This UConn RA should be expelled........... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This UConn RA should be expelled...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was an awfully stupid and I'm guessing Derek is very impressed with Derek, but the entire internet doesn't have to pile up on him.

Derek should go ahead and have a couple of jello shots tonight.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Now its going to turn ugly another way, and I hate to see that too. Im on another message board where they've already dug up his full name and photo. His facebook account is next and all that info will be on reddit in a minute (if it not already is). He's in big trouble.

The kid is a douchenozzle and made a mistake, and now he is going to pay a HEAVY real life price. I like having fun on the web (see opening post), but I hate to see someone's life turned upside down over it.

Man, Im glad there was no internet to hold me accountable for my mistakes when I was in school!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This kid is the worst kind of a hole... Last semester he wrote me an my roommate up for having red solo cups in our room. No alcohol, just "binge drinking paraphanelia". Huge loser who gets high on the power. I hope he reads this, too.

That's light. Around here, the penalty for 'red' solo cups is much more severe.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I hope every resident in North f-cks with this butthurt nerd clown at some point in these last few weeks of the year.

Reaction Score
I get the sense Derek can sniff out the feeling of human joy from 50 yards away and extinguish it with a single glance.
dwightwide.jpg

1365269570564.jpg

Reaction Score
This kid is the worst kind of a hole... Last semester he wrote me an my roommate up for having red solo cups in our room. No alcohol, just "binge drinking paraphanelia". Huge loser who gets high on the power. I hope he reads this, too.
Nick does this kid have any school pride? I seriously hope you made his yr a living hell!

Reaction Score
Wow. When I went UConn (back in the day), you would get written up for NOT having red solo cups. . .

Edit: Although, in fairness we would drink out of a boot, if duty called. We were pretty innovative back then.

Reaction Score
and flogged, and hanged, and flayed, and made to sit with his hands tied behind his head after Senhor Testiculo sits on his face after running 50 miles.

What a JERK!

BkowPxHIIAAtjCX.jpg
I Hear the RAs pain. My girlfriend just texted me moments ago and she said she is in mandatory RA duty for Alumni Quad even though she has an exam review tonight and exam tomorrow. Basically, she is fuc k ed. Prior to that announcement she was fairly enthusiastic about the whole situation and the possibility of dual championships... Now? She's c king pissed and couldn't care less about the game or outcome. Its pretty fuc k ed up that they randomly demand from RA to be on duty with no prior announcement (24hr turnover). I know its their job, but really. How pissed would you be if on the biggest night you on campus when people tend to go nuts, and you had to work with no reasonable early announcement? when you have an important exam and people will likely be destructive, party all night on a Monday? The RAs have a point and have a reason to be fustrated. As much as I bash on my girlfriend for not being into sports as much as I'm I gotta agree with her on this one. Luckily, my girlfriend is much more chilled about than this guy who is likely going to get more trouble for writing such a note. She's smarter than that and will probably no write anyone up for tonight. Who the c k dares to go against the crowd. This kid is gonna have a rough night and will probably be pranked for the rest of the school year

... With that said. The show must go on. "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep these huskies from partying tonight"

I'll be watching from home with her dad. LETS GO CONNECTICUT!

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
ecasadoSBU said:
I Hear the RAs pain. My girlfriend just texted me moments ago and she said she is in mandatory RA duty for Alumni Quad even though she has an exam review tonight and exam tomorrow. Basically, she is ed. Prior to that announcement she was fairly enthusiastic about the whole situation and the possibility of dual championships... Now? She's c king pissed and couldn't care less about the game or outcome. Its pretty ed up that they randomly demand from RA to be on duty with no prior announcement (24hr turnover). I know its their job, but really. How pissed would you be if on the biggest night you on campus when people tend to go nuts, and you had to work with no releasable early announcement? when you have an important exam and people will likely be destructive, party all night on a Monday? The RAs have a point and have a reason to be fustrated. As much as I bash on my girlfriend for not being into sports as much as I'm I gotta agree with her on this one. ... With that said. The show must go on. "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep these huskies from partying tonight" I'll be watching from home with her dad. LETS GO CONNECTICUT!

Sounds to me like your girl and Derek are a better match, I'd be a little scared.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Derek never would have made it back in the 1970s.
Thats what I was thinking! He would have been cringing in the corner were he my RA back at Central.

Have things changed THAT MUCH in the 30 years I've been out of school?

Reaction Score
I Hear the RAs pain. My girlfriend just texted me moments ago and she said she is in mandatory RA duty for Alumni Quad even though she has an exam review tonight and exam tomorrow. Basically, she is ed. Prior to that announcement she was fairly enthusiastic about the whole situation and the possibility of dual championships... Now? She's c king pissed and couldn't care less about the game or outcome. Its pretty ed up that they randomly demand from RA to be on duty with no prior announcement (24hr turnover). I know its their job, but really. How pissed would you be if on the biggest night you on campus when people tend to go nuts, and you had to work with no releasable early announcement? when you have an important exam and people will likely be destructive, party all night on a Monday? The RAs have a point and have a reason to be fustrated. As much as I bash on my girlfriend for not being into sports as much as I'm I gotta agree with her on this one. Luckily, my girlfriend is much more chilled about than this guy who is likely going to get more trouble for writing such a note. She's smarter than that and will probably no write anyone up for tonight. Who the c k dares to go against the crowd. This kid is gonna have a rough night and will probably be pranked for the rest of the school year

... With that said. The show must go on. "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep these huskies from partying tonight"

I'll be watching from home with her dad. LETS GO CONNECTICUT!

Tell her to be ready when we beat Stoney Brook this fall. I expect major couch burning. SBU is going down! :rolleyes:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Now there is no doubt that Storrs will be burnt to the ground when we win. Good job RA Derek.

Reaction Score
If he just leaves his head up his b u t t, he'll have plenty of quiet time.

Reaction Score
Well it proves that some people other than in China won't be watching the game. Just putting things in perspective for us fanatics, folks.

Hell I'm watching the game in the bedroom (where are nice TV is) and my wife will be asleep by halftime. You think she's gonna tell me to whisper or keep it down. I may be in court tomorrow, but no one stops me from cheering on my Huskies!

Reaction Score
Let's have a little more compassion for him. He is just trying to do his job and meet expectations. Should we also tell the police: "Hey, just this one time let me flip this car over"? I'm as passionate and excited as anybody else, but we should celebrate in a civil and responsible way. My only comment on him is that he could've chosen his words a bit more wisely.
Wow, really ? Derek Downer's kid brother Vuder Loser

Reaction Score
How times have changed. My freshman year, the RA smoked as much weed as anyone else on our floor. Hint: A LOT.
DING. Same here. Virginia Tech 1987

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think the "have fun, but not too much fun" thing is dumb. Something like "Have fun, be smart, and be safe" would have been more appropriate. This guy does come off as a bit selfish.
Our motto that year was: Mature. Discreet.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember when my sister went to UConn that there were a cadre of students who resented the attention and resources the sports programs commanded. The RA sounds like one of those types. In addition, he clearly either doesn't understand how his own words make him look, or he's an ass who wants to get some digs in on the sports fans he resents. I feel bad for him either way.
Well, if that were the case, you'd think they would at least get the fact that the UConn 2000 project, and the MILLIONS of dollars sunk into the university in the last decade or so, would never have happened if not for the men's and women's basketball programs. How many of the buildings on campus HAVEN'T been touched since then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom