This year is make or break for the 3-3-5. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

This year is make or break for the 3-3-5.

Reaction Score
Interesting that you think Joseph was great and Fatukasi under performed.

Fatukasi's job was to eat up blocks so that Joseph could make plays. If Fatukasi doesn't eat up two guys, Joseph doesn't look so good.

Fatukasi was probably the best player on the defense. He was a big part of the the reason that the rushing defense was 43 positions higher than the passing defense. He did what he was asked to do in the new scheme. It wasn't glamorous and it certainly didn't help his numbers. But he was a man in there, no question.
I wouldn't argue with that, a three man line puts a lot of pressure on the nose. My perception was he didn't make a lot of plays at times when someone needed to. Regardless, I still believe the two of them are the biggest losses, even if I think he could have been better.

Reaction Score
This stark raving lunatic posted he walked onto a D-1 program and left as ‘MVP’. He had professional offers in Puerto Rico but didn’t go because he knew he wasn’t an NBA player.

I mocked that the story he told is the same as 2007 NEC POY Javy Mojica - other than he did play professionally.

He’s now become completely unhinged because I pointed out he’s a fraud.
I’m unhinged?
Nah, I wouldn’t go there. I’m actually quite calm and stand by my entire life story.
You just got mad because you saw Hartford in my profile and found out I wasn’t from Hartford and called me a complete fraud after that. However, there was really no place for me to explain why I put Hartford brother.
My apologies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m unhinged?
Nah, I wouldn’t go there. I’m actually quite calm and stand by my entire life story.
You just got mad because you saw Hartford in my profile and found out I wasn’t from Hartford and called me a complete fraud after that. However, there was really no place for me to explain why I put Hartford brother.
My apologies.

You can’t even put together a coherent sentence at his point.

Completely unhinged.

Reaction Score
There is no inherent reason why a college football unit will be better if the players on their roster are worse.

As of today there isn't a single player on the defense who is an AAC average player.

This is a team that doesn't have a defensive line. Maybe the stats won't be as bad because there might not be a reason to ever throw the ball against them.

Whaler and I usually knock heads but unfortunately he is right on this one. The talent level is scary low. Either people are going to have major body transformations or some freshman are going to really have to step up big time! Hoping there are some surprise JC transfers or 5th year grad students out there. I never used to worry too much about the Defense but now I'm worried.

Okay, I will say it for you Whaler. I will thank my buddy, Bob Diaco and staff for this.

Reaction Score
This stark raving lunatic posted he walked onto a D-1 program and left as ‘MVP’. He had professional offers in Puerto Rico but didn’t go because he knew he wasn’t an NBA player.

I mocked that the story he told is the same as 2007 NEC POY Javy Mojica - other than he did play professionally.

He’s now become completely unhinged because I pointed out he’s a fraud.
You paraphrased my story. I didn’t go because my wife was pregnant and I knew my career would consist of chasing the Dream. I chose to stay and get a job and be close to my kid.
No regrets. And yes, I didn’t think I was NBA material. Pretty good mid major college bball player though.

Reaction Score
Whaler and I usually knock heads but unfortunately he is right on this one. The talent level is scary low. Either people are going to have major body transformations or some freshman are going to really have to step up big time! Hoping there are some surprise JC transfers or 5th year grad students out there. I never used to worry too much about the Defense but now I'm worried.

Okay, I will say it for you Whaler. I will thank my buddy, Bob Diaco and staff for this.
I actually agree with that point too.
Whaler had a good argument to make as to why the team could struggle next year.

Reaction Score
As the FNG - maybe you should tap the brakes a bit and get to know the personalities here...
I can honestly say I did nothing except post my opinions like everyone else does here. I never initiated any personal attacks on anyone. Took me by surprise but totally understand it’s the world we live in-chalk full of different personalities.
But just because someone is the way they are doesn’t make it right nor does it mean you have to accept it without rebuttal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can honestly say I did nothing except post my opinions like everyone else does here. I never initiated any personal attacks on anyone. Took me by surprise but totally understand it’s the world we live in-chalk full of different personalities.
But just because someone is the way they are doesn’t make it right nor does it mean you have to accept it without rebuttal.

Nothing like a fraud with hurt feelings.

I enjoy exposing liars and frauds - don’t worry you aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

Reaction Score
Nothing like a fraud with hurt feelings.

I enjoy exposing liars and frauds - don’t worry you aren’t the first and won’t be the last.
You’re funny actually
I’m gonna enjoy being on the BY and getting to know all the personalities as Medic said.
Go Huskies!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Since Whaler is never wrong and often confirms his predictions after the fact, is there a thread where Whaler could post his daily gambling tips? He’s a master of odds and never been wrong, so why isn’t sharing? I wanted in on shorting Tampa Bay. What other slam dunks are to be had?

We could be parlaying a bet to buyout KO!

Reaction Score
Since Whaler is never wrong and often confirms his predictions after the fact, is there a thread where Whaler could post his daily gambling tips? He’s a master of odds and never been wrong, so why isn’t sharing? I wanted in on shorting Tampa Bay. What other slam dunks are to be had?

I was actually too caught up in our fight (or how he would put it- him exposing me) and forgot to ask him for some tips!
Him seeing Tampa’s bad season from a mile away sold me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Is there a thread where exit 4 builds lame strawmen to burn down? Or should we keep doing that here?

I’ve posted two plays in the bowl thread - both were winners. You could have covered XMas if you were paying attention.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was actually too caught up in our fight (or how he would put it- him exposing me) and forgot to ask him for some tips!

UConn fans just don’t get to have nice things anymore.

Santa can’t even bring us ‘new’ posters who aren’t complete tools.

Reaction Score

So - you’re a basketball guy, have an almost identical story to that of the guy whaler brought up, and you never even heard of him?

LOL OK.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So - you’re a basketball guy, have an almost identical story to that of the guy whaler brought up, and you never even heard of him?

LOL OK.

He’s also not from Connecticut, but has dozens of posts on the recruiting board talking about attending high school games in CT this year and about CT high school football in general.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is there a thread where exit 4 builds lame strawmen to burn down? Or should we keep doing that here?

I’ve posted two plays in the bowl thread - both were winners. You could have covered XMas if you were paying attention.

Yes - looking back I see you nailed the SMU demise and the Temple win. What’s next? Plenty of games left... NFL too. I’m sure your own thread would be best, can’t let this stuff be bury.

As for straw man - there is nothing mythical pointing out that the NFL fate of many four and three star recruits may have been different had they played a notch lower with a little less talent around them. That’s not straw man. There were several points of view going on in that thread - not all of which I agreed with. It was never about choosing between Bama and Uconn, but rather Bama and Miss St or these days Rutty and UConn. Reps don’t make all players better, but for most that want to get to the NFL, reps are an essential part of the development process.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes - looking back I see you nailed the SMU demise and the Temple win. What’s next? Plenty of games left... NFL too. I’m sure your own thread would be best, can’t let this stuff be bury.

As for straw man - there is nothing mythical pointing out that the NFL fate of many four and three star recruits may have been different had they played a notch lower with a little less talent around them. That’s not straw man. There were several points of view going on in that thread - not all of which I agreed with. It was never about choosing between Bama and Uconn, but rather Bama and Miss St or these days Rutty and UConn. Reps don’t make all players better, but for most that want to get to the NFL, reps are an essential part of the development process.

The strawman is that I claim I can predict sporting events at a 100% rate.

Nobody knows better than I how hard it is to pick 53% winners against the spread because I actually try and do it.

As far as UConn goes I’ll take my historical predictions here and on the CR board against anyone who posts strong opinions. That doesn’t mean I think I’m always right - just that I’m right more often than most people.

As for that argument I never denied the 19th recruit at Georgia Tech might be better off at East Carolina or the 23rd kid at Arkansas might be better off at Memphis.

It was the ridiculous idea that players are missing out on NFL careers because they are recruited as practice depth at schools like Alabama and never get a chance. Wing completely blew that up with actual data.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Listen Whaler, you need to get a parley bet going to pay off the KO buyout. You are frustrating - but entertaining and seemingly far more than 54% correct.

I have not made the effort to look at Wings data just yet.

Reaction Score
He’s also not from Connecticut, but has dozens of posts on the recruiting board talking about attending high school games in CT this year and about CT high school football in general.
Again, my daughter goes to Trinity and I have colleagues that I’ve worked with where their kids have played high school ball in the CT system. These are die hards that have introduced me to the football scene in CT. I love HS football anyways and can tell you stuff about the Bosco’s, St Peters Prep and Bergen Catholics in Jersey, Tampa Catholic and Jesuit rivalries in Tampa Florida and Erasmus, Lincoln, Fort Hamilton and Boys and Girls in NY.
Seems like you clowns live your life in the CT bubble and cant seem to wrap your head around the concept of knowing things beyond the state you live in.
Clowns I say. Clowns.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

LOL OK.
Don’t tell me? You’re another one?
So let me get this straight. I join a CT football board full of guys who presumably follow CT sports and I lift a story from a guy that played (wherever you said he played) and create an identical college bio and try and pass it off as my own-insert scratching my head.
First of all his story, my story and every other walk on that persevered through odds is more common than you think. So I decide to lift 99 percent of the story and only change the fact that he played in PR and I didn’t and actually served that up on the platter to you guys as my story- again, scratching my head.
Third, so many guys that play college ball are offered plenty of opportunities to play over seas with The Superior League being one of them- again commonplace.
I do agree though. If anyone chose to lift a story like that it would be quite moronic and I just don’t get the motivation. Lift Lebron’s story or someone fancier. Lol.
Am I a basketball guy? Well, yes. I played HS and Division 1 College and my career ended there. I’ve coached and mentored Middle School kids in several states on the game. I’ve had the chance to play and stay in places that I wouldn’t have ordinarily visited. Had a great time and met lots of people along the way. Heck I even played against a college in CT in my hey day!
As a matter of fact, during HS we scrimmaged Trumbull High School while I was a senior. First time I traveled across state lines to play. Exciting stuff!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom