Tina Charles MVP! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tina Charles MVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't get around here much now, but... Is this fool for real, or just a tease?
tumblr_lrsm74Alvn1qafrh6.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Man, can you IMAGINE if we went to other boards and taunted their alumnae? Way to keep it classy, Uconn fans!! (I say that in all seriousness. We are a classy bunch, for the most part.)
The poster in question is not a UCONN fan.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tina. I may have been against this, but at least it's somewhat justifiable.

But it's foolery to give Sixth Woman to a player that shot 35% and had the second worst net plus-minus in the league.

Man, I hear ya, that would be like considering a player to be MVP when they have by far the worst net plus-minus of all the candidates. Now, who did you think should get MVP over Charles?

With the logical inconsistency you just displayed here how do you expect to be taken seriously on a neutral site, let alone a UConn board?

Ironic handle.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That is just fantastic. I will eat a ton of crow here. I knew she was good but I didn't think she would be MVP good. At the time I thought the Sun got the short end of the trade.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
A Dukie likes also.

Joy Cheek@CoachJoyGoDuke
Congrats to my best friend @tinacharles31 for being named MVP last night. Patience n hard work. Love you Lank!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The poster in question is not a UCONN fan.
I know! I was saying that Uconn fans are pretty classy, because I read a lot of message boards and very rarely do I see UConn fans being rude, especially about other team's players or alumnae.

U

UCONNfan1

I know! I was saying that Uconn fans are pretty classy, because I read a lot of message boards and very rarely do I see UConn fans being rude, especially about other team's players or alumnae.
There's some rough and tumble that goes on at the ESPN board - it's lightly monitored and I've noticed some UCONN and Tennessee fans really going at it. But the mods here put an instant stop to the idiocy you see over there (or on other boards), or the personal attacks. I'm still surprised when I see fans (whether of UCONN, or other schools) going at each other.

Especially for UCONN fans - given that in the next 3 years Geno and UCONN will pass Pat's all time NCAA-wins record, there's little for UCONN fans to complain about. I worry what will happen when we drop to the ranks of the mere mortals and aren't a virtual lock for a final 4 team any more... all joking aside, tho, we've gotten so used to a standard of excellenct that just continues to rise. 5 consecutive final 4's and a legit chance to 3-peat NC's in the next 4 years.

Just making the elite 8 is considered an expectation and at some point I bet UCONN fans will feel that NOT making the final 4 indicates a failure for the season...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'm sure some fans consider not making the NC the past two years a failure for the season :)

Reaction Score
Man, I hear ya, that would be like considering a player to be MVP when they have by far the worst net plus-minus of all the candidates. Now, who did you think should get MVP over Charles?

With the logical inconsistency you just displayed here how do you expect to be taken seriously on a neutral site, let alone a UConn board?

Ironic handle.

As I've already said, I wasn't for Parker as MVP. I had Catchings first followed by Maya.

Any criticism of a former UConn player apparently means you're a Tennessee fan on this board.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
As I've already said, I wasn't for Parker as MVP. I had Catchings first followed by Maya.

Any criticism of a former UConn player apparently means you're a Tennessee fan on this board.

You're not a Tennessee fan?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Nope. Bria Hartley is probably my favorite WCBB player...

Hmm. Well, I'll admit I don't catch every post, but I have caught posts where you defended "Tennessee," have not caught any hint of you defending "UConn." I have no problem with you defending "Tennessee;" stwainfan or even jmpenn do not bother me a bit for example, you know where they are coming from. Nor do I doubt DaddyChoc is a UConn fan. He defends Tennessee often, but there's abundant evidence he's a UConn fan. However, this is the first evidence I've seen of you not being a Tennessee fan; something self-proclaimed at a dubious time. It's also the first time I've seen you defend Catchings rather than Parker related to this topic, which could also be interpreted as convenient. Once again I may have missed all the supporting evidence, but call me skeptical at this point. Not that it matters to you, but I'll fairly look at your future posts with a skeptical but open eye.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Well, I'll admit I don't catch every post, but I have caught posts where you defended "Tennessee," have not caught any hint of you defending "UConn." I have no problem with you defending "Tennessee;" stwainfan or even jmpenn do not bother me a bit for example, you know where they are coming from. Nor do I doubt DaddyChoc is a UConn fan. He defends Tennessee often, but there's abundant evidence he's a UConn fan. However, this is the first evidence I've seen of you not being a Tennessee fan; something self-proclaimed at a dubious time. It's also the first time I've seen you defend Catchings rather than Parker related to this topic, which could also be interpreted as convenient. Once again I may have missed all the supporting evidence, but call me skeptical at this point. Not that it matters to you, but I'll fairly look at your future posts with a skeptical but open eye.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/whos-best-in-the-wnba.24114/#post-335811
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/race-to-wnba-mvp.24119/#post-339210

Is that enough evidence?

(Sorry for bumping this thread so late...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom