This Summer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

It was funny, I just felt like pointing that out. Actually, given his musings on the BB board about the parties thrown while recruits visit, he could very well be Michael Hogan.
Or Harry Hartley.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have said in other posts the female president of USF is very popular with her peers. Chief calls it straight - I have praised and criticized people of different ages, genders and races. The true sexists or bigots are people who put everyone in gender/ethnic groups rather than looking at the case/people specific issues. When someone's argument is weak they say the kind of nonsense you always revert to.
You actually tried to make a serious argument that a combined scrimmage with the women's team on opening night was detrimental to the men's team. What were you saying about sexism?

C

Chief00

You actually tried to make a serious argument that a combined scrimmage with the women's team on opening night was detrimental to the men's team. What were you saying about sexism?

Woman can not play competitive college basketball with men - Are you one of these geniuses that think the women's team could beat the men's team? Geno had the National Champion Women's team practice daily against former boys HS players - so they would play in practice against better competition than they face in the games. It's not sexism to say this - it's realism. You guys are absolutely clueless.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Woman can not play competitive college basketball with men - Are you one of these geniuses that think the women's team could beat the men's team? Geno had the National Champion Women's team practice daily against former boys HS players - so they would play in practice against better competition than they face in the games. It's not sexism to say this - it's realism. You guys are absolutely clueless.

You want to talk clueless, how about the fact that you consider First Night to be an actual practice that is meant to prepare the team for its regular season schedule?

C

Chief00

Hearing 4 teams but it's not definite - the 4th team can't be viewed as too much below the other 3 - but my source says money will likely rule the day

Reaction Score
You can't possibly have that takeaway from what he said, you have to be trolling. . . . . . Sacred Heart high school in Waterbury would destroy the women's team but that has nothing to do with what CTMike and stairmaster where saying. It's insane that you harp on first night all season long, like the Men's and women's teams having a little fun playing around for 20 minutes has anything to do with real games. It makes you sound like a crazy person.

C

Chief00

You can't possibly have that takeaway from what he said, you have to be trolling. . . . . . Sacred Heart high school in Waterbury would destroy the women's team but that has nothing to do with what CTMike and stairmaster where saying. It's insane that you harp on first night all season long, like the Men's and women's teams having a little fun playing around for 20 minutes has anything to do with real games. It makes you sound like a crazy person.

Calhoun never liked First Night even before it was coed. Give him Guyer gym. It doesn't built toughness.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I believe UConn will be invited to P5 in the next few months. Most likely ACC - while I have never been a huge fan of the ACC - I am hearing SEC needs to add a team to open TV contract and that would be a driver. So could be chain reaction.

Of course the Big 12 is in play - personally that's my least favorite option since Texas or OK will likely leave.

Not hearing much on the Big 10 since their new TV deal.

Personally, I like the SEC and that's not totally insane as some might think. That's the conference we would add the most to in terms of footprint and market. I have been saying that for a couple years and others are finally seeing that distant vision in the clouds.

Ironically, we are finally in the drivers seat. I think most of our fans would like the ACC. Either way the SEC will be the driver picking an ACC, Big 12 team or long shot us. Most likely the backfilling will be our ticket.

Every bit of "analysis" El Jefe provided was completely wrong.

Once again the blind squirrel theory is validated.

Reaction Score
Hearing 4 teams but it's not definite - the 4th team can't be viewed as too much below the other 3 - but my source says money will likely rule the day
This has become the Car Wash thread part II. @Chief00 are you prepared to disappear if your prediction doesn't actually happen?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This has become the Car Wash thread part II. @Chief00 are you prepared to disappear if your prediction doesn't actually happen?
Even if it does happen - he'll try to take credit for something thousands of people have been predicting for the last year, as if he's had an original, correct thought ever in his life. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
ESPN actions re: B1G media negotiations may prove to be the undoing of the Big 12 purely for business purposes.

Texas and Oklahoma joining the ACC would consolidate ESPN's most valuable properties, give ESPN the means to an ACC network while not having buy back any content already sold, and by having to increase the payout to only two schools to boot.

Except it can't happen til 2024, at the earliest due to the GOR. Things could be radically different by then.

Reaction Score
Even if it does happen - he'll try to take credit for something thousands of people have been predicting for the last year, as if he's had an original, correct thought ever in his life. :rolleyes:

Careful now, you don't want them taking back your BY "Nice Guy" award do you? ;)

C

Chief00

With some here you can't win!

C

Chief00

Every bit of "analysis" El Jefe provided was completely wrong.

Once again the blind squirrel theory is validated.

You don't understand how this stuff works - my prediction is P5 this summer - as the title implies - the rest is things that could happen due to the expected predicted P5 offer - I can not predict if the ACC will panic when the Big 12 is about to pull the trigger - it has apparently viewed UConn as a safety schools. I also think Mike T's ACC connections are personal pluses and minuses where the Big 12 it's more business and not so personal.

C

Chief00

I have been asked if I still stand by my May P5 This Summer prediction. The answer is yes. While it's been very interesting the various twists and turns - I believe the P5 outcome is still on target.

One thing to note - historically we have had bad outcomes when ESPN is the dominate media partner. Today it's different - Fox seems to be the network most committed to the Big 12 and our consultants with Big East backgrounds have a good relationship with Fox Sports - who is pushing east coast content. Fox has the Big East contract.

My own opinion is UConn, Cincy, UH then either BYU or one of the FL schools. I never understood why Cincy is a lock but it appears to be. UH doesn't have the 8 votes but my guess is in the final push to 14 - a deal will be cut to get the support of the Texas block unless it's just a ploy to pretend they want Houston. Everyone else fears UH recruiting in Metro Houston as part of the Big 12.

The USF President is very popular in that club much more so than ours - so that's a concern - that a deal could be cut for a USF/UCF package - that would make travel better and has TV markets.

Houston's academics will require some nose holding for the Presidents. BYU has a solid football history and decent academics but is not very strategic. The gender issue can be put to bed with a meaningless paragraph that will mean different things to different people.

If I was deciding it would be UConn, UH, Cincy and a FL school. I would even be tempted to drop Cincy and go with both FL schools. But - that won't likely happen. Also, don't discount Hail Mary by another conference now that Big 12 is about ready to act.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Calhoun never liked First Night even before it was coed. Give him Guyer gym. It doesn't built toughness.
True but for lack of a better analogy it is for a lot of recruits similar to a party thrown by Bunky.

Reaction Score
Hopefully it happens. Don't care if you have real information or not, but it would be good to have this all done and over with so life can move on without this in the mind all of the time.

Fall starts on sept. 22nd so they will likely have the schools figured out by then.

I have been asked if I still stand by my May P5 This Summer prediction. The answer is yes. While it's been very interesting the various twists and turns - I believe the P5 outcome is still on target.

One thing to note - historically we have had bad outcomes when ESPN is the dominate media partner. Today it's different - Fox seems to be the network most committed to the Big 12 and our consultants with Big East backgrounds have a good relationship with Fox Sports - who is pushing east coast content. Fox has the Big East contract.

My own opinion is UConn, Cincy, UH then either BYU or one of the FL schools. I never understood why Cincy is a lock but it appears to be. UH doesn't have the 8 votes but my guess is in the final push to 14 - a deal will be cut to get the support of the Texas block unless it's just a ploy to pretend they want Houston. Everyone else fears UH recruiting in Metro Houston as part of the Big 12.

The USF President is very popular in that club much more so than ours - so that's a concern - that a deal could be cut for a USF/UCF package - that would make travel better and has TV markets.

Houston's academics will require some nose holding for the Presidents. BYU has a solid football history and decent academics but is not very strategic. The gender issue can be put to bed with a meaningless paragraph that will mean different things to different people.

If I was deciding it would be UConn, UH, Cincy and a FL school. I would even be tempted to drop Cincy and go with both FL schools. But - that won't likely happen. Also, don't discount Hail Mary by another conference now that Big 12 is about ready to act.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think someone split it out from either the key or non-key thread.

Reaction Score
In order for the SEC to take Uconn they would have to put the same practice in place that MLB does with an expansion team and let Uconn draft players from all the current conference teams. I can't imagine our current roster having to face an SEC gauntlet. That would be a slow and painful transition in football.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I said early as last summer that if the Big 12 wanted to make a bold move they would add 4 to 6 teams. Doesn't mean I have inside info or that I'm smarter than anyone. I'm just one of thousands with an opinion.

Reaction Score
Who dug up this sh1tter?
....that would be chief00 and ummm, I found this thread to be hilarious. I mean who is chief00, that is easy, its Harry, and when he first posted, I thought wow just when you go ahead and do something really dumb, you go ahead and totally re-deem yourself! You know Chief00, that bus of P5 members heading to Texas is going to make one G5 program really happy!

Reaction Score
You guys are the typical Boneyard tangent. My prediction in my post was UConn to P5 before end of summer - most likely ACC.

Quite frankly, as I predicted in May we are on track to P5 This Summer! Look for other conferences to reassess further realignment now - since if the Big12 goes for an additional Billion Dollars in TV - which is likely thru 2025 - that means 4 teams - leaving little flexibility left. Bottom line, whichever P5 seat we land in it will be This Summer - is still the information I have.

You don't understand how this stuff works - my prediction is P5 this summer - as the title implies - the rest is things that could happen due to the expected predicted P5 offer -

It's coming... I'm so excited!!!

September Equinox in New Haven, Connecticut, USA is on Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 10:21 AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom