Tomorrow's game and weather | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow's game and weather

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's our arena, they should be thankful we permit their unworthy presence in it. Openly cheer for UConn.

Reaction Score
A guy from Marquette once got me tickets at Gampel and I sat behind their bench. I had no problems rooting for the Huskies. There weren't that many people from Marquette there anyway. Can't imagine there will be a lot of Xavier people there tonight either.

Reaction Score
Snow games are fun. I remember Calhoun against Tom Moore’s Q. We were up by like 40 points with 2 minutes to go and a fan (who he knew) yelled from across the court at the relatively empty XL - “call off the dogs”! Jim said $W$T$F$ do you want me to do (implying we are so much better we can’t help it) - then he took his gum out and threw it across the court in the general direction of the fan.
He sat down on the bench and waited maybe 30 seconds so no one would think they could tell him how to coach the game and put in the Walk-ons. Classic Jim Calhoun.

Favorite snow game - the absolute ass kicking that UNC got when they came to town in 2001/02 season. Same day as the tuck game - that was a fun game even though Carolina absolutely sucked.

Reaction Score
I know everyone is saying to root for UConn, but it depends on your relationship and whether you want to keep that relationship. If it is a staff member on the bench, or the bench would know who gave you the seats, acting too crazy could piss someone off. Nothing they can do about it, but you may lose your chance of getting those sweet seats again and get your connection in some hot water.

I had a similar dilemma for a UConn game vs. a "blue blood" enemy at a neutral site. My connection got top seats from the opposing team's coach whom he had a relationship with. He knew that coach was not cool with his tix being used for a loud UConn (or any other opposing) fan. I didn't want to screw over my friend or lose my chance at future tickets, so I wore a UConn shirt under another shirt and quietly rooted for our team. I still get ridiculous seats from that friend. Not sure I still would if I went full Husky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom