Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Certainly agree that UConn didn't play well today. However, I'm not sure what it's like in other sections in Gampel, but I'm so tired of folks that clearly have never played ball at any level complaining about players performance, referee calls, etc. I get that some games are frustrating to watch, and today was one of them, but to sit there and complain about that stuff all game (not once in a while, ALL GAME) gets old. Seriously, stay home. No one wants to listen to morons that don't know the game spew their bs.

Reaction Score
There are as many people who agree with me as there are those who side with you.

Who possibly agrees with you? Find me someone who says Larry Brown is a mediocre coach. You sound foolish.

The dude build his reputation on two things: (1) taking doormats and making them winners and, then, (2) getting restless and moving on to another rebuilding project. His record is more a function of taking the reigns of _____ teams and making them winners than anything else. He is universally regarded as one of the best basketball minds around.

Reaction Score
Good stuff champs but Omar was horrific on D….first chance he let his guy go by him immediately and was bailed…if he can't make a shot he needs to stay firmly on the pine.

Lasan's defense has been real bad and I'm wondering if it relates to his offensive trend which is down? He also isn't boxing out anymore which has been noticeable…….needs to get back his passion for whatever reason!

Oh yeah and let's get one thing straight, Larry Brown is a great coach!;)………great mind!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good OP.

Giffey's over-helping on defense is driving me crazy, and must be coming from the coaches. You almost never see Giffey get beat straight up, one on one. He can pick up the point on the press and cover the 4 inside. Yet for some inexplicable reason, Giffey chases the ball around the court like my son's rec league team does. I can't imagine this is Giffey's idea, or that the coaches couldn't tell him to stop. For some reason, the coaches want him to do this. So all Brown or anyone needs to do is a skip pass to the other side of the court, and then a quick reverse back to Giffey's guy, and that guy will be wide open because Giffey has only got halfway back from the help defense.

Daniels is charmin inside defensively. I also don't get his lack of confidence in his dribble because I don't think it is that bad for a big.

Olander should have played more today.

Kromah can't shoot unless he is wide open.

Napier tries to do too much.

Boat has been playing very well the last few weeks, as has Brimah. My one criticism of Boat is that he never looks for Giffey.

This is not a great team, but there are a lot of guys that are very good at 1 or 2 aspects of basketball and can contribute. The coaches need to be tying this together a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom