Tonight, I met The Undefeated ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tonight, I met The Undefeated ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
So..spoke with Diaco for about 10 minutes just talking football. Few things stood out:

1. The OL needs some work. He spoke highly of Levy. Look for Cruz, Mateas, and Samra on the interior with Paull a dark horse. RT.Dalton Giff will probably start the year there but keep an eye on Knappe.

2. Recruiting..he is gonna recruit big kids who want to be coached and have no questionable character issues. He loves the kids he's been able to get verbals from.

3. Jones and Williams are gonna be STUDS. He's very high on those 2. Look for Vann, Ashiru, Stewart, and Hicks at LB and McBryde, Pruitt, Campenni, and Myers in the trenches.

Diaco certainly has the IT factor. Very personable and open. Take this info for what it's worth but it's straight from the horse's mouth.
Thanks for the first hand report Jimmy. Makes things more real, especially for one of those people (me) unable to attend these kinds of things in person.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Me too!!! (Although admittedly, we both went to UConn at the same time and didn't meet until after college)

Wow! So three of us have married Holcomb girls, and one (Cohenzone) was happy to get rid of one. Uncanny...

Reaction Score
Thanks! How was the turnout in North Haven and energy? I hope all this marketing HCBD is going to pay off for ticket sales, although I'm sure winning will play a big part of that.
My brother and I were there. The turnout was great. If there was an empty seat, I didn't see it. They did a few UConn cheers, and they were loud.
I met Coach Diaco at the XL Center and talked to him for about 5 minutes. When he got to our table last night, he said "I've met you before". My brother almost fell off his chair.
The man is very down to earth. I can't think of a negative thing to say about him.
He treats you like you are important. No bullcrap lines.
You can see the effort he is putting into this team in so many ways. I hope that we as fans support him and have his back by being in the stadium on time, at the game from beginning to end, and loud....just like everybody on this board would have hoped a day at the Rent would be when they were building it.
He has my full support, and I can not wait to go home with no voice after we beat BYU!

Reaction Score
Care to elaborate?
The location is known for being far away from everything and the dining hall was weak. Somehow, it also seemed like a lot of weirdos got bunched together down there. I never lived there but the reputation is strong.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The location is known for being far away from everything and the dining hall was weak. Somehow, it also seemed like a lot of weirdos got bunched together down there. I never lived there but the reputation is strong.

Well, I'd be lying if I said that the population in East Campus wasn't slightly more eclectic than the rest of the campus demographic. But the "weirdos" population is greatly overstated. If anything, it just suffers from being a little more quiet and having a little more pot... :eek:

Reaction Score
Coach Diaco at BWW in Milford made the NH Register. I haven't seen pics, but I think there are some good pics of the event in today's paper 6/30)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Well, I'd be lying if I said that the population in East Campus wasn't slightly more eclectic than the rest of the campus demographic. But the "weirdos" population is greatly overstated. If anything, it just suffers from being a little more quiet and having a little more pot... :eek:
I lived in Buckley my first two years. Was in the UCMB and was a music guy so if you think East had some odd folks, you've seen nothing. Not only did we have the music majors but we also had the art majors and drama majors and the South Tower had the honors floor. I loved living there but it was always an experience! However, I would never trade those two years for another two living somewhere "normal" like Alumni, Towers, Northwest, or the Jungle....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I lived in Buckley my first two years. Was in the UCMB and was a music guy so if you think East had some odd folks, you've seen nothing. Not only did we have the music majors but we also had the art majors and drama majors and the South Tower had the honors floor. I loved living there but it was always an experience! However, I would never trade those two years for another two living somewhere "normal" like Alumni, Towers, Northwest, or the Jungle....

Amen to that!

Also, I used to date a girl in Shippee, so I was able to get the flavor of the southeast end of campus... :)

Reaction Score
first time long time...

I met Coach Diaco last night at BWW as well. very down to earth guy- he gave me a "bro shake" while introducing myself. He talked about high character kids on his team and not caring about the star system on scout/rivals. He walked us through his recruitment process making sure that the kids have no issues off the field- he does his homework! Then we talked about how the kids on the team have changed in the last 6 months physically an mentally. For example- His starting QB lost 30 pounds since Dec! ( I think it's gotta be Cochran). He also told me uconn is in the developmental mode. finally I told him that the uconn brand needs to grow in stamford- he said were gonna change that. ooo and we talked about Louis lunch in new haven and pepes/modern/Sally's/Bar pizza. I think he was joking but he was gonna try to hit them up next week before the north haven BWW event. He took some pics and took time out to sign some gear for us! He's the man! and I truly believe that we'll be a better football team this year! Uconn is doing a great job making him the face of the program ( on the uconn schedules at Dunkin Donuts, doing the BWW events, going on channel 3, speaking at the bball games) . I can't wait for the first game of the year!

wow, so HCBD was pretty honest with me before the season began while speaking about the fball program being in a developmental mode. Thinking back, I didn't realize he meant that literally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom