Tonight, I met The Undefeated ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So now he's recruiting at the mall? Oh boy....:rolleyes:

Edit: Oh that's right. Wings night. :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was a 20 minute wait for a table at 6:00.
Good crowd but the Japan Greece soccer game was too loud. And when Diaco spoke they didn't turn it off.

We missed the beginning so I don't know what was said in the beginning. But he got to our table about 7:15. Took a picture with us. He thanked me for buying season tickets. Talked about high character kids.

Reaction Score
first time long time...

I met Coach Diaco last night at BWW as well. very down to earth guy- he gave me a "bro shake" while introducing myself. He talked about high character kids on his team and not caring about the star system on scout/rivals. He walked us through his recruitment process making sure that the kids have no issues off the field- he does his homework! Then we talked about how the kids on the team have changed in the last 6 months physically an mentally. For example- His starting QB lost 30 pounds since Dec! ( I think it's gotta be Cochran). He also told me uconn is in the developmental mode. finally I told him that the uconn brand needs to grow in stamford- he said were gonna change that. ooo and we talked about Louis lunch in new haven and pepes/modern/Sally's/Bar pizza. I think he was joking but he was gonna try to hit them up next week before the north haven BWW event. He took some pics and took time out to sign some gear for us! He's the man! and I truly believe that we'll be a better football team this year! Uconn is doing a great job making him the face of the program ( on the uconn schedules at Dunkin Donuts, doing the BWW events, going on channel 3, speaking at the bball games) . I can't wait for the first game of the year!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Good first post, Sprague03! I can tell you're quality because we come from the same dorm... ;)

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Good first post, Sprague03! I can tell you're quality because we come from the same dorm... ;)
Does that mean he makes good undefeated prediction for the coming season ? I'm goin to Florida in mid December and that's it!!!!!

Reaction Score
So now he's recruiting at the mall? Oh boy....:rolleyes:

Edit: Oh that's right. Wings night. :oops:

Back in the day, when Elon (North Carolina) University was a NAIA program, its FB coach used to hang out near Paris Island looking for large Marines about to end their active duty. Got some players, too.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
East campus huh? Often wished I could have lived there. I had many early morning classes in the AG and Liberal Arts buildings, and man that was a brutal walk in late Jan-Feb from my dorm, Wright A, in NW campus.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
East campus huh? Often wished I could have lived there. I had many early morning classes in the AG and Liberal Arts buildings, and man that was a brutal walk in late Jan-Feb from my dorm, Wright A, in NW campus.

Just like Sprague03, I didn't choose East Campus either. But I'm so glad that I got put there my freshman year. It was such a great feeling when compared with the rest of the campus, in my opinion.

I felt like I was in a place that was super-historic (like an Ivy College), with the buildings that had been on campus since the very beginning. The scenery of Horsebarn Hill was awesome, even if the smell sometimes wasn't. The population was a little more eclectic, which was cool to me. And I didn't mind the walk to the chemistry building, which would eventually end up being my major (although as an engineer in my freshman year, the walks were a little brutal like you said, mostly in winter). We had the pool hall in the basement, next to the work out gym and the puppetry studio (I think they may have moved the puppetry studio to the Mansfield Depot now). And the open quad in front of Manchester Hall was great for playing pickup football, ultimate Frisbee, or soccer games on any given day. And of course, we had the Dairy Bar and Store 24!

If I had to do it all over again, I would still pick East Campus over the rest of them, even with the knowledge that South is a much newer complex...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Sprague was ready for demo in the 60s. It does have character, though. Back in the dark ages it was all female as was Holcomb where my 1st UConn steady lived. I lived in the Towers which was a year old at the time. Anyway, I might be going to the North Haven BWW gig. Looking forward to it if the timing works out.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Sprague was ready for demo in the 60s. It does have character, though. Back in the dark ages it was all female as was Holcomb where my 1st UConn steady lived. I lived in the Towers which was a year old at the time. Anyway, I might be going to the North Haven BWW gig. Looking forward to it if the timing works out.

Ahh, the girls of Holcomb!...I married one... :D

Reaction Score
If anyone has time- I'd strongly recommend going down to North Haven, wear Uconn gear and bring something for Coach to sign. He signed a uconn mini helmet for us that we won in a prize raffle that night. They have some other good prizes too. I tried egging him on to see if he would talk about the Wilkins kid from Suffield but he kept quiet. Plus you can stick aroud for the nba draft and watch Bazz get drafted with other uconn fans- what's better than that?! I wish I was going again, but I'm out of state for vacation.

I met some of my best friends from Sprague that year and 11 years later we still talk on a daily basis.

Reaction Score
Who is in for North Haven? I know Loop is going. Maybe get a BY table and fight all night about unimportant things?

Reaction Score
Just like Sprague03, I didn't choose East Campus either. But I'm so glad that I got put there my freshman year. It was such a great feeling when compared with the rest of the campus, in my opinion.

I felt like I was in a place that was super-historic (like an Ivy College), with the buildings that had been on campus since the very beginning. The scenery of Horsebarn Hill was awesome, even if the smell sometimes wasn't. The population was a little more eclectic, which was cool to me. And I didn't mind the walk to the chemistry building, which would eventually end up being my major (although as an engineer in my freshman year, the walks were a little brutal like you said, mostly in winter). We had the pool hall in the basement, next to the work out gym and the puppetry studio (I think they may have moved the puppetry studio to the Mansfield Depot now). And the open quad in front of Manchester Hall was great for playing pickup football, ultimate Frisbee, or soccer games on any given day. And of course, we had the Dairy Bar and Store 24!

If I had to do it all over again, I would still pick East Campus over the rest of them, even with the knowledge that South is a much newer complex...

As a recent graduate, I can say that it is every incoming freshman's worst nightmare to live in East.

Reaction Score
So.......spoke with Diaco for about 10 minutes just talking football. Few things stood out:

1. The OL needs some work. He spoke highly of Levy. Look for Cruz, Mateas, and Samra on the interior with Paull a dark horse. RT......Dalton Giff will probably start the year there but keep an eye on Knappe.

2. Recruiting.......he is gonna recruit big kids who want to be coached and have no questionable character issues. He loves the kids he's been able to get verbals from.

3. Jones and Williams are gonna be STUDS. He's very high on those 2. Look for Vann, Ashiru, Stewart, and Hicks at LB and McBryde, Pruitt, Campenni, and Myers in the trenches.

Diaco certainly has the IT factor. Very personable and open. Take this info for what it's worth but it's straight from the horse's mouth.

Reaction Score
So..spoke with Diaco for about 10 minutes just talking football. Few things stood out:

1. The OL needs some work. He spoke highly of Levy. Look for Cruz, Mateas, and Samra on the interior with Paull a dark horse. RT.Dalton Giff will probably start the year there but keep an eye on Knappe.

2. Recruiting..he is gonna recruit big kids who want to be coached and have no questionable character issues. He loves the kids he's been able to get verbals from.

3. Jones and Williams are gonna be STUDS. He's very high on those 2. Look for Vann, Ashiru, Stewart, and Hicks at LB and McBryde, Pruitt, Campenni, and Myers in the trenches.

Diaco certainly has the IT factor. Very personable and open. Take this info for what it's worth but it's straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks! How was the turnout in North Haven and energy? I hope all this marketing HCBD is going to pay off for ticket sales, although I'm sure winning will play a big part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom