Top Most Disliked Programs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Top Most Disliked Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I enjoy mocking Syracuse, but I actually have no real animosity toward them. Right now, I hate Kentucky the most. The fans are insufferable, but not as much as their slimy coach. I loathe Duke, of course, and I've never stopped hating Boston College with a passion. I live very close to BC now, and the students are the douchiest in the greater Boston area, which is saying a lot, with BU and Harvard nearby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1) Kentucky – Coach Cal and his 1 and dones, ESPN fawning over Coach Cal while ignoring the fact that avoided the NCAA by leaving 2 programs in shambles (UMass and Memphis), somehow a school that no one stays for more than 1 year keeps off APR violations, etc. represent everything wrong with college basketball today.

2) Duke – Because I have still not forgiven Duke for the late 1980’s and most of the 1990’s that and Coach K ability to get the zebras all of the time.

3) Louisville – Petino is just like Coach Cal, except that he insists that he is not a used car salesman. That and Louisville’s recent success is built on a lot of smoke and mirrors while their fan base, thinks they are second coming of Christ and they are not even the #1 team in their own state.

4) Syracuse – Would be higher; but, I have too many friends who went to Syracuse and too many fond memories of going to games with them and then painting the town red, win or lose, after.

Outside of college basketball

1) The Red Sox

2) The Cowboys

3) Gary Bettman

4) Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick

4) The NBA

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As I said here's more proof……….Hartford and 1 yankee fan is funny Waq……..probably because you were already as you are now and had no friends, just a guess! Grew up 18 miles south and it was half and half so you needed a better personality growing up for sure!!

Butt hurt is funny…….since Jeter has been playing we've had plenty to make us happy so only a Sox fan would hope we're butt hurt. Last year was the first time we didn't see the playoffs in how many years? Don't think you can say the same Waq and that's all you hope for as a fan in anything, extended seasons consistently. All good here and despite your desires of "butt hurt" fans, I doubt there's many. My Yankee buddies and I didn;t see over 80 wins as a LLer and thereafter so there's a lot less bandwagon fans on our side than yours and it ain't close. Brought a guy from Maryland to the game the other night and sitting on the patio of the Cask watching the waves of people in pink he said "is there anyone over 30 that likes the Red Sox"??? Bingo……bandwagon heaven since the Yankee choke job!

Most over 30 Sox fans can no longer fit in Fenway's seats.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Life-long Yankee fan. I was 8 when the Yankees won their last championship of the Mantle era and 13 when the Mick retired. Most people where I lived were Yankee fans and we remained Yankee fans through the insufferable drought of 15 years between championships

And here I thought you were born in 1976!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I enjoy mocking Syracuse, but I actually have no real animosity toward them. Right now, I hate Kentucky the most. The fans are insufferable, but not as much as their slimy coach. I loathe Duke, of course, and I've never stopped hating Boston College with a passion. I live very close to BC now, and the students are the douchiest in the greater Boston area, which is saying a lot, with BU and Harvard nearby.

Though I don't live close, I second this. That, plus arseholes in their administration is enough to have a healthy disgust of the place. What a self-overrated school.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Butt hurt? Why……..not sure how that happens. I respect your point and it's fair the Yanks haven't won a lot but plenty for me over the last 20 years……recent history is not all there is for a 54 year old so 3 in 10 years doesn't impress me

It impresses the HECK out of me......................................
............................................................................................
If we are talking about Uconn MBB 04,11,14 :)

Reaction Score
so there's a lot less bandwagon fans on our side than yours and it ain't close. /QUOTE]

You have to be kidding with this, right? There are more bandwagon Red Sox fans than bandwagon fans of the Yankees? How can you even say that with a straight face? I would bet the Yankees have more bandwagon fans than just about every team in American sports.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Butt hurt is funny…….since Jeter has been playing we've had plenty to make us happy so only a Sox fan would hope we're butt hurt.

I think you just proved my point about Yankee fans changing their tune. Ten years ago could you imagine a Yankee fan saying they were happy just watching some old codger? Back then, they would tell you it was all about rings. Nothing else mattered, they would say. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's nice.

Reaction Score
I think you just proved my point about Yankee fans changing their tune. Ten years ago could you imagine a Yankee fan saying they were happy just watching some old codger? Back then, they would tell you it was all about rings. Nothing else mattered, they would say. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's nice.

It was never about rings, you just hate some of the tee shirts out there!

The funny thing is you saying "ten years ago"……..is that when success of a baseball team began to be measured again? How about we start from say….'96? Or maybe '75?

Too funny Waq…….Sox are better the last 10 years no doubt, but that's not when baseball started for many of us! Yankee fans are happy winning one every 5-6 years or thereabouts!

Reaction Score

I highly doubt that…..why would you even think that? They aren't the team people love anymore they are more like the Cowboys who many once loved but now seem to despise……... ask Red Sox fans who the worlds fav baseball team is……….:oops:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hats off to the long suffering Red Sox. They have 3 recent championships and are ahead of the Yankees 3 to 2 in 21st Century Championships. Good for you. It really is impressive to win 3 in 10 years.
However, In the twentieth century, we beat you 25 championships to 5.
In my life 11 to 3
During the life of a freshman at UCONN 5-3

And the Yankees won 7 Championships in ten years. It is an entirely different level of domination. And before you reach for the regular excuse, Yankees won 20 of those before free agency

Finally, 40 world series appearances compared to 12

Reaction Score
I'd like to be 38!

Wow intlzncster where did you learn math? reading above you learned that I was banging the captain of the Husky volleyball team (women's ;)) and Davida was the captain of that team….of course the co-captain obviously that I wasn't banging…….nonetheless that would make him 55 or so……….old bas***d

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wow intlzncster where did you learn math? reading above you learned that I was banging the captain of the Husky volleyball team (women's ;)) and Davida was the captain of that team….of course the co-captain obviously that I wasn't banging…….nonetheless that would make him 55 or so……….old bas***d

Best part about that is I was a mathematics major.

We don't do like that.

Reaction Score
1. Duke
2. Michigan State
3. Florida
4. Tie *Arizona/any B1g 10 School you want except Michigan
5. George Mason (sorry I don't forgive)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was banging the captain of the Husky volleyball team (women's ;)) and Davida was the captain of that team….of course the co-captain obviously that I wasn't banging…….nonetheless that would make him 55 or so……….old bas***d[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm 59 and it was Gavida. But I reclassified down 3-4 years waiting for Mau

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
OK, serious response to the thread.
1) Duke
2) Kentucky (Mostly due to the Squid)
3) Boston College
4) Syracuse
5) North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics