Ticket sales for Navy | The Boneyard

Ticket sales for Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just took a look. If the green dots are accurate, then maybe 35k sold. I'm not convinced they show all the remaining green dots in some sections however.

Reaction Score
I don't get the rush to create these threads. Is someone giving out cookies?
Just a curiosity question. I'm feeling guilty for not having renewed my season tickets this year (not for lack of commitment to the program but due to other funding issues) so I just wanted to see where we're at.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Green dots are not to be trusted! I recall a few games last year that the green dots were as sparse as the fans in the 200 sections.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Green dots are not to be trusted! I recall a few games last year that the green dots were as sparse as the fans in the 200 sections.
BYU Last Year....

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Didn't classes like just start this week or something? Maybe students will really show up in full-force to get away from the stress of back to school week?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Didn't classes like just start this week or something? Maybe students will really show up in full-force to get away from the stress of back to school week?

School has been in session for each home game. It started the week of Nova. With that being said, I'm sure that some kids hadn't gotten around to getting tickets yet, weren't sold on the team being watchable, or didn't feel like coming around until UConn played someone noteworthy. I'd expect a pretty good showing from the students this weekend...however, I think we'll have to wait for a Friday/Saturday night game until we see the students come in droves.

Reaction Score
Students have been pretty good first 2 games not concerned with them. I am concerned with who will be in the sections packed by the HS bands and P&W peeps the first two games. Filling that corner above/around the visitor corner has always been an issue unless Cuse RU WVa are in town. What group will be filling those seats?!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Don't trust green dots. The ticket office selectively disburses rows/sections to better spread out fans and make the stadium look more full.

On a slightly related note, I was pretty disappointed with the showing of Army fans. Hopefully the Navy fans represent a little better.

Reaction Score
Don't trust green dots. The ticket office selectively disburses rows/sections to better spread out fans and make the stadium look more full.

On a slightly related note, I was pretty disappointed with the showing of Army fans. Hopefully the Navy fans represent a little better.
Yeah definitely much fewer than I expected. Shouldn't be too surprised though. Take the cadets out the equation and we dwarved them at the stadium.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Right, because they probably didn't put big chunks or entire sections on sale. They try to funnel you together.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Right, because they probably didn't put big chunks or entire sections on sale. They try to funnel you together.
exactly.

so that probably means ticket sales are closer to 28k-30k.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'm a Rent Rat and I look across at the UConn sunny sideline and, on most weeks, it looks pretty filled in. I'm always surprised when announced crowds come in far less than what it looks like on the sunny side. I guess there aren't many of us Rent Rats.

Reaction Score
I'm a Rent Rat and I look across at the UConn sunny sideline and, on most weeks, it looks pretty filled in. I'm always surprised when announced crowds come in far less than what it looks like on the sunny side. I guess there aren't many of us Rent Rats.

If you sat on the sunny side you would see most of the empty seats are the lower bowl $$$ seats. It always is that way. I think the ticket office does this so the stadium looks full opposit the TV cameras.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If you sat on the sunny side you would see most of the empty seats are the lower bowl $$$ seats. It always is that way. I think the ticket office does this so the stadium looks full opposit the TV cameras.

I think it's just because season tix holders and other UConn fans want to be on the side of the UConn sideline. The other spot is where fans of the away team generally sit. Not totally sure though, you could be right.

Dooley

Reaction Score

I agree with you about the TV angles. I remember a US Soccer game years ago that they did the same thing.

Reaction Score
Which is smart. At Gampel it's the opposite, the most pricey seats are the ones right in line with cameras and are never full. Meanwhile in the cheapseat bleachers people are sitting on each other's laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom