Tori McCoy will sign on Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tori McCoy will sign on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course not. Many discrepancies.

The baby pictures weren't on jumbotron, they were on T-shirts worn by the whole staff and team as they greeted her.

Granted, her name did blare from the speakers when she entered the arena to watch a game. So you'd have known of her arrival even without the spotlight and fireworks going off.

And the story omits the TN game jersey with her name on it hanging in a locker, and the hotel room stocked with her favorite candy.

The blimp was real.

And so was the consequent new NCAA rule against "personalized recruiting aids."
Interesting. Did not know new NCAA rules were created as a result of the Ann Strother recruiting. And Tennessee fans have the nerve to accuse Geno of being a cheat? Just how many rules did the NCAA create because of Pat Summitt's shading recruiting practices? Seems to be quite a few.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Or you could show her her own baby pictures on the Jumbotron in your empty arena and then deliver a ready-to-sign LOI via miniature indoor blimp. Oh wait that didn't work in Knoxville on Ann Strother.
Or have a couple NPOY, Olympian/World Champion Gold Medalists, Multiple WNBA Champion, Lieberman Award winners, take her out for Wendy's. (of course they have to be able to do this while they are out of the country)

Oh wait, they don't have any of those.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Or have a couple NPOY, Olympian/World Champion Gold Medalists, Multiple WNBA Champion, Lieberman Award winners, take her out for Wendy's. (of course they have to be able to do this while they are out of the country)

Ouch! Shots fired!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think it was better then that, wasn't the Wendy's Meal delivered? :)

Reaction Score

The baby pictures weren't on jumbotron, they were on T-shirts worn by the whole staff and team as they greeted her.

Granted, her name did blare from the speakers when she entered the arena to watch a game. So you'd have known of her arrival even without the spotlight and fireworks going off.

And the story omits the TN game jersey with her name on it hanging in a locker, and the hotel room stocked with her favorite candy.

The blimp was real.

Well at least I got the blimp right (whew!)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well at least I got the blimp right (whew!)
Close enough. You got the intent and most of the generalities right. Baby pictures on shirts, blimp with scholly offer, name on locker and jersey, etc etc. The only thing missing was the billboard saying "Please come to Knoxville!" LOL

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The blimp was real.

Thats still pathetic

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thats still pathetic
I believe JS was being ironic, or at the least, a bit funny. J66kicker got the gist of the things Tennessee did to try to recruit Ann, I just think he "mixed and matched" in the wrong places. Point is, it was so over the top that it has gone down in history as the best way not to recruit a player...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Believe it was using a teleportation device between Moscow and Georgia so they could personally chauffeur the recruit to an awards ceremony.
The catered job in Geno's office was a one man (woman) operation before they got their act together.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
So now some are saying with Carretti committing to OSU today that they should be full at 15 players on scholarship for 2016 and wouldn't have room for McCoy. I havent had a chance to look for myself to see if it's true (I'm at work). If so, we could have another Baylor in WBB.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
VFLfan said:
So now some are saying with Carretti committing to OSU today that they should be full at 15 players on scholarship for 2016 and wouldn't have room for McCoy. I havent had a chance to look for myself to see if it's true (I'm at work). If so, we could have another Baylor in WBB.

They have 2 seniors and 2 red shirt juniors. One or more of the juniors could not come back or go to graduate school somewhere else next season. The OSU staff are the only ones that know for sure and I have to believe they know they team and what's going on with the situation.

That being said they could easily take all 3.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
They have 2 seniors and 2 red shirt juniors. One or more of the juniors could not come back or go to graduate school somewhere else next season. The OSU staff are the only ones that know for sure and I have to believe they know they team and what's going on with the situation.

That being said they could easily take all 3.

Thanks for checking. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thanks for checking. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Kalpana Beach, RS Junior, is in her fifth year of school. She has redshirted twice and injured a knee again last season that kept her out. I have no inside knowledge, but I would imagine after sitting out the end of last season too (third knee injury in three years) she may end up calling it a career after this season.

Reaction Score
Make signs asking for to come to USC, i.e. "Tori - Come to USC - We're the Real McCoy!" Oh, and be sure to give them to her after the game :D

Shoot...South Caroling isn't even the "Real USC". :eek:

Reaction Score
When is the last time Southern Cal actually beat us in anything?

Who's "us"? You on any S. Carolina team? As much as SC has struggled in football, it would be sweet to watch them beat up on those clowns from the SEC. I'm sure they would love to schedule the fake Carolina from Columbia.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Who's "us"? You on any S. Carolina team? As much as SC has struggled in football, it would be sweet to watch them beat up on those clowns from the SEC. I'm sure they would love to schedule the fake Carolina from Columbia.

As a graduate, academics and athletics donor and season ticket holder in football, men's basketball and women's basketball it's a "we", not a "them". How many football coaches has Southern Cal gone through in the last 10 years?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
As a graduate, academics and athletics donor and season ticket holder in football, men's basketball and women's basketball it's a "we", not a "them". How many football coaches has Southern Cal gone through in the last 10 years?
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc