This team is surprisingly good at 'closing the deal' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This team is surprisingly good at 'closing the deal'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A foul flatulent foul is famously foul. Flatulence caused by a blow to the throat, while unusual, is also not usual. Flatulence produced by refs is, however, usual. :rolleyes:

This just tickle my funny bone--loudly. Thanks--fantastic humor!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
And Geno chewing out Gabby during a timeout with 20 secs left for taking a bad shot is the essence of what makes this team, this program, great. Also, yes, I will admit to a little bit of gloating, a little selfishness, a feeling of being avenged. I'll apologize now. But every time UConn beats a team with players Geno recruited hard like Turner and Ogunbowale of ND or Cox of Baylor or Wilson of SC I say to myself, tough luck ladies. Most of you would have had your championship now, but you chose otherwise. Selfish self satisfaction.

First of all JordyG, you're not alone in your thinking.
I know what you mean (what you're feeling). There's something deep down inside of you that says..............yeah!!! When UConn beats an opponent with players Geno really really wanted. Cab you imagine this UConn team with Ogunbowale and Turner? SMH. They could forego the tournament, and just give us the NC trophy now, instead of waiting until April to hand it to the Huskies. He also really wanted Asia Durr (Louisville) too.

I sometimes wonder to myself how many players that did go else where, later (secretly) wished they had come to Storrs instead? 99.9% of them didn't win a championship. Most would be happy with 1. You know it had to make them ill, to see the BIG 3 win 4, knowing that had they chose to come here, they would have won multiple NC's. Players choose to go else where for different reasons. You make a choice, and live with it.

I was looking at a picture of Lou and Napheesa last week. They were both laughing hard, and seemed to really be enjoying the moment. I thought to myself, boy, they sure look happy, and glad they choose to join the UConn family. Obviously THEY made the right choice, and we're ALL glad they did. :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Turner has a great BB body but (to date) has not displayed overwhelming smarts nor desire, especially on D and rebounding.

The Irish faithful are cutting her a little slack due to her never-ending shoulder issues, but the difference in both effort and results as compared to substantially diminutive Gabby was a shock to the Notre Dame community.

Ms Ogunbowale is a wonderful talent (though I'm not convinced that I'd trade her even-up for Ms Dangerfield) who tends to become (what we used to call in the Bronx) a chucker, when the going gets rough...not exactly Ms Muffet's style.
There will be days when most of those shots (misguided or not) go in...but this was not one of those days.

Speaking of chucker's; Marina of the famous last name is another one; took some god-awful shots and in her frustration, turned into a South Jersey mafioso mol with her little karate chop to Gary's windpipe...

She should have been excluded from the game for that little episode. I forget who (in the NBA of yore) was splendid at retribution; An offending opponent would be mysteriously writhing on the ground in the backcourt; with a whole lot of choirboys continuing play at the other end...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
First of all JordyG, you're not alone in your thinking. I know what you mean (what you're feeling). There's something deep down inside of you that says....yeah!!! When UConn beats an opponent with players Geno really really wanted. Cab you imagine this UConn team with Ogunbowale and Turner? SMH. They could forego the tournament, and just give us the NC trophy now, instead of waiting until April to hand it to the Huskies. He also really wanted Asia Durr (Louisville) too.

I sometimes wonder to myself how many players that did go else where, later (secretly) wished they had come to Storrs instead? 99.9% of them didn't win a championship. Most would be happy with 1. You know it had to make them ill, to see the BIG 3 win 4, knowing that had they chose to come here, they would have won multiple NC's. Players choose to go else where for different reasons. You make a choice, and live with it.

I was looking at a picture of Lou and Napheesa last week. They were both laughing hard, and seemed to really be enjoying the moment. I thought to myself, boy, they sure look happy, and glad they choose to join the UConn family. Obviously THEY made the right choice, and we're ALL glad they did. :)
Yep, and I'll feel that way again as soon as we play Louisville. Sorry, I mean if.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
We
Turner has a great BB body but (to date) has not displayed overwhelming smarts nor desire, especially on D and rebounding.

The Irish faithful are cutting her a little slack due to her never-ending shoulder issues, but the difference in both effort and results as compared to substantially diminutive Gabby was a shock to the Notre Dame community.

Ms Ogunbowale is a wonderful talent (though I'm not convinced that I'd trade her even-up for Ms Dangerfield) who tends to become (what we used to call in the Bronx) a chucker, when the going gets rough...not exactly Ms Muffet's style.
There will be days when most of those shots (misguided or not) go in...but this was not one of those days.

Speaking of chucker's; Marina of the famous last name is another one; took some god-awful shots and in her frustration, turned into a South Jersey mafioso mol with her little karate chop to Gary's windpipe...

She should have been excluded from the game for that little episode. I forget who (in the NBA of yore) was splendid at retribution; An offending opponent would be mysteriously writhing on the ground in the backcourt; with a whole lot of choirboys continuing play at the other end...
Well, when Lou did it against Texas it was an F1. I guess the rules are different for UConn.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

msf22b, one thing you MUST keep in mind here. I hear (read) what you are saying, BUT....................NOW, you're looking at "Muffet" coached players. IF they had come to UConn, you'd be looking at "Geno" coached players..........need I say more? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom