Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If this Kansas team gets to the Sweet 16, you gotta really give Self some credit.
Yes, sort of. They should've been bounced in round 1 and Gonzaga just happens to be a good matchup for them. Couldn't have played out much better for them. Probably the weakest Gonzaga team of the past decade or so and they won't have an answer for Dickinson. Both teams have a short bench. I think Kansas' interior defensive vs a much stronger schedule will win out vs Gonzaga's effective interior offense vs a weak schedule.

Reaction Score
Creighton and Oregon should be a fun one. N'faly Dante is playing the best basketball of his life recently, but he has to go up against 7'2 Ryan Kalkbrenner

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
JMU on Sunday is my second biggest rooting interest after UConn. Please please please.
I had a nightmare that after the B12/SEC/B1G poached anything of value from the ACC, UConn was about to join as even the depleted conference offered a multiple of revenues we were making in BE/FB indy.

But the ACC chose JMU instead.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If this Kansas team gets to the Sweet 16, you gotta really give Self some credit.
He’s a very good coach. I am obviously hoping they win. If they do I look forward to the Boneyard meltdown deciding who to root for with KU vs Purdue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He’s a very good coach. I am obviously hoping they win. If they do I look forward to the Boneyard meltdown deciding who to root for with KU vs Purdue.
That's a tough one. We know we can beat Kansas since we almost did at Phog despite DC and CS injuries, so it's assured we go through to the next game. OTOH, I personally have been looking to thoroughly embarrass Purdue all season. I'd hate for KU to take away that opportunity.

Reaction Score
I had a nightmare that after the B12/SEC/B1G poached anything of value from the ACC, UConn was about to join as even the depleted conference offered a multiple of revenues we were making in BE/FB indy.

But the ACC chose JMU instead.
I mean, it's a totally true statement to say JMU has been the best major sports team in VA the last couple years

Football, bball and even baseball and soccer they've been very good

Reaction Score
That's a tough one. We know we can beat Kansas since we almost did at Phog despite DC and CS injuries, so it's assured we go through to the next game. OTOH, I personally have been looking to thoroughly embarrass Purdue all season. I'd hate for KU to take away that opportunity.
Donovan, Cam, No Steph Castle on the road

Round 2 would be neutral court, 100% healthy for UCONN, Kansas down McCullough.

Different game, different outcome

Reaction Score
Do my eyes deceive me ? Watching AZ and Dayton and Ballo is listed at 7' and Holmes at 6'10". Big off the bench for Dayton, Isaac Jack listed at 6'-11". They both look easily taller than Ballo. LOL

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Don’t see how much longer Dayton can hang around for…

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Can’t they both lose?:rolleyes:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Arizona looks very athletic and dynamic on offense. We will see if it lasts.

Reaction Score
Through 2 games Dayton seems ridiculously overseeded as a #7 seed
Except, suddenly, we were a 3 rattling out from it being a 4 point game at half. :eek:

Arizona just wilted under that press. Not a good sign.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Except, suddenly, we were a 3 rattling out from it being a 4 point game at half. :eek:

Arizona just wilted under that press. Not a good sign.
Hopefully they press the remaining 20 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom