Top 5 All-time teams from each school | The Boneyard

Top 5 All-time teams from each school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I need help with this, because, I came up with these names, from off the top of my head.
Pretty sure about UConn, but not the other teams. So, non UConn fans, please feel free to help me out
With your all-time teams.
1. UConn
PG. Jefferson Bird
SG. DT. KML Sales
W. Maya Ralph
F. BS. Lobo
C. Charles. Wolters

2. Tennessee
PG. Lawson?
SG. Catchings
W. Holdsclaw. Hornbuckle
F. Parker
C. ???????

3. Notre Dame
PG. Skylar
SG. Lloyd
W. Kayla
F. ???
C. Riley

4. Stanford
PG. Starbird?
SG. Wiggins
W. N. Ogwumike
F. C. Ogwumike
C. Appel

5. Duke
PG. Gray?
SG. ?
W. Beard
F. ?
C. ?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Stanford's PG should be Jennifer Azzi. Stanford had a number of great players on their '90 and '92 teams.

I'd have to think about Marciniak vs. Lawson. Nikki McCray also belongs in the discussion for Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I need help with this, because, I came up with these names, from off the top of my head.
Pretty sure about UConn, but not the other teams. So, non UConn fans, please feel free to help me out
1. UConn
PG. Jefferson Bird
SG. DT. KML Sales
W. Maya Ralph
F. BS. Lobo
C. Charles. Wolters

2. Tennessee
PG. Lawson?
SG. Catchings
W. Holdsclaw. Hornbuckle
F. Parker
C. ???????

3. Notre Dame
PG. Skylar
SG. Lloyd
W. Kayla
F. ???
C. Riley

4. Stanford
PG. Starbird?
SG. Wiggins
W. N. Ogwumike
F. C. Ogwumike
C. Appel

5. Duke
PG. Gray?
SG. ?
W. Beard
F. ?
C. ?

IMO Bird over Jefferson until we see what MoJeff does this year.

Reaction Score
Duke: PG: Gray SG: Beard SF: Currie PF: Tillis C: EW (Bales and Black deserve mention)
I remember everybody except Curry. Would you say that Beard is Duke's best player ever? Do you agree with Dukes 5th place ranking?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I remember everybody except Curry. Would you say that Beard is Duke's best player ever?

Since Ive been following the team.. yes. I think Currie could have been if she didnt tear her ACL her 2nd season. Was still a great player for us though. 2 time All-American....... finalist for a few National Player of the Year awards. She played for Duke 2001-2006.... missed 2003-2003 due to the ACL. Probably cost us the 2003 title in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Tennessee:

1 Jolly, Marciniak or Lawson or Head
2 Catchings, McCray or Randall
3 Holdsclaw, Gordon
4 Parker, Charles or Ely
5 Anosike, Thompson or Snow

For how much Pat and Tennessee focused on playing their game through the post there really isn't any big time stars outside of Parker or Charles to come through the program. Holdsclaw and Catchings could dominate from all areas of the court though, with the 3 point shot being their weakness in college. Jolly fit the program perfectly and Anosike's defense capabilities were incredibly crucial for the 07 and 08 championships. Bridgette Gordon, Daedra Charles and Dena Head were all incredibly talented and definitely top 5 caliber players during their time.

Reaction Score
Tennessee:

3 Holdsclaw, Gordon
4 Parker, Charles or Ely

For how much Pat and Tennessee focused on playing their game through the post there really isn't any big time stars outside of Parker or Charles to come through the program. Holdsclaw and Catchings could dominate from all areas of the court though, with the 3 point shot being their weakness in college. Jolly fit the program perfectly and Anosike's defense capabilities were incredibly crucial for the 07 and 08 championships. Bridgette Gordon, Daedra Charles and Dena Head were all incredibly talented and definitely top 5 caliber players during their time.
Thanks for the insight! 2,3 and 4, would be a problem for anybody. Pretty much unstoppable.

Reaction Score
Tennessee:

3 Holdsclaw, Gordon
4 Parker, Charles or Ely

No Hornbuckle?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee
1 Jolly, Lawson, Bobbitt
2 Catchings, Head, Hornbuckle

3 Holdsclaw, Gordon, McCray
4 Parker, Ely
5 Charles, Anosike, Snow
3 point shooter Zolman

Reaction Score
I don't think catch ever played the 2....my UConn top 5 team is: Bird (MoJeff), DT, Maya, TBS, and Charles.

Reaction Score
I don't think catch ever played the 2....my UConn top 5 team is: Bird (MoJeff), DT, Maya, TBS, and Charles.
Scoring from every position. Unbeatable, that's why I put them#1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought this thread was a top 5 list ... not a top 7-14

Reaction Score
I thought this thread was a top 5 list ... not a top 7-14
It is. I was ranking the top five, all-time teams, from the best schools. Wasn't sure about players from other teams. Not limited to 5 players. I was looking for input and opinions.

Reaction Score
Since Ive been following the team.. yes. I think Currie could have been if she didnt tear her ACL her 2nd season. Was still a great player for us though. 2 time All-American.. finalist for a few National Player of the Year awards. She played for Duke 2001-2006.... missed 2003-2003 due to the ACL. Probably cost us the 2003 title in my opinion.
Duke has had some dominant teams over the years. It seems as if I'm overlooking some of their players. I know there has to be more.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not a fan obviously.... but UNC top 5

PG: Ivory Latta
SG: Tonya Sampson
SF: Charlotte Smith
PF: Tracey Reid
C: Erlana Larkins

Reaction Score
Not a fan obviously.... but UNC top 5

PG: Ivory Latta
SG: Tonya Sampson
SF: Charlotte Smith
PF: Tracey Reid
C: Erlana Larkins
I only know Latta and Larkins. This is getting embarrassing because I thought I knew women's basketball just a little more.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I only know Latta and Larkins. This is getting embarrassing because I thought I knew women's basketball just a little more.

You should be embarrassed :p

Ask some of your fellow UCONN fans if they remember Tonya Sampson. Charlotte Smith is David (the skywalker) Thompson's niece .... hit the game winning shot in the 1994 title game... actually dunked in a game... pretty impressive for a 6'0 player. Reid was a 5'11 PF..... a scoring and rebounding machine.

Reaction Score
1. UConn
PG. Jefferson Bird
SG. DT. KML Sales
W. Maya Ralph
F. BS. Lobo
C. Charles. Wolters

2. Tennessee
PG. Lawson?
SG. Catchings
W. Holdsclaw. Hornbuckle
F. Parker
C. ???????

3. Notre Dame
PG. Skylar
SG. Lloyd
W. Kayla
F. ???
C. Riley

4. Stanford
PG. Starbird?
SG. Wiggins
W. N. Ogwumike
F. C. Ogwumike
C. Appel

5. Duke
PG. Gray?
SG. ?
W. Beard
F. ?
C. ?
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned Abrosimova. Not sure where she might fit but lrsving her out just shows how any fantastuc players UConn has been blessed with all the way back to Kerry Bascomb.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprised that no one mentioned Abrosimova. Not sure where she might fit but lrsving her out just shows how any fantastuc players UConn has been blessed with all the way back to Kerry Bascomb.
You are absolutely right about Abrosimova, truly one of my favorites. Never saw Bascomb play, but I have heard of her. Which of the other all-time teams, if any, do you think could challenge UConn? Not sure about our defense against Teams 2,3 or 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom