This year is make or break for the 3-3-5. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

This year is make or break for the 3-3-5.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I'm optimistic about defensive improvements so long as the following 2 things are true:

1) that improvements in the strength and speed of the young secondary from last year help to properly implement the 3-3-5 this year.

2) that an additional year in the system helps the decision-making ability to be much better in the secondary.

There is no question that we just took heavy losses in the front 6 to graduation. It would take a surprising performance for the incoming freshmen to be better than Joseph, Foley, Luke, and Cole. We'll need great performances from Sterling, Beavers, and Murphy. But in this 3-3-5 system, a noticeable improvement in the secondary will equal a noticeable improvement in the overall defense...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah you don’t get probability you should probably stop.

When they try to create a infomercial for Winston and you can still smell the stink through the TV it’s a bad sign.

When you’ve got the distant 4th best QB in your division that’s a bad sign.

When you’ve got a mediocre college coach as your head coach that’s a bad sign.

It’s funny to think how surprised you were every week when they stunk again.
Again, with those same attributes that you quoted they still went 9-7 last year and was the hottest team in football that nobody wanted to play. So I guess over the course of a 16 game season you gleaned that it was unlikely they would repeat that.
Uh, yeah. Keep dreaming bud.

And on the other side of the coin, the Raiders with David Carr, who I’m sure you would consider the opposite of Winston. He’s a true talent that was healthy. Great pass rush. Talented receivers. Veteran coach. And you probably predicted they wouldn’t make the playoffs right? I’d love to hear why you didn’t think they would. Please share

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Again, with those same attributes that you quoted they still went 9-7 last year and was the hottest team in football that nobody wanted to play. So I guess over the course of a 16 game season you gleaned that it was unlikely they would repeat that.

And on the other side of the coin, the Raiders with David Carr, who I’m sure you would consider the opposite of Winston. He’s a true talent that was healthy. Great pass rush. Talented receivers. Veteran coach. And you probably predicted they wouldn’t make the playoffs right? I’d love to hear why you didn’t think they would. Please share

I don’t beleive I had any opinion of the Raiders as they weren’t on an hour a week for a month.

I would have expected them to be better than Buffalo and Tennessee and be a 5-6 seed though.

Their coach kinda sucks too though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I answered your dopey question.

Are you Javy Mojica or are you just sadly pretending to be him?

Reaction Score
I don’t beleive I had any opinion of the Raiders as they weren’t on an hour a week for a month.

I would have expected them to be better than Buffalo and Tennessee and be a 5-6 seed though.

Their coach kinda sucks too though.
Ok I’ll step away from this topic only because I offered a bunch of “football” reasons why the probability of the Bucs making the playoffs were high and all you gave was Hard Knocks episodes. And to my earlier point because the Bucs happened to have a bad year you came out on the right side of the 50/50 guess and backed up your probability theory with reality tv stats

Reaction Score
I answered your dopey question.

Are you Javy Mojica or are you just sadly pretending to be him?
Sorry. Don’t know or particularly care who or what the reference is about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok I’ll step away from this topic only because I offered a bunch of “football” reasons why the probability of the Bucs making the playoffs were high and all you gave was Hard Knocks episodes. And to my earlier point because the Bucs happened to have a bad year you came out on the right side of the 50/50 guess and backed up your probability theory with reality tv stats

OK fake Javy. I told you why I thought the Bucs were overrated and would suck. Your stupid constant use of 50/50 shows how dumb you are.

Are you going to admit you stole Mojica’s biography or not?

You probably didn’t expect you’d be running your mouth to a Central basketball fan did you?

Reaction Score
OK fake Javy. I told you why I thought the Bucs were overrated and would suck. Your stupid constant use of 50/50 shows how dumb you are.

Are you going to admit you stole Mojica’s biography or not?

You probably didn’t expect you’d be running your mouth to a Central basketball fan did you?
Yeah. You told me. Because you watched Hard Knocks and saw that Winston was a fraud.
Sorry bud. That’s sounds like a guess more than football knowledge.
You can up the ante on your choice of words towards me but I won’t go there my friend.
Life is way too good for me!
Enjoy your day partner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Even more Golden. I don’t live in CT nor am I from CT. If he wasn’t significant in basketball then I wouldn’t know him.

Ah the ‘Hartford’ in your profile is fake too.

Shocker.

It’s weird Mojica walked onto a Division I basketball program and ended up league Player of the Year then playing in the PR league and for the PR national team.

Sort of exactly your story anonymous guy with a fake location.

So you actually are what I thought at first: A run of the mill dope connected to a recruit who doesn’t know the first thing about the program or it’s history. You added the twist of fake basketball glory to stand out.

Keep providing that insight from your fake playing days - that stuff is gold. 50/50 - lol.

Reaction Score

Shocker.

It’s weird Mojica walked onto a Division I basketball program and ended up league Player of the Year then playing in the PR league and for the PR national team.

So you actually are what I thought at first: A run of the mill dope connected to a recruit who doesn’t know the first thing about the program or it’s history. You added the twist of fake basketball glory to stand out.

Keep providing that insight from your fake playing days - that stuff is gold. 50/50 - lol.
Your first mistake was searching my profile and actually believing what you saw. I don’t bother checking anyone’s profile because none of that matters. The sad part is your nonsensical words to me were all based on your assumption that I was from Hartford. And that you actually did some detective work to connect dots that never existed is clownish to me. Shows me that you are as gullible as a tourist in Manhattan who’s about to give a shot at three card monte.
Again, I don’t know who you are and you don’t know who I am. But I always thought that was a given in these forums. And I never believed that people actually troll and try and figure out who’s who and verify what they’re saying. I accept what people write and either agree our provide counter points.
The rest of your post to me is quite frankly ignorant. I’ll leave it at that and wish you a good day, again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your first mistake was searching my profile and actually believing what you saw. I don’t bother checking anyone’s profile because none of that matters. The sad part is your nonsensical words to me were all based on your assumption that I was from Hartford. And that you actually did some detective work to connect dots that never existed is clownish to me. Shows me that you are as gullible as a tourist in Manhattan who’s about to give a shot at three card monte.
Again, I don’t know who you are and you don’t know who I am. But I always thought that was a given in these forums. And I never believed that people actually troll and try and figure out who’s who and verify what they’re saying. I accept what people write and either agree our provide counter points.
The rest of your post to me is quite frankly ignorant. I’ll leave it at that and wish you a good day, again.

You are a fraud and such a loser you have to make up a resume to make your idiotic takes seem important.

Lying about past athletic glory on a message board. What a clown.

Reaction Score

Shocker.

And btw Mr. Troll being from CT isn’t the only way to be connected to a program that exists in CT.
Not sure if you knew that. I am well aware of the RE1 days. And lots of people in my industry that I’ve been in for umpteen years actually live in CT and have donated to CT sports AND have kids that play in CT sports that I’m very fond of and whom I support. AND perhaps there are people who have family members that have actually gone to UConn that perhaps were managers for the iconic WBB team while they were there and you hear the excitement in their voices when you speak to them about their experience being so close to such a great coach and program which then doubles down on your growing love for the program across their sports landscape!
Got that Detective?

Reaction Score
You are a fraud and such a loser you have to make up a resume to make your idiotic takes seem important.

Actually none of that was a lie. I’m sorry if my story sounds eerily similar to someone that you may have known or heard of. I’m not of Puerto Rican decent so I would have gone to play there as one of the American allotments. Maybe your detective work would have been easier had there been a box in the profile asking for ethnicity? I always check the truth there as I’m quite proud of my heritage. But you would have seen that sadly I could not have been who you thought I was Detective.
Hehe

Ps. I love speaking with people that can’t hold a simple conversation filled with disagreement and counter arguments long enough before the expletives and insults start.
Sad what this world has come to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And btw Mr. Troll being from CT isn’t the only way to be connected to a program that exists in CT.
Not sure if you knew that. I am well aware of the RE1 days. And lots of people in my industry that I’ve been in for umpteen years actually live in CT and have donated to CT sports AND have kids that play in CT sports that I’m very fond of and whom I support. AND perhaps there are people who have family members that have actually gone to UConn that perhaps were managers for the iconic WBB team while they were there and you hear the excitement in their voices when you speak to them about their experience being so close to such a great coach and program which then doubles down on your growing love for the program across their sports landscape!
Got that Detective?

Ok Mr Fraud.

Wow you know someone who was a manager for the women’s basketball team?

That’s amazing! That should really give your illogical posts a lot of weight!

Reaction Score

Oh and Btw, my beautiful daughter happens to be a sophomore at Trinity hence why I put Hartford in my profile. There’s lots of love and significance for me in Hartford.

That’s why I got a kick out of the back and forth about the Nescac schools and the poo pooing on Trinity because I wanted to say yeah, my daughter hates it there too and says it sucks. lol.
She got into Conn College and said she should have gone there.
I thought there campus was much nicer as it sits on the water.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually none of that was a lie. I’m sorry if my story sounds eerily similar to someone that you may have known or heard of. I’m not of Puerto Rican decent so I would have gone to play there as one of the American allotments. Maybe your detective work would have been easier had there been a box in the profile asking for ethnicity? I always check the truth there as I’m quite proud of my heritage. But you would have seen that sadly I could not have been who you thought I was Detective.
Hehe

Ps. I love speaking with people that can’t hold a simple conversation filled with disagreement and counter arguments long enough before the expletives and insults start.
Sad what this world has come to.

I didn’t do any detective work to determine you are a loser fraud.

It was obvious from the first time you posted it.

I just let it go until your posts became especially moronic.

Reaction Score
Ok Mr Fraud.

Wow you know someone who was a manager for the women’s basketball team?

That’s amazing! That should really give your illogical posts a lot of weight!
Guess that was the only party of my post you read. There was much more in there actually. And I also know a handful of the players from the glory days. Lots of reasons why I’m a fan

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no idea what whaler is talking about but I just made some popcorn.

This stark raving lunatic posted he walked onto a D-1 program and left as ‘MVP’. He had professional offers in Puerto Rico but didn’t go because he knew he wasn’t an NBA player.

I mocked that the story he told is the same as 2007 NEC POY Javy Mojica - other than he did play professionally.

He’s now become completely unhinged because I pointed out he’s a fraud.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom