Tomorrow's game and weather | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow's game and weather

Reaction Score
UConn should look into this, providing free space with wifi for people attending games.
Anyone can use the library. Parking would be an issue though. Does anyone know what time the lots open up for 6:30 games?

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
I remember that game as me and my pops attended that game :) Us UConn fans really wanted that win after Nova blew out UConn in 95 the very first week that UConn every achieved the #1 ranking.
Correct. Lots of hype for the Ray and Kerry show. That was a huge game!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The wifi in Gampel sucks.
Having not been there in like 6 years until I went to the Creighton game I thought it was actually decent. Maybe an anomaly.

Reaction Score
Snow games are fun. I remember Calhoun against Tom Moore’s Q. We were up by like 40 points with 2 minutes to go and a fan (who he knew) yelled from across the court at the relatively empty XL - “call off the dogs”! Jim said $W$T$F$ do you want me to do (implying we are so much better we can’t help it) - then he took his gum out and threw it across the court in the general direction of the fan.
He sat down on the bench and waited maybe 30 seconds so no one would think they could tell him how to coach the game and put in the Walk-ons. Classic Jim Calhoun.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Got to be honest, I've actually had decent results with the wifi in Gampel. It ain't perfect but it works well enough. XL Center on the other hand...
Not my experience. One of the early buy games it was fine. Since then I cannot even get connected.

Reaction Score
Not my experience. One of the early buy games it was fine. Since then I cannot even get connected.
I have to reconnect a couple times a game so it's far from perfect but when connected it has okay reception. It's a significant improvement from 3 years ago when there was nothing but definitely room for growth

Reaction Score
My 7yo daughter’s Lego team of which I am a coach had tonight’s session cancelled. I’m not mad about it as it was in direct conflict with the biggest game of the year so far.

Reaction Score
My 7yo daughter’s Lego team of which I am a coach had tonight’s session cancelled. I’m not mad about it as it was in direct conflict with the biggest game of the year so far.

TIL that lego teams existed

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you can’t make it because of snow or other reasons you can contact UConnTickets on Twitter to donate them to a student.

For some reason they don’t do beer vouchers, weird.

Attachments

• D83D182B-E271-4835-9D3A-77CB05AB62BE.jpeg
    D83D182B-E271-4835-9D3A-77CB05AB62BE.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 95
Reaction Score
where is the best place to park tonight? I dont mind walking a bit. My go to was the south parking lot but that was on weekends.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
looks like noaa caught up to the ice possibility.

Winter Weather Advisory​

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
353 AM EST Wed Jan 25 2023

CTZ002>004-MAZ002>005-008>012-026-RIZ001-252200-
/O.CON.KBOX.WW.Y.0006.230125T1800Z-230126T0600Z/
Hartford CT-Tolland CT-Windham CT-Western Franklin MA-
Eastern Franklin MA-Northern Worcester MA-Central Middlesex MA-
Western Hampshire MA-Western Hampden MA-Eastern Hampshire MA-
Eastern Hampden MA-Southern Worcester MA-Northern Middlesex MA-
Northwest Providence RI-
Including the cities of Hartford, Windsor Locks, Union, Vernon,
Putnam, Willimantic, Charlemont, Greenfield, Orange, Barre,
Fitchburg, Framingham, Lowell, Chesterfield, Blandford, Amherst,
Northampton, Springfield, Milford, Worcester, Ayer, Foster,
and Smithfield
353 AM EST Wed Jan 25 2023

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations
of 2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds
gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of northern Connecticut, central, eastern and
western Massachusetts and northern Rhode Island.
  • WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 1 AM EST Thursday.
  • IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the evening commute.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
Slow down and use caution while traveling.

and for those thinking that im harshing on the game -don't be ridiculous. im only interested in what could be true, regardless of 'feelings.'
now, aboot these 40 mph upstate, and 50 mph downstate winds ....
im with huskyhawk and his prelude tales of yore, and i ain't in a rush to look for trouble, unless ur doing the driving. then, im all in.
almost every single accident that i've been in, starting with a few months after getting the license when somebody plowed into me, to the bunch of big ugly ones that later came, were in winter conditions. then, i learned the golden rule 'too fast for conditions,' and all that magically disappeared.
don't get caught behind me on the post road. i brake to let everyone turn into that road, like to look around to see what's happening, and generally just mosey on, and that's in good weather. bad weather? i ain't there, once again, unless you are doing the driving.
the crawl on the bottom of my page said 'rain coming' an hour ago, and now it sez 'mix coming.' duh. who needs them? any fool can go out in my yard, and feel the north wind blowin sketchy. whatever it is, it's definitely tuning up.

Reaction Score
We better frkn win. Going to the game with X alumni buddies. Already had to deal losing to them while out at a bar, can’t deal with it live. Silver lining is I’m driving. They’re taking an Uber home if X wins.

Negative tone above, but I have a feeling we’ll win going away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom