"This Is UConn Country" --> Spring Depth Chart Series... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"This Is UConn Country" --> Spring Depth Chart Series...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Please keep your eye discipline and understand how rare it is to find a freshman QB who has never played a down of US rules football, never mind college football, who already has IT.
IT is not where you have played- IT is a leadership factor, the ability to execute in heightened situations. IT allows the other players around you to rise to the occasion.

Reaction Score
IT is not where you have played- IT is a leadership factor, the ability to execute in heightened situations. IT allows the other players around you to rise to the occasion.
I’m taking talent over IT. It won’t deliver a long ball for 6. IT may rally the team up, but what good is it to rally the team up to the occasion if you can’t hit a fade or a out route

Reaction Score
Pasquoloni planned to do that. He started MacEntee against Vandy and planned to bring in Nebrich for the second quarter. But he pulled Nebrich after one series. Johnny Mac went 10 for 27 and 99 yards and threw three INTs, one a game losing pick six. He not only kept Mac in for the entire game, he kept starting him with predictable results. He never gave Nebrich a chance. Nebrich left and became one of Fordham's all time passing leaders.

nearly a decade later and we are still hearing about NebrichHead bang

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I’m taking talent over IT. It won’t deliver a long ball for 6. IT may rally the team up, but what good is it to rally the team up to the occasion if you can’t hit a fade or a out route
You still need to execute to have IT. That means you have to be able to deliver when necessary. That is the talent part.

Reaction Score
You still need to execute to have IT. That means you have to be able to deliver when necessary. That is the talent part.
This all came about because Z came in and led the offense to touchdowns after Steven Krajewski struggled to move the ball or turned it over in fall camp. Reported at the time.

Reaction Score
nearly a decade later and we are still hearing about NebrichHead bang
Yeah, Nebrich turned into a very good college QB. He is a symbol for how UConn has mismanaged the QB position. Hell, Boyle was good enough to make the Packers but we couldn't figure out what do do with him. We have never had a head coach that came from the offensive side of the ball. Edsall, P, Diaco, Edsall, DCs all. And to watch Edsall nail guys to the bench during blowouts even when they can participate, gain experience and maintain a redshirt....yeeech. Anyone who has confidence that Edsall can figure out who should play hasn't been watcing.

Reaction Score
Different skill sets but most seem to agree Steven Krajewski has the highest upside if he develops quickly and stays healthy. Still like Mike a lot as a backup but he does have that ability to extend and energy that keeps guys focused.
A big determinant of what any skill player can produce is the OL. Maybe we should start with evaluating the foundation before getting excited about the view from the pool in the back yard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baby back to this

Boyle threw several great passes in his first handful. But he’s a kid that then looked shellshocked as the hits & INTs rise.

Zergiotis - as noted - has a confidence that he’ll get better as he gets experience. Boyle took a handful of more years - maturity - to really get that in his head. I think Z could be great; but I’m perfectly ok with Krajewski stepping past him. Let’s go

Reaction Score
Different skill sets but most seem to agree Steven Krajewski has the highest upside if he develops quickly and stays healthy. Still like Mike a lot as a backup but he does have that ability to extend and energy that keeps guys focused.
A big determinant of what any skill player can produce is the OL. Maybe we should start with evaluating the foundation before getting excited about the view from the pool in the back yard.

Who’s Mike??

Reaction Score
Baby back to this

Boyle threw several great passes in his first handful. But he’s a kid that then looked shellshocked as the hits & INTs rise.

Zergiotis - as noted - has a confidence that he’ll get better as he gets experience. Boyle took a handful of more years - maturity - to really get that in his head. I think Z could be great; but I’m perfectly ok with Krajewski stepping past him. Let’s go
And the kids love him

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0

I knew some wouldn't handle being stuck inside and sorry that it happened to you :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I knew some wouldn't handle being stuck inside and sorry that it happened to you :)

1588299721791.png

C

Chief00

Baby back to this

I think that’s your perception and it turned out to be faulty. Many of the interceptions were off of receivers hands. since they were frankly not used to the ball coming out of the QB’s hand with any velocity. As Calhoun wound say. We F up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom