Top Games 2Nite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top Games 2Nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
5 is probably what the SEC deserves, but of course Creme will still have them with 8 in his next update. Three teams have different messy situations, and Georgia and Arkansas should be just be out based on final conference record, last 10 record, and unimpressive portfolio as of now, though miracles can happen ahead. LSU also has a middling portfolio, is at #58 in Sagarin (Tulane who they lost to is at #42) and some very bad losses, but they have piled up 8 conference wins and knocked off KY and Miss St., and that will get them into the Tournament even if they were to go 1-4 in the remaining regular season games and were one and done in the SECT.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
LSU had been playing better since Ballard returned until tonight.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hopefully next weeks poll will no longer have Georgia and Syracuse ranked. They don't deserve it.

Reaction Score
Wilson has twice as many free throws as the entire LSU team tonight.

I'm sure this has been noted by zero SC fans watching.

Wilson said the main thing she learned from playing UConn is that she needs to get tougher and more physical in the paint. All the fouls were legitimate as she really looked to be trying to implement that lesson and was really battling underneath. Although she still spins around her right shoulder and goes up with her left hand 95% of the time she played much more physical tonight and with a lot of heart. She really seemed to be enjoying herself and maybe the lightbulb went off and this is the start of her ascendance. I think the whole team really looked sharp and focussed especially in the first half and played very disciplined, not commiting sensless fouls and just using their size and good positioning. Thanks for the lesson in championship level basketball guys. I am really looking forward to another opportintity with y'all in a few months.

And by zero SC fans watching, I am sure you weren't talking numbers because we had well over 12,000 fans there last night and lead the country by a pretty decent margin in attendance.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wilson said the main thing she learned from playing UConn is that she needs to get tougher and more physical in the paint. All the fouls were legitimate as she really looked to be trying to implement that lesson and was really battling underneath. Although she still spins around her right shoulder and goes up with her left hand 95% of the time she played much more physical tonight and with a lot of heart. She really seemed to be enjoying herself and maybe the lightbulb went off and this is the start of her ascendance. I think the whole team really looked sharp and focussed especially in the first half and played very disciplined, not commiting sensless fouls and just using their size and good positioning. Thanks for the lesson in championship level basketball guys. I am really looking forward to another opportintity with y'all in a few months.

And by zero SC fans watching, I am sure you weren't talking numbers because we had well over 12,000 fans there last night and lead the country by a pretty decent margin in attendance.
That is saying the right thing, but implementing it in the game is the tougher part. You can't just say "I'm going to be tougher tonight" and have it work unless you've done a lot of prep work in practices beforehand. So the question is, has she and the coaching staff all pulled together on this and said that they're going to do all the tough banging drills that UConn does and make her seek out the tussles underneath? I'm sure they do a fair amount of it in normal practices, but unless they're all willing to ratchet up the action, she may remain at a sort of "UTenn bigs" type of paint ability, and that won't be good, and it won't be getting her to her great potential. She does have two teammates who she can probably get a lot of advice from on that, especially Welch, who is a worker..

Reaction Score
That is saying the right thing, but implementing it in the game is the tougher part. You can't just say "I'm going to be tougher tonight" and have it work unless you've done a lot of prep work in practices beforehand. So the question is, has she and the coaching staff all pulled together on this and said that they're going to do all the tough banging drills that UConn does and make her seek out the tussles underneath? I'm sure they do a fair amount of it in normal practices, but unless they're all willing to ratchet up the action, she may remain at a sort of "UTenn bigs" type of paint ability, and that won't be good, and it won't be getting her to her great potential. She does have two teammates who she can probably get a lot of advice from on that, especially Welch, who is a worker..

That is true. I don't know what they focus on in practice or how much tough banging drills they do but I do know they understand the deficiency in that area and understand what it takes by the excellent example UConn demonstrated Monday night. It won't be an overnight fix and may be next season before we really see the results from focussing on that area of her game but I do know last night was definitely much improved.

One play she got blocked and LSU was about to run out and she turned around stripped the ball and put it right back up and got fouled. Another possession they got five offensive rebounds in less than 5 seconds finally ending in a foul. Dawn was not happy at the five missed point blank shots but got to applaud the effort under the basket in traffic. I know Dawn teaches toughness and maybe it didn't quite sink in until this week as they were still winning every game.

I am kinda glad we lost in Storrs as I don't think we would have handled winning well or had as much drive to improve and fully take in and understand what Dawn has been trying to preach to these girls all season. I am really glad UConn brought their A game as an example of where we need to get as that loss will make us much better at the end of the year than an unlikely lucky win would have if for some reason you guys didn't play to your full potential. Hopefully we get the chance to see just how much better we have gotten from refocussing and improving the work effort in a rematch that counts.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Dearica Hamby of WF with a monster game 36 pts 20 rebounds. unfortunately it wasnt enough vs BC

I can't wait to see Hamby as a pro. UNC's win over FSU leaves ND as the sole 1-loss team in the ACC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm at the game, but I felt my ears burning. It's halftime now so I can take a break from instructing Nikki to get back in her box. She's wearing a hideous school bus yellow smock tonight. ;)

To the game: Monday's loss has refocused us and convinced Dawn to stop trying to force the ball inside when it isn't there. Our outside shooting tonight is much improved and A'ja hit the first attempted 3 of her career. Are you guys playing tonight?

Edit: we're up 48-20 at halftime.
Did you happen to get any pictures of Nikki- I like to see and judge these things for myself.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Did you happen to get any pictures of Nikki- I like to see and judge these things for myself.
No real close ups, but she does appear in the highlights video from the Gamecock site. Thought she might be in the post game lineup but she must have gone by already.

Link

Reaction Score

17003846-large.jpg

This is only one I could find. It looks much worse we she stands up and it flares out.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Correct, I wasn't referring to fans in attendance. I had just seen enough complaining about officiating in the previous game.

Reaction Score
View attachment 8485
This is only one I could find. It looks much worse we she stands up and it flares out.
Yessssssss Nikki! That dress is everything! I LOVE the way she dresses! Her and assistant Tasha Butts alwaysss dress nice! How old are you people? Nikki is one of the most fashion forward coaches in the country. Its 2015....that dress is stylish.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nikki usually looks really good, but I checked out the highlights. You could see the "smock" was a little shorter in the front and longer in the back, and if one of the designers came up with that for the weekly challenge on Project Runway, they'd have been sent home. ;)

Seriously tho, she's one of the best dressers in WCBB. Mulkey could take some pointers for sure! Even Muffett with her leopard and leather skirts and what not...

Reaction Score
Ughhh i forgot about Muffet!!! Her and assistant coach Niele Ivey are always dressed to impress! I'd even throw Sherri Coale in there as well for being stylish. Mulkey....its a hit or miss with her all too often. Lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ughhh i forgot about Muffet!!! Her and assistant coach Niele Ivey are always dressed to impress! I'd even throw Sherri Coale in there as well for being stylish. Mulkey....its a hit or miss with her all too often. Lol

Coach Ivey is a quite impressive dresser. I had thought about taking a date to see ND play in the ACC tourney, but the more I think about it... that might be a bad idea :cool:

Correction, that WOULD be a bad idea :D

Reaction Score
Coach Ivey is a quite impressive dresser. I had thought about taking a date to see ND play in the ACC tourney, but the more I think about it... that might be a bad idea :cool:

Correction, that WOULD be a bad idea :D

Yeah THAT is what's keeping you from a bringing a date. :p

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I didn't get any photos, but imagine a yellow artist's smock. Her husband and I had a few words near the end of the game. For a former pro football player he has thin skin.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you.
A rose is still a rose even when wrapped in thorns. Nikki is still a dime even when wrapped in mustard????

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yessssssss Nikki! That dress is everything! I LOVE the way she dresses! Her and assistant Tasha Butts alwaysss dress nice! How old are you people? Nikki is one of the most fashion forward coaches in the country. Its 2015....that dress is stylish.
Old enough to appreciate Nikki and not the dress.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I didn't get any photos, but imagine a yellow artist's smock. Her husband and I had a few words near the end of the game. For a former pro football player he has thin skin.
Oh come on - you can't leave it like THAT! If you had "words", that's first hand knowledge and fair game for the board!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah THAT is what's keeping you from a bringing a date. :p

:rolleyes:

As long as it was only words ....... I would hate to read of a BY member getting pummeled by a ex NFL player :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wait are you talking about Huggy's Bear's son of Starksy and Hutch. You should have clowned him! When did they get married? Knew she had his baby, did not realize Nikki was off the market. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom