This UConn RA should be expelled........... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This UConn RA should be expelled...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is the worst kind of a hole... Last semester he wrote me an my roommate up for having red solo cups in our room. No alcohol, just "binge drinking paraphanelia". Huge loser who gets high on the power. I hope he reads this, too.

I thought the syringes and rubber hoses at my daughter's 7th birthday party would be excessive, but now I know that what really upset parents were the plastic cups.

Reaction Score
Hey Derek get you blanket, put your thumb in your mouth and suck on it in the corner. There's always a nerd or some other who doesn't get it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I remember a flaming couch coming out of the jungle for the NIT, we somehow survived.
Let's have a little more compassion for him. He is just trying to do his job and meet expectations. Should we also tell the police: "Hey, just this one time let me flip this car over"? I'm as passionate and excited as anybody else, but we should celebrate in a civil and responsible way. My only comment on him is that he could've chosen his words a bit more wisely.

So in your opinion is every other RA on campus failing at their duties by not providing the same message?

Reaction Score
This kid is the worst kind of a hole... Last semester he wrote me an my roommate up for having red solo cups in our room. No alcohol, just "binge drinking paraphanelia". Huge loser who gets high on the power. I hope he reads this, too.

You sure you didn't get written up because the cups weren't blue????

Reaction Score
I remember a flaming couch coming out of the jungle for the NIT, we somehow survived.

So in your opinion is every other RA on campus failing at their duties by not providing the same message?
I am not saying that at all. Listen, I don't disagree that the way he worded his e-mail makes him come off as a buzzkill. I tend to have a little more compassion for these folks because they have pretty difficult jobs. I've had friends who are RAs, and the they go through is pretty ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Let's have a little more compassion for him. He is just trying to do his job and meet expectations. Should we also tell the police: "Hey, just this one time let me flip this car over"? I'm as passionate and excited as anybody else, but we should celebrate in a civil and responsible way. My only comment on him is that he could've chosen his words a bit more wisely.

I think you missed the point, there's a big difference between flipping over a car and watching a game loudly in your dorm room.

Reaction Score
Let's just put it this way: I will not be a proud alumni if we make the news tomorrow for cars being flipped over and benchs being burned in a bon fire. We are better than that.

Reaction Score
I think you missed the point, there's a big difference between flipping over a car and watching a game loudly in your dorm room.

Sure, I agree with that. I chose an extreme to highlight a point about campus safety. If I were an RA, I would have written that letter much differently.

August_West

Reaction Score
Let's just put it this way: I will not be a proud alumni if we make the news tomorrow for cars being flipped over and benchs being burned in a bon fire. We are better than that.

I'm inclined to agree with that.

Reaction Score
and flogged, and hanged, and flayed, and made to sit with his hands tied behind his head after Senhor Testiculo sits on his face after running 50 miles.

What a JERK!

How times have changed. My freshman year, the RA smoked as much weed as anyone else on our floor. Hint: A LOT.

Reaction Score
I love the "rooting for laundry" comment, especially since he's using it in the ONE circumstance where it doesn't apply.

Rooting for pro teams whose players switch allegiances year after year is "rooting for laundry."

Rooting for your fellow students who stuck it out for three or four years, through hard times, is the exact opposite.

Reaction Score
Let's have a little more compassion. He is just trying to do his job and meet expectations. Should we also tell the police: "Hey, just this one time let me flip this car over"? I'm as passionate and excited as anybody else, but we should celebrate in a civil and responsible way. My only comment on him is that he could've chosen his words a bit more wisely.

I was an RA at UConn back in the 80's. You can do your job without
being a buzzkill. I had a great time with the guys on my floor.

Derek is an a hole.

Reaction Score
I was an RA at UConn back in the 80's. You can do your job without
being a buzzkill. I had a great time with the guys on my floor.

Derek is an a hole.

Yeah, I think the "have fun, but not too much fun" thing is dumb. Something like "Have fun, be smart, and be safe" would have been more appropriate. This guy does come off as a bit selfish.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think the "have fun, but not too much fun" thing is dumb. Something like "Have fun, be smart, and be safe" would have been more appropriate. This guy does come off as a bit selfish.

Even the quote above isn't what gets me. It is the attitude that he is above watching such a petty sporting event, and has a condescending attitude toward anyone who does.

Hey, sports is not everyone's cup of tea, I get it, and that's fine! But this isn't pro sports, you are a student at a university and your peers are playing for a national title. If you can't get into the spirit of that:
a) I feel tragically sorry for you
b) at least understand why it is important to your fellow students without being a condescending douchenozzle.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Get to bed early TCF15. Time to go nighty night.

Now you couldn't come up with something better than what you posted. Wow your not such a witty individual

No GUTS = NO GLORY !!!!!!!!!

Go Huskies !!!!!!!!

Again I want sunglasses -------------------------------

Has anyone ever told you that your posts read like the maniacal scribbling and code-talk written by the Zodiac?

Reaction Score
I seem to remember when my sister went to UConn that there were a cadre of students who resented the attention and resources the sports programs commanded. The RA sounds like one of those types. In addition, he clearly either doesn't understand how his own words make him look, or he's an ass who wants to get some digs in on the sports fans he resents. I feel bad for him either way.

Reaction Score
It's like sending an email/letter to a tsunami.
You can't stop it!

Reaction Score
And from now to ever more, let him be annointed Derek the D o u c h e bag, Earl of Buzzkill.

All hail Derek!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sounds like shabazz stole his girlfriend

dang-harrison-just-stole-my-girl-again.jpg

Reaction Score
Derek is purposely antagonizing the very same students for whom he has accepted responsiblity. I don't think he should be expelled, but he clearly has the wrong job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc