"This Is UConn Country" --> Spring Depth Chart Series... | The Boneyard

"This Is UConn Country" --> Spring Depth Chart Series...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Leon reclaims the first spot.

Reaction Score
I thought Zergiotis looked like he had a pretty high upside with lots of work. He has was pretty raw I’ll grant you but has the right mentality and some ability to throw the football. In limited time there is no question that Krajewski looked more polished though. If he is healthy all year he could well take over. This long layoff is going to be interesting. Just do not know what it will mean.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
How can you reclaim what you never owned? At least the other qb’s saw playing time and were named starters.
Edsall had said last year that Leon was #1 until he got Injured. He has experience at NC St...he will be in the mix for starting.

Reaction Score
I thought Zergiotis looked like he had a pretty high upside with lots of work. He has was pretty raw I’ll grant you but has the right mentality and some ability to throw the football. In limited time there is no question that Krajewski looked more polished though. If he is healthy all year he could well take over. This long layoff is going to be interesting. Just do not know what it will mean.
What impressed me the most about Zergiotis was that even after a turnover or INT he wasn't afraid to throw the ball. A lot of true freshman would get skiddiash after a tuenover

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Zergiotis has upside and good game experience. Krajewski came in with great credentials but was trying to be perfect and as a result, couldn't gain the spot. He gives us a mobile QB that Z didn't necessarily show. Leon is a good athlete, maybe even more mobile than Krajewski- but doesn't appear to have a rifle of an arm. The others will redshirt.

Personally, looking through all the things RE says- this goes down until 2 weeks before the end of practice when RE will name Krajewski the starting QB. The combination of mobility and knowing the offense and executing will give him the edge of Jack Zergiotis with Leon our 3rd string. My bet is due to injuries and whatever else happens in the course of a football season - all 3 will see significant action.

Reaction Score
he never played a down for NC St in a game ...
Yep. Another load of BS. Edsall said this in the middle of the season after switching QBs back and forth a handful of times. Leon got hurt in the 2nd practice of the season, they weren’t even in full pads yet. Another cop out from RE.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

yes he redshirted at NCST. I remember watching their spring game and him looking solid in limited time.

Reaction Score
Yep. Another load of BS. Edsall said this in the middle of the season after switching QBs back and forth a handful of times. Leon got hurt in the 2nd practice of the season, they weren’t even in full pads yet. Another cop out from RE.
Tom Brady could be on the team and Edsall would find a way to screw that up too.

Reaction Score
yes he redshirted at NCST. I remember watching their spring game and him looking solid in limited time.
My thing was if he was solid I could understand no scholarship to Nc state but not to have a single other school offer you is concerning

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
What can I say...Edsall said he was the number one before he got injured. He came from NC St. I never said he played a down there.

Seems like a fair question to wonder if he is #1 again if he is healthy. I certainly didn't see anything last year from anyone else that would close the door on this possibility.

Reaction Score
What can I say...Edsall said he was the number one before he got injured. He came from NC St. I never said he played a down there.

Seems like a fair question to wonder if he is #1 again if he is healthy. I certainly didn't see anything last year from anyone else that would close the door on this possibility.
I don’t believe Edsall ever said he was #1 at the beginning of the season. Edsall made a comment after the last game “that our probable starter was injured all season.” Just one more example how RE mismanaged the QB position since his return.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don’t believe Edsall ever said he was #1 at the beginning of the season. Edsall made a comment after the last game “that our probable starter was injured all season.” Just one more example how RE mismanaged the QB position since his return.
I honestly don't see the difference.

Reaction Score
Washington was the one that failed here. Leon was brought in after that became apparent, got hurt and then the decision was left to start the backups from the spring. Beaudry was the oldest and most experienced but had a history of injuries got the nod as a game manager, was hurt, got hurt and was pretty much done. Edsall went with the hot hand from practices in Z. Got overwhelmed against the better teams. K was brought in for relief but got hurt in a courageous effort. The interior line did them no favors as most of the pressure came up the middle. More evidence why they were not coming back for 2020 as the tackles were the positions that graded highest on the Oline.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady could be on the team and Edsall would find a way to screw that up too.
You mean like when Lloyd Carr started Brady in one quarter and Drew Henson in the next then decided who would play the 2nd half based on play? Sounds more like something Bob Diaco would do.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
You mean like when Lloyd Carr started Brady in one quarter and Drew Henson in the next then decided who would play the 2nd half based on play? Sounds more like something Bob Diaco would do.
Actually he DID that.

Reaction Score
Pasquoloni planned to do that. He started MacEntee against Vandy and planned to bring in Nebrich for the second quarter. But he pulled Nebrich after one series. Johnny Mac went 10 for 27 and 99 yards and threw three INTs, one a game losing pick six. He not only kept Mac in for the entire game, he kept starting him with predictable results. He never gave Nebrich a chance. Nebrich left and became one of Fordham's all time passing leaders.

Reaction Score
I was looking forward to seeing all of the constructive things you had to add on this topic.
Please keep your eye discipline and understand how rare it is to find a freshman QB who has never played a down of US rules football, never mind college football, who already has IT.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Please keep your eye discipline and understand how rare it is to find a freshman QB who has never played a down of US rules football, never mind college football, who already has IT.

HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0 HCREDreamJob2.0

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom