Top Most Disliked Programs | The Boneyard

Top Most Disliked Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Compiling a short list of disliked teams by fan base. Here are my 5.

1. Syracuse -Fans to coach an easy favorite for most hateable.
2. Duke- Much like Ex'Cuse
3. Kentucky- More squid related
4. Louisville- More Pitino related but fans can be douchey
5. Tough call on 5. Cinci/BC in my mind but more because I dislike them, I dont have a clear cut number 5.

Reaction Score
1. Syralose - that one is easy
2. Kentucky - I moved to Cincinnati 4 years ago, it's an hour from Lexington and right across the river from KY. Believe me when I tell you Kentucky fans are the WORST. No comparison for the most obnoxious and arrogant fanbase you can ever come in contact with. On par with Alabama football fans. Its been great to beat them twice in the final 4 while living here.
3. Duke - though I find myself hating them less...more so simply not caring about them as we win more. We are clearly on their level now, one could even argue that we've passed them by.
4. BC - they are totally irrelevant in sports but I just hate all things BCU
5. Providence - again totally irrelevant in sports but their fans are still super for some strange reason.

I can't hate Ville fans, they were really annoying during the ACC UConn v Ville decision but living in this area I see the inferiority complex that they live with on a daily basis with UK. I just feel bad for them. Same thing with UC < Ohio State and UK. UC fans are actually humble and they envy UConn's success. They are great fans of their school. Their players and coaches (Football and Basketball) are but no issues with the fans.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kentucky
Syracuse
Duke
BCU

I can't muster up any real dislike for PC because they are just so sad. BCU is pretty sad too, but they've done more to UCONN than PC has. I'm not sure there are any other programs that really register much on my dislike-o-meter... Certainly teams I would root against...

Reaction Score
BC - I hate every single thing about their terrible program and their terrible fans
Syracuse - Fans/Coach/Players are all insufferable

<Big Gap>

Kansas - used to actually like them. Now I enjoy watching them lose for some reason
Arizona - never liked them. Enjoy watching them lose
North Carolina - same as Zona

Duke and Kentucky I don't hate because we absolutely own them
Providence I really don't hate and actually kind of like. I'll typically root for all things Rhode Island

Reaction Score
Are we talking about most hated from the perspective of a UConn fan or college bball in general?

From my obviously biased UConn fan perspective:
1. Cuse: always hated them...grew up with them as our biggest rivals especially when we met in Big East tourney (b.s. in 2006, 2009, then we got them back hard in 2011 which was incredible. Add on the ACC crap and I hate them even more since they ruined college bball's greatest conference. Karma prevails in the end, 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPS)
2. Duke: I mean everyone hates dook...even though we usually beat them when it matters and I respect Coach K
3. BC: everyone's already mentioned how they're terrible at everything...ACC politics make them worse and they still think they're New England's top sports school
4. Rutgers: I know it sounds weird cuz we beat them at everything but their fans are the worst and they get a BIG10 spot over us cuz of TV reasons even though they're always making negative headlines like Mike Rice and that QB
5. Kentucky: like yeah, I guess. Obviously everyone hates them too. But the fact that we always beat them obviously does not fuel any ill feelings towards them. But yeah, they're fans are pretty obnoxious.

If it were in college bball in genera
1.Duke 2.UK 3.Kansas 4.UNC....5. is anyone's guess, UConn might even be there if you're jealous of our recent success/Cuse another option

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
1. Duke is our all time sworn enemy.
2. Kentucky is recent hatred . Their actually due to upset us and break are hearts due to the balanced laws of "mojo ".
3. Syracuse is not really hatred because we've been bullying them for their lunch money for years . And their pathetic .
4. PC- why bother .
5. BC - why bother.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2. Kentucky - I moved to Cincinnati 4 years ago, it's an hour from Lexington and right across the river from KY. Believe me when I tell you Kentucky fans are the WORST. No comparison for the most obnoxious and arrogant fanbase you can ever come in contact with. On par with Alabama football fans. Its been great to beat them twice in the final 4 while living here.
3. Duke - though I find myself hating them less...more so simply not caring about them as we win more. We are clearly on their level now, one could even argue that we've passed them by.
5. Providence - again totally irrelevant in sports but their fans are still super for some strange reason.

I can't hate Ville fans, they were really annoying during the ACC UConn v Ville decision but living in this area I see the inferiority complex that they live with on a daily basis with UK. I just feel bad for them. Same thing with UC < Ohio State and UK. UC fans are actually humble and they envy UConn's success. They are great fans of their school. Their players and coaches (Football and Basketball) are but no issues with the fans.
Try to find a Louisville fan outside the city limits. The state bleeds blue. If you happen to be one you must feel like Custer at the Little Big Horn.

Reaction Score
Baketball:

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. UK
4. PC/BC/St. Johns
5. UNC (only recently because of all their academic scandals)

Football:

1. BC
2. Rutgers
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BC - they are the great Satan. The fact that they are inept is irrelevant
'Cuse - can't forgive the backstabbing after they went to the ACC
Kentucky - the Squid, need I say more
Duke - count me among those who feel this dislike fading a bit after '99 and '04
Pitt - hated those dirty middle aged college players when we played them. Still kind of do.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
uconNYC said:
Baketball: 1. Syracuse 2. Duke 3. UK 4. PC/BC/St. Johns 5. UNC (only recently because of all their academic scandals) Football: 1. BC 2. Rutgers 3. Notre Dame 4. Syracuse

I have a hard time hating anyone anymore. Big east going away killed it.
Closest to hate would be exCuse but it is more just a feeling of pity now more than revulsion.
Used to hate Pitt when they had their run, interactions with their fans at the garden in the early 2000s fueled that.

Duke, I can't remember why I hated them. Success? Unlikeable coach? Well we had both those with JC so I can actually identify with them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Closest to hate would be exCuse but it is more just a feeling of pity now more than revulsion.
Used to hate Pitt when they had their run, interactions with their fans at the garden in the early 2000s fueled that.

Duke, I can't remember why I hated them. Success? Unlikeable coach? Well we had both those with JC so I can actually identify with them.

Least our coach wasn't a walking, talking, whining rat man.

I can't hate on Calipari (ok, kind of a lie) because we beat him so much. When he has "better" players. He'll always be a smarmy though. Shady too.

I'm with you on the BE thing. The wind just went from my sails. It'll take a lot to build up that animosity again. Though if we go ACC and play Cuse again, I'll find a small long smoldering piece of coal somewhere in the nether reasons of my cold dead heart and rekindle a raging inferno fairly shortly.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Dook anymore, they used to be Public Enemy #1 for me by miles. They don't win as much and seem to recruit on the up and up for the most part. I don't see K as a Calipari type, that is a big part of it. Plus, their fans wanted us in the ACC pretty bad.

1. Kentucky - Squid, #1 cheater, kids he gets are the opposite of UConn kids re: character/toughness (on the average, not outliers).
2. Syracuse - Easy to root against after Boeheim kinda took shots at JC and their fans are just wow, real jealous.
3. Louisville - they beat us a lot, they are always reaching in/hacking/playing Pitt basketball, not a big Pitino fan.
4. ACC in general.
5. Florida - I live here, their fans are the worst for me to deal with, most UK fans I know are pretty solid folks (but they don't live in Ky, maybe that's why). They seem to beat us in recruiting over and over again. I don't mind Donovan as much as I used to. Their kids seemed pretty classy this year, so I've softened a bit, they used to be #2.

I like all the small schools now more than ever and Arizona. I felt Sean Miller was classy when we beat them in 2011.

Reaction Score

I was just posting same thing while you posted. Agree wholeheartedly.

Reaction Score
Hate isn't 't a word I use.
Dislike or distrust maybe

Then is every single one of our former conference mates that excluded us from the last real Big East Tourney. They we are comrades.
Like The line in the movie Hondo
Where John Wayne's Indian friend puts a hatchet in a pioneers discarded desk and says.
"The scar in this wood will heal before the we will forget Sand Creek "

I will never forget last year

Reaction Score
The top disliked program is very simple: it's UConn

The NCAA hates us
Every team in every league we play in hates us
Every team in New England hates us
Every analyst (except Bilas) hates us
Our own beat-writers hate us (ok, only Jacobs)

When you're the best, everyone hates you

It's that simple....thank God we're the best

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score

I live in Cincy too and posted the same thing about sUK last week. It's no wonder they're such bad drivers. Its tough to see well when you've got your head shoved all the way up the Squids keyster.

Reaction Score

I'm the opposite, I hate everyone, now. Whoever's winning anything, I hate, but I have a special hatred, now for Cuse above all. BC's will return if they ever win a game.

All ACC after that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Cuse bb fans
2. Rutgers fb fans
3. Anything BC
4. Kensucky bandwagon fans
5. Pitt

Reaction Score
Ok.... when we talk about disliked teams, we need to use the universal hatred team monikers, such as...
Ex'Cuse, Puke, KenSucky, UNCheat, Rutgurlz. ;)
These are the teams I genuinely cannot stand, mostly because of the favoritism & their annoying fan base.
Well, maybe Rutgurlz doesn't get favoritism... ;)
Still trying to come up with a moniker for BC... Hmmm... Help me...

Reaction Score
1. Duke
2. Wherever Calipari coaches
3. Yankees
4. Niners

Only when their seasons end am I happy, regardless of what happens with my own teams.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Syrabuse : Not for the annoying nature of their fans but for enabling and covering up for a pedophile and then suffering no adverse consequences...they deserve any bad things that come their way.

KY: primarily because of the World Wide Wes assistance for recruiting, which is well known but never officially addressed by the NCAA and represents improper contact with an agent (limo rides with LeBron, Leer jet flights etc). Distaste mildly decreased because I suspect the Squid's recruiting program is no longer as dirty (momentum from prior success and his pandering to players (reference him criticizing his players for not taking themselves out when they are tired) and their desire to be one and done is likely the bigger positive factors in recruiting).

Dook: Elitist program (ref previous ad campaign where they said "we are just like the Ivy league except great at sports) and the way their players got away with hand-checking and were rewarded with outrageous charging calls...plus the extreme arrogance of Coach K. However, my distaste has lessened over time as they are not getting the same overly favorable treatment for the zebras (rule changes have hurt the Dookies) and K has mellowed somewhat.

Ohio State: Craft was certainly an annoying player but I don't care for their coach and their recruiting has also been sleezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom