Tina Charles MVP! | The Boneyard

Tina Charles MVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well deserved honor just announced. It's all over the twitter world. I'm sure there will be plenty of articles. As soon as I find a link I'll post it.

I said it before in other threads. There was no one - not one single other player - who had a season as consistent or outstanding as hers. I don't know if the voters bought into WNBA.com's constant write-ups about it being a 2-person race between her and Parker, but I really don't see how it was even that close. I'll be curious to see how the voting went as I recall an article by Voepel (I think) saying Maya was her MVP choice.

Reaction Score
Woohoo!

That UConn pedigree has served them both well.

On edit:
I was going to say that all we need now is some recognition for Kara, but I didn't want to get greedy. ;) Now I see that she has won the Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award. Much deserved.

Reaction Score
Awesome to see Charles win the award.

Also, it just struck me the other day how similar Renee's game is to Jason Terry. It's eerie, really, especially now that Renee also comes off the bench.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Go Tina !!!!!!! It was not so long ago that Geno told the writers at his post game presser: "We have no post game."

Ever since that moment, Tina has gone nowhere but up, up, UP!!!!!

Congratulations to the newest MVP!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm impressed by her free throw shooting. She shot .637 at UConn, increasing over time from below 60% to shouting distance of 70%, but 80% is very impressive.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
yza5aqus.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tina has to get her shots to drop tonight...NY on big run. Go Sun.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Are people here actually going to The Summitt to read the subjects on threads?

Well, I never........lol.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Are people here actually going to The Summitt to read the subjects on threads?

Well, I never........lol.

Since that's all you CAN do it's frequently enough to provide comic relief Doggy ;)

Glad to see the Sun take the opening game. Hope this is their year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tina, Renee, and Kara.

And Maya finished 4th and Sue 9th.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tina, Renee, and Kara! Why doesn't Chris Paul (CP3) get any respect?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tina. I may have been against this, but at least it's somewhat justifiable.

But it's foolery to give Sixth Woman to a player that shot 35% and had the second worst net plus-minus in the league. The award falling apart pretty much signified how big of a joke it was.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tina. I may have been against this, but at least it's somewhat justifiable.

But it's foolery to give Sixth Woman to a player that shot 35% and had the second worst net plus-minus in the league. The award falling apart pretty much signified how big of a joke it was.
I wonder why you think it's a good idea to come onto a UConn board and show total disrespect to one of the former UConn players?

Just a word to the wise - it's OK to have an unexpressed thought or opinion.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I wonder why you think it's a good idea to come onto a UConn board and show total disrespect to one of the former UConn players?

Or taunt another poster 5 days after the fact as if on the schoolyard during recess? (See thread: MVP Tina Charles at it again)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Man, can you IMAGINE if we went to other boards and taunted their alumnae? Way to keep it classy, Uconn fans!! (I say that in all seriousness. We are a classy bunch, for the most part.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom