferences gamed to take at-large bids away from more deserving programs.

What resume metrics did all these Big 12 teams have to not only get 9 bids, but get their high seeds? How about the MWC? Those two leagues, which got 15 bids between them, will send 2 and 1 respectively into the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is some of the best slate of games you could have for the 2nd weekend. When you consider the "cinderella" of the group is NC State. Everyone can pretty much play, so should be some great basketball next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom