This Summer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it's UConn and OU to the SEC I'm sure they'd probably put us in the east division but I'd want the west. I would would want to be playing Alabama, Auburn and LSU every year.
Agree. Florida and Georgia would be a slight improvement over Tulane and Tulsa. And South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vandy have already been on our schedule. Forget expansion of the Rent if that happens. You you could probably tarp off the upper tier for most games with that stale schedule.

If the sec calls, we're definitely dictating terms.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
ESPN actions re: B1G media negotiations may prove to be the undoing of the Big 12 purely for business purposes.

Texas and Oklahoma joining the ACC would consolidate ESPN's most valuable properties, give ESPN the means to an ACC network while not having buy back any content already sold, and by having to increase the payout to only two schools to boot.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, as I predicted in May we are on track to P5 This Summer!

Look for other conferences to reassess further realignment now - since if the Big12 goes for an additional Billion Dollars in TV - which is likely thru 2025 - that means 4 teams - leaving little flexibility left. Bottom line, whichever P5 seat we land in it will be This Summer - is still the information I have.

Reaction Score

Look for other conferences to reassess further realignment now - since if the Big12 goes for an additional Billion Dollars in TV - which is likely thru 2025 - that means 4 teams - leaving little flexibility left. Bottom line, whichever P5 seat we land in it will be This Summer - is still the information I have.
Come on Chief! You have to do better than that. We need specifics. If not the conference, atleast tell us the day it will be announced.

Reaction Score

Probably because you knew the AACN was a done deal and that it would cause the Big 12 to change their mind on expansion, right?

C

Chief00

Actually, it's more about their current TV contract through 2025 - 4 teams, a billion dollars. Enough said. Expect this to jump start other conferences evaluations - things will happen this summer as I said in May.

C

Chief00

Come on Chief! You have to do better than that. We need specifics. If not the conference, atleast tell us the day it will be announced.
Never satisfied - just be thankful this nightmare is almost over !

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Chief might be Herbst?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think Chief might be Herbst?

Considering that he doesn't think women should be university presidents, highly unlikely.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well, I was trying to be funny - maybe I swung and missed.

It was funny, I just felt like pointing that out. Actually, given his musings on the BB board about the parties thrown while recruits visit, he could very well be Michael Hogan.

C

Chief00

I have said in other posts the female president of USF is very popular with her peers. Chief calls it straight - I have praised and criticized people of different ages, genders and races. The true sexists or bigots are people who put everyone in gender/ethnic groups rather than looking at the case/people specific issues. When someone's argument is weak they say the kind of nonsense you always revert to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom