Tim Boyle to UConn, per Dez | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle to UConn, per Dez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dcge27xUHI2hAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

desmondconner
Xavier-Middletown QB Tim Boyle has committed to #UConnFootball - talking to him via phone now...
2/3/13 6:26 PM

With Dez's recent misses, not sure if legit...:p

Reaction Score
Well he was talking to him on the phone unless someone is prank calling him

Reaction Score
I'm a big TB fan. Think he has the raw tools to be productive with the right cast and system. I also love what I've heard about Lagow and think he'll do well here. Bottom line is we need depth at the QB position however it shakes out.
This is great news and I think Boyle Cochran and Lagow will all make each other better players. Watch out Chandler, theres tigers on your tail. Now lets get some more big blockers to put this thing to work.

Reaction Score
Great kid and player congrats guys. Wish him the best. He's your starter soon.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wow. All of a sudden we have some serious QB depth.

Reaction Score
Great Great Great News. With him and Lagow the future is sooooo bright. Those two can push each other to the max! Boyle is obviously ready for competition, I hope Lagow comes in with a chip on his shoulder and prepared to win the starting spot.

Reaction Score
Lagow has the size and he played football in Texas as opposed to Cochran & Boyle (though I like them both).

Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of Boyle's on-field antics. However, I think he has a chance to be very good...NFL good. I have seen both he and Cochran many times. I have only seen film on Lagow. I like Cochran's work ethic, he will be mentally and physically prepared for 2013. He's only 6', but he's smart, he's a leader, a winner, and he will work harder to make up for what he lacks. Boyle has the physical tools and reminders me of Dan O, physically. Tall, pocket presence, not very elusive but enough to buy time in the pocket. He has the best arm of the three. He throws a pretty deep ball and I've seen him throw lasers into small windows. Lagow is an unknown. He faced better competition then Boyle, certainly better then Cochran. He looks the part on film. Size, leadership qualities, looks like an athlete. However, his numbers don't say the same. His team was 5-6, he did throw for over 1900 yards but 8 TDs and 6 INTs on the season doesn't get me excited. He also rushed for -1 yard on 71 attempts. Those numbers against arguably the toughest competition a HS kid can face, also scare me a bit. He's already playing against D1 competition, that's not exactly lighting it up. I need to see it between the lines before I anoint him the next coming. I think the competition will be very exciting in the Fall. I look for all three to put in work this off-season with an eye on leading us to a 2013 bowl game.

Reaction Score
Love the fact both these guys (Lagow and Boyle) are coming to UConn. Kris1, take off your CT HS FB shaded glasses when assessing these kids. I think you're referring to Lagow's Jr year #'s, his first as a starter. i believe Lagow took his team to the TX HS state playoffs this past season, and led his team to a 7 on 7 state title over the summer. He can sling it. End of the day, great gets for UConn assuming they both sign.

Reaction Score
Love the fact both these guys (Lagow and Boyle) are coming to UConn. Kris1, take off your CT HS FB shaded glasses when assessing these kids. I think you're referring to Lagow's Jr year #'s, his first as a starter. i believe Lagow took his team to the TX HS state playoffs this past season, and led his team to a 7 on 7 state title over the summer. He can sling it. End of the day, great gets for UConn assuming they both sign.
We're on the same page. They are great gets and I'm glad both are coming in. But I wouldn't say 7v7 championships prove anything. There's no rush, it doesn't simulate real game pressure. It's tag football. I'd love to know how many 7v7 champs go on to win state titles.

And those are Lagow's stats for the '12/'13 season. They may have made the playoffs but they finished the season 5-6.
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/uP4isc0sbEieyDAWU_3lyQ/football-fall-12/stats-richard-lagow.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom